Mandatory straddle on low vpip player. Yes/No? (1 Viewer)

Yeah assuming there’s rfid poker table. Just curious what people think about this idea
Okay, you've gotten unanimous hate for this idea from a very wide range of players. Its always good to be creative but think of other avenues. I don't care if its automated, thats not the problem, its the tracking element Im not interested in. Just know whos tight and whos not. If someone barely plays, either dont invite him or fold to his raises, simple as.

You can use a token or some other NCV chip /jeton for the rock. You put it in the first pot of the night and whoever wins that has the rock. When the player with the rock is utg it's a mandatory straddle and they post the rock with their straddle. Whoever wins that pot now has the rock and they straddle once they are utg. It continues in the same way all night.

It's a randomized partial mandatory straddle. I used one in a previous game and everyone loved it. I'd use one in my current game but we get enough voluntary straddles it seems unnecessary.
I've played in a game where we used a rock. It was a ton of fun because the rock was a bobble head of "The Rock". Good times. Thanks Payback.

Ok, so you say that you are going to use RFID to calculate a player's VPIP (and presumably other in game stats) in a live game. Does everybody at the table get to see these stats, or are you planning to keep this information to yourself? If the latter, this is a scummy, scammy, unethical, and pretty much cheating move. I hate the use of trackers online, but at least everyone at the table has an equal opportunity to use one. Using this info in a home game is pretty low (IMO).

What's next, reviewing the player's hole cards post-game (RFID Cards) to see what they had on a particular bet or fold? Or would you even wait until post-game?

Last edited:
To summarize:
- let everyone play in the style they prefer.
- take advantage; bluff the nits, call down the aggros.
- want more action overall? Introduce bomb pots, nit game, straddles (on everyone).
- the above didn’t do the trick? Be more selective with your invites.

Optional side bets like the stand up game also discourage people from playing too tight. Trying to single out a single person seems very petty.

NIT’s are some of the easiest player types to play against in general. Don’t give them action when they are betting (on the rare occasion they do it) unless you have a monster. Don’t feed a NIT.
What is 'the stand up game'?

I am thinking to enforce straddle on user with low vpip.
Creating rules that only apply to one player (theoretically) is a terrible idea. Home games are usually more about the people and having fun than they are about making money.

What about no limp calling, no family pots(or make them taxed), and you can only go all in once a night

People going all in frequently are bullies and make the game not fun

Doctor Who Reaction GIF

If someone's play is annoying enough to the rest of the table, say they're playing 5% of hands, just don't invite them. If it's not that annoying, just steal their blinds and fold whenever they raise.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom