Mardi Gras Table Build (1 Viewer)

Fitting cupholders -

20151128_221604_zpso3ab2aop.jpg

Looking really good, Perry. If I got my hands on a felt as hot as that I don't think I'd be able to avoid doing some kind of custom or semi-custom Orleans chips. Maybe some labeled Majestics or some GOCC ceramics. With a purple $5 obv :)

Awesome table, nice build thread. Thanks for sharing!

In the latest pic, it looks like there's light only coming from the dealer's spot? Was this intentional, or have some of the bulbs burnt out? In the earlier shots, the entire rail is lit up.

This was from last night's game, and explaining it gets into my "mostly" comment from yesterday. The LED strand wasn't long enough, so I cut a piece from another set and added it using these:

51DAyJheodL._SL1000__zpsulsgomxy.jpg

I had issues getting the LED string to stay attached to the spacers, where I had adhered them. When the lights detached, they would shift forward, making the individual LEDs visble. (Does that make sense?) While trying to adjust the lights for the 15th time, it seemed, another section detached. I didn't notice, and pinched the strand between the diffuser and rail, breaking that connection. I told the players that the lights weren't working, but turned them on to show what I meant. This picture was taken at that time. (Didn't leave the light on.)

What you're seeing is the beginning of the strand, where the power is, to where that break occurs. Chuck just thought it was interesting. I'm going to try and fix it tonight. I just need to cut another section out and add another of the connectors. (And figure out how to better adhere them. I brought some spacers, a bunch of different adhesives, and a string of LED's to work with me for testing during the day..)

Ugh it's a real pain in the @ss when the LED strip isn't long enough. 5 meters is a usual length sold but for a 96" long table it's usually not enough. I've lost track of how many tables I've had to add a short 1 or 2 foot length of LEDs to the end.

I normally staple a strip of 1/2" to 3/4" wide hardboard to the spacers, then attach the LED strips to the hardboard with the adhesive back and then use cable ties to secure the lights to the hardboard as well in case the adhesive ever fails, which is usually does.

Ugh it's a real pain in the @ss when the LED strip isn't long enough. 5 meters is a usual length sold but for a 96" long table it's usually not enough. I've lost track of how many tables I've had to add a short 1 or 2 foot length of LEDs to the end.

I normally staple a strip of 1/2" to 3/4" wide hardboard to the spacers, then attach the LED strips to the hardboard with the adhesive back and then use cable ties to secure the lights to the hardboard as well in case the adhesive ever fails, which is usually does.

I use cable staples.

Couple shots from last night. I still have a bit more work to do. I worked on the lights, but still not happy with them. There is a slight shade variation between the two different sections. Might just start over with the LED's. (I bought 4 different 3 meter sections, so I have plenty.) Still have to fix the playing surface. Also might get something printed on cling film to go over the diffuser strips. Undecided. Also will probably replace the rail foam.

Anyway. Here's a cool pic daschuck77 took. (Oh wait, he took all three of these.)

Buyin_zpsdu0wmtsw.jpg

Action shot -

action1_zpsmk8ynmu0.jpg

The aftermath. There were many more chips on the table, of course. But I start coloring up 30 minutes before the game breaks to make cashouts easier.

after_zpsniuusdsd.jpg

@brains613 @T_Chan

I have a source for LED lighting strips that I use in commercial building applications at work.

Check out novaflexled.com

I've lit a translucent domed roof with these. Can get several options...different brightnesses, colored, color changing, dimmable, temp changing, remote controlled....

Pretty nice lights from Novaflex. The 60 series looks like it would be great, but the other series are max 16' which isn't long enough for bigger tables. I also use RGBW led strips whereas they only have RGB. I'll check out their 60 series though.

Pretty nice lights from Novaflex. The 60 series looks like it would be great, but the other series are max 16' which isn't long enough for bigger tables. I also use RGBW led strips whereas they only have RGB. I'll check out their 60 series though.

They're splice able with an amp Iirc...and multiple strips can sync through a controller.

Might not be the best option for color....the 60 series are encased in a silicone that makes them submersible but also protect the diodes.

You know for those fish tank tables...

Decided to replace the legs on the table with some better ones.

Old and Busted -

20160908_201608_zpsyht132yi.jpg

New hotness -

20160908_202654_zpsyy9otcyk.jpg

And a pic with them on the table, ready for the game tonight -

20160912_175336_zpsjcbewq6u.jpg

They're taller than the old legs, so I need to get a different wheeled chair for dealing, and MIGHT need to get different chairs for the players. We'll see after they start arriving in about 10 minutes.

I still want to get a diffuser strip (not sure if the right term), replace my chair covers with purple ones, redo the decorative nails, and rerun the LED's. But I'm still happy with the build and table.

Also, I have a little bit more to say about the legs, but I'll post it later.

Not sure how I missed this. Brains this table is left. Well done!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom