Matsui Premium Buttons (1 Viewer)

mnebesny

Flush
Reaction score
Does any one know who manufactures the premium site dealer buttons? I know there's a significant cost to these buttons, but they're awesome. Has any member tried/gotten comletely custom buttons like these? If so what was the MOQ like?

I know there are lots of other custom buttons options out there (ceramics from BrPro, plaques from MSK, acryllic from Potsie, etc.) but I've never seen anything else like these before...are they just Matsui plaques with opaque printing?

(not my photo; taken from the site store)
1648922029341.png

Does any one know who manufactures the premium site dealer buttons? I know there's a significant cost to these buttons, but they're awesome. Has any member tried/gotten comletely custom buttons like these? If so what was the MOQ like?

I know there are lots of other custom buttons options out there (ceramics from BrPro, plaques from MSK, acryllic from Potsie, etc.) but I've never seen anything else like these before...are they just Matsui plaques with opaque printing?

(not my photo; taken from the site store)
View attachment 888953
Pretty sure @Tommy gets these made and I think it’s Matsui

But looking at that foil effect maybe it’s MSK. I’ve got products from both. Definitely has a Matsui feel to it. If it makes any sense.

I’ve got one too, and even BRpro has made PCF stuff before, here …..
image.jpg

Interesting! I know @TX_Golf_N_Poker is doing a GB on plaques with marbly options from Tina and @MemphisFats is doing a GB for smaller/thinner DBs from Tina.

Wonder if Tina could make a similar but more affordable version of the PCF-style DB (not the same design obviously).

Interesting! I know @TX_Golf_N_Poker is doing a GB on plaques with marbly options from Tina and @MemphisFats is doing a GB for smaller/thinner DBs from Tina.

Wonder if Tina could make a similar but more affordable version of the PCF-style DB (not the same design obviously).
Tina said the buttons she’s doing for me, 52mmx5mm 25g, are the largest she can. Originally I wanted larger, but this was the best i could get.

I know none of the MSK jetons are flat (they all have the molded inset), they're much more rounded looking on the edges, and I think they're thinner. I know @Quicksilver-75 ordered jetons not too long ago, may he could weigh in.

As for the cards-mold-vendor plaques, I have a few that I got for samples, and they're definitely good value, but the quality doesn't feel as good, which is to be expected.
The marbelling on the Chinese plaques is great, seems to be on par (or close to) with MSK.
1648926624310.png
1648926829048.png

It's hard to see in the photos but the MSK plaques seem prone to getting a grid stamp in places that diminishes the look of the marble effect.
1648927191888.png
The solid colours on the Chinese plaques are noticeably dotted, I guess from a lower resolution printer?
1648927092506.png
1648926576289.png
The MSK plaques also have slight spotting on the solid colours, but imo it's not as noticeable, especially on the red. I'm no expert in printing though, and it might be worse with other more-comparable colours. The black is still super nice though, and seems to have crisper edges than the Chinese plaques.
1648926976090.png
The Chinese edges are kinda rough and unfinished, especially for the middle layer. The opaque printing and marble texture also don't wrap around the edge, which gives the edges the transparent look.
1648926638832.png
The MSK plaques have nice smooth and flush edges. You can easily stand a plaque on it's edge whereas the Chinese plaques are too rounded to do this. I don't think this is true with the MSK round jetons though, afaik they're also more rounded and potentially thinner.
1648926731534.png
1648926721460.png
The Chinese plaques don't feel as nice in your hand or when you rub two of them together; the plastic just feels "cheaper"The MSK plaques feel great, slide nice and smooth against each other, and have this subtle suctioning feel when you pick one up off a stack that the Chinese ones just don't have.

I don't have any Matsui plaques so I can't compare, but I've heard only great things about them. I think they're all comepletely flat, which would be great for buttons, but I don't think they offer molded plaques. I guess this is an excuse to buy more samples.

Last edited:
I haven't seen the plaques or jetons offered by the Chinese vendors. Frankly, I don't want to. I'll never use them for a whole host of reasons. MSK puts out some pretty nice products. They aren't perfect but they're still very nice for the price. Keeping this in mind, I've been using them for many years now. I can vouch for their integrity and their commitment to producing a great product. This is my personal paramount concern. I don't want my stuff being reproduced and sold on Alibaba. They've made some recent investments that have propelled their items upwards in terms of quality. Their new printer can reproduce images at a much higher resolution keeping details like shading or fine print quite legible. See pic.
20220331_113447.jpg

The materials they use are also much better than in years prior. Their designers are also very dependable. If you need something done and aren't up to date on the process they'll figure out how to do it. I've never had an issue with language barriers or miscommunication.
All this is also true of Matsui. And more. And as a result their products are priced much higher. But make no mistake, Matsui puts out a vastly superior product.

I know none of the MSK jetons are flat (they all have the molded inset), they're much more rounded looking on the edges, and I think they're thinner. I know @Quicksilver-75 ordered jetons not too long ago, may he could weigh in.

As for the cards-mold-vendor plaques, I have a few that I got for samples, and they're definitely good value, but the quality doesn't feel as good, which is to be expected.
The marbelling on the Chinese plaques is great, seems to be on par (or close to) with MSK.
View attachment 888998
View attachment 889004
It's hard to see in the photos but the MSK plaques seem prone to getting a grid stamp in places that diminishes the look of the marble effect.
View attachment 889010
The solid colours on the Chinese plaques are noticeably dotted, I guess from a lower resolution printer?
View attachment 889009View attachment 888997
The MSK plaques also have slight spotting on the solid colours, but imo it's not as noticeable, especially on the red. I'm no expert in printing though, and it might be worse with other more-comparable colours. The black is still super nice though, and seems to have crisper edges than the Chinese plaques.
View attachment 889006
The Chinese edges are kinda rough and unfinished, especially for the middle layer. The opaque printing and marble texture also don't wrap around the edge, which gives the edges the transparent look.
View attachment 888999
The MSK plaques have nice smooth and flush edges. You can easily stand a plaque on it's edge whereas the Chinese plaques are too rounded to do this. I don't think this is true with the MSK round jetons though, afaik they're also more rounded and potentially thinner.
View attachment 889002View attachment 889001
The Chinese plaques don't feel as nice in your hand or when you rub two of them together; the plastic just feels "cheaper"The MSK plaques feel great, slide nice and smooth against each other, and have this subtle suctioning feel when you pick one up off a stack that the Chinese ones just don't have.

I don't have any Matsui plaques so I can't compare, but I've heard only great things about them. I think they're all comepletely flat, which would be great for buttons, but I don't think they offer molded plaques. I guess this is an excuse to buy more samples.
These MSK's are great from I've seen!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom