Interest Matsui Zen $20 and $100 Plaque Group Buy 2023 - Interest Thread (2 Viewers)

Black on yellow or orange on yellow?

• Total voters
Yes, I have had chats with Matsui regarding just the plaque racks. It seems they are ONLY shipping them via air freight now. Which is fantastic to get them quickly, but it really jacks up the price.

If you are definitely ordering plaques, I would be willing to collaborate with you and combine orders.
You were in contact with Roxanna, correct? No response from her yet, which is atypical.

Okay, here's the latest. Prices are up slightly since the last GB and even from just a few months ago in the case of the racks, given the quote @Himewad was given. Between 3-10%, depending on the item.

Base prices per item, which does NOT include shipping (shared cost), reshipping (individualized), artwork fees ($235/plaque - shared), royalty fees to J5 (shared), taxes (shared), other supplies such as tape, etc.:

$20 and $100 plaques: $13

Small plaque racks: $5
Med plaque racks: $6
Large plaque racks: $8

Chip racks: $4

There are no price breaks on racks. She didn't specifically address the plaques, so I will ask, but I am confident its the same, no price breaks. Pending firmer numbers for a quote for shipping, but it will be significant and you'll have to add a substantial amount on top of the base prices.

I need to confirm this but since everything ships by air, the cost to ship racks (which take up lots of space) is going to be as much the plaques, if not more, because they charge by weight and/or volume on air shipments.

Bottom line: I won't be doing chip racks in this GB and I don't think I'll add plaque rack-only purchases to this GB as it could skew the shipping costs.

Maybe a stupid question... What size plaque racks would the plaques fit into?
Correction, it would be large racks. I just checked mine, and the mediums are just not wide enough.

So if I ordered like 20-30 plaques. I could order 2 racks for these, as long as I am buying plaques?

Last edited:
Reactions: BNM
All, just waiting on the quotes from Matsui for shipping.

Yeah but I have the 5K and the 25K from the tournament chips as well so I would like to put them all in racks.
Of course you would, because you are a person of high bearing and class!

I can also try and help if needed. I have to ask the question is there any chips that will be bought with this GB? I may buy 500 of single chips by myself. Figured I would ask.

Reactions: BNM
I can also try and help if needed. I have to ask the question is there any chips that will be bought with this GB? I may buy 500 of single chips by myself. Figured I would ask.
Wasn’t the plan. Never asked for permission to do that, just the plaques.

Just to confirm:
$20 Plaque - Black on Yellow
mz_p20v1-jpg.899438

$100 Plaque - Blue on Black
1663030431353-jpeg.985941

Both will be the same size. They fit into a large Matsui plaque rack which holds 50 plaques.

I would add a plaque rack to my order as well. Makes sense.
don't know if you are aware, but normally they ship IN the racks. So if you are ordering like 50, you get a rack automatically. If not, it's kinda up to the whim of the person doing the shipping/re-shipping who gets the extra racks. Like I'll probably get 56 plaques total. I expect I'd get a rack. I don't expect I'd get two.

Totally correct ever 50 gets a rack. My opinion for additional racks my thoughts are they have to pay more if you don't order at least 30 plaques just saying. I understand but ordering racks costs us all more if there is not enough plaques.

So, if we do ANY add-on racks it will be a separate charge. Why? Because the shipping costs, per item, double when you include racks. Not passing the rack-primarily buying cost onto those buying plaques, the central purpose of this GB.

If there is enough interest for the rack buyers, I’d consider that separate buy, but as @Himewad said, it’s no joke more.

Details to follow, and a separate order thread.

don't know if you are aware, but normally they ship IN the racks. So if you are ordering like 50, you get a rack automatically. If not, it's kinda up to the whim of the person doing the shipping/re-shipping who gets the extra racks. Like I'll probably get 56 plaques total. I expect I'd get a rack. I don't expect I'd get two.
Oh that makes sense. Thanks for clarifying!

This is correct.

Equipo/team,

I’ll be posting an order thread this weekend. Best guess I’d imagine a minimum of a 30% add-on to the base price of every plaque.

Please don’t roger up unless you are going to buy. I won’t place the order before I have your money, but it saves everyone a ton of time if the beer-muscles krew just stays home.

When you setup the order thread will you have the exact price of the plaques and racks?

When you setup the order thread will you have the exact price of the plaques and racks?
Partially, yes. But it isn’t possible to know all the costs at this point.

We will know the price per chip that Matsui charges, but everything after that is an estimate until they actually ship and arrive. For example, I have a quote/estimate on shipping from Matsui but that’s an estimate based on the numbers I gave them. Then, I can estimate what customs charges will be, but that’s not precise at all. After that, is the repacking and reshipping to everyone via USPS, which we should be able to estimate fairly closely.

So, yes, but no. We will not know the final-final cost until they arrive in the USA and are being prepped for re-shipping.

There will be two money collections, the primary one for plaques and racks with the shipping from Matsui to the USA, and then a much smaller one for the shipping within the USA and any customs or other fees that weren’t included in the first payment.

Everything will be transparent. I will create a spreadsheet and track everything and share it with all GB participants.

Best guesstimate at this point is 33% on top of the per plaque or rack price, but that will vary also based on how many you buy. If you buy a single plaque, it’s going to cost over $20 with all the re-shipping, etc.

Last edited:
If I ordered like 30ish plaques would you consider $17 to be reasonable per plaque and then re-shipping on top of that?

I'm gonna have to duck out of this. I would love to pick up some plaques, but am currently unemployed, and even my fickle responsibility muscle is strong enough that spending the cash seems like a bad idea. Terrible timing!

I'm gonna have to duck out of this. I would love to pick up some plaques, but am currently unemployed, and even my fickle responsibility muscle is strong enough that spending the cash seems like a bad idea. Terrible timing!
Sad you will miss out, but understand and support the sound decision.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom