Majestic China Clays (1 Viewer)

My half of a combo order of 1000 Majestic chips. We got these really early, so I've had them for a few years now and love them. We swapped the .25 chip out for yellow instead and labeled manually. Pictured are my set with custom case build-out, and the combo setup for a tournament we ran.

@Horatio are those plaques in the front middle of the top picture? What kind of case is that? I have a birdcage and I am trying to figure out how to keep plaques in there.

Yes, I have about 16 of the $100 plaques and 1 $500 (just cause). The case is a Seahorse SE710, and I designed the ordered the foam insert from mycasebuilder.com

I've done 3 custom cases now for different sets. I'm overall totally thrilled with the outcome. It costs extra, but man, the cases are robust, and if you do it right, the custom foam is perfect.

I have a large set of Majestic's that I used for both cash and tournament. I since bought enough CPS chips to use as my tourney set but still use the Majestic's for cash despite hating the coral colored .25 chip. The Majestic's are a fine chip but after a while, I began to dislike the dark labels. I think I might buy some CC Pharaoh's for my cash set.

I have a large set of Majestic's that I used for both cash and tournament. I since bought enough CPS chips to use as my tourney set but still use the Majestic's for cash despite hating the coral colored .25 chip. The Majestic's are a fine chip but after a while, I began to dislike the dark labels. I think I might buy some CC Pharaoh's for my cash set.
Thinking of selling your majestic set?

I have:

.25 x 300
.50 x 100
$1 x 200
$5 x 100
$25 x 200
$100 x 200
$500 x 100
$1000 x 100
$5000 x 100

1400 Chips and a dealer button

I would like to get 50x$25 and 50x$100. I would consider more if it helps get a deal done, but I don't want all of them. Looking at the denominations available this probably won't work out for me.

I currently own 250x$25, $150x$100 and that would help me fill out the racks.

I like the .25 up to the 25 if you want to split. Or might consider your whole set. Pm me

Got my orange chips from @Apache and ordered $5k denom labels from @ABC Gifts and Awards. The final result is in the picture. I really like this $5k chip much better than the brown. @Gear never responded to my direct message and the website is under construction so I would recommend anyone else needing labels just reach out directly to @ABC Gifts and Awards, Gene was very quick to respond and I received my order within a few business days.
I'm looking at purchasing a tournament set of Majestics, I too do not like the 5000 and would like to relabel them - can you explain the cost associated with this and how was the process, did you order blank majestic chips?

I just saw you spent $21~ for 100 labels. Thanks

I'm looking at purchasing a tournament set of Majestics, I too do not like the 5000 and would like to relabel them - can you explain the cost associated with this and how was the process, did you order blank majestic chips?

I just saw you spent $21~ for 100 labels. Thanks
Either order new labels or add extra labeled chips to your order, swap the labels, and sell off the unwanted chips (blanks or labeled). Swapping labels is easy.

@Lancew09, it's a fairly easy process to peel the labels, and put them on a blank chip. Having a nice Xacto knife makes the task easier. I bought oranges to use as my 5k. I'm going to use my browns as bounties, but you could use them as seating or rebuy chips, as well. Labels from @Gear are 15¢/ea (30¢/chip)/

Or you can by Majestic blanks from Apache and Labels from Gear

This post is for anyone trying to make their mind up about purchasing Majestic CCs over the other brands. I recently purchased a tournament set from Apache after obsessing over which brand to buy for nearly a week. I was mostly between Milano and Majestic. I got a sample set of each and at first, there were things I liked better about each. The colors of the Majestics are far more vibrant than the Milano. The feel is very similiar. I prefer the edge spots of the Milano and at first I preferred the inlay stickers of the Milano too. After having them for a few days the Majestic stickers grew on me and I decided I liked them more. The quality control of the Majestic labels is much better than Milano. Some of the Milano labels are printed offset and I don't like how the font size changes for the higher denominations. The Majestic labels are basically uniform with font size and there are no quality issues. I also prefer the sound of the Majestic over Milano, it's more of a deep, dull thud compared to the slightly higher pitch sounds the Milanos make.

Once I received my Majestic tournament set and oiled them all, I'm very happy with my decision. They stack nicely and stick together nicely. A stack of the Milanos actually slides apart and falls over with less bumps of the table than the Majestics. The colors really pop after oiling. The crown mold impressions around the edge of the chip look a lot better than the pattern they use for the Milano mold. IMO, I like everything better about the Majestics except for the edge spots of the Milano. I'm also not a fan of the stock $5k brown, I think I'm gonna order the orange Majestics and relabel them with $5k labels. I just prefer a bright color for the higher denomination chips.

If you're on the fence, I highly recommend Majestic over Milano!
I just ordered 1300 majestic for my tournament set & I picked up 600 of the Royals for a cash set - thanks for the review, this review helped me make my decision!

I'll be oiling mine up as well!

I noticed that the black majestics seem to be more slippery than the other colors. Has anyone else experienced this with their majestics??

I noticed that the black majestics seem to be more slippery than the other colors. Has anyone else experienced this with their majestics??
I personally don’t think all of them are about the same. They are somewhat slick but the more you use them, the tackier you get. They great thing though is they don’t wear down easily since they are harder than normal clay.

Wow these pictures are making Majestics look SEXY! Will have keep them in mind if I ever get a travel set!

Got my orange chips from @Apache and ordered $5k denom labels from @ABC Gifts and Awards. The final result is in the picture. I really like this $5k chip much better than the brown. @Gear never responded to my direct message and the website is under construction so I would recommend anyone else needing labels just reach out directly to @ABC Gifts and Awards, Gene was very quick to respond and I received my order within a few business days.
This is great info for us newbies. Thank you.

Yea, I bought some of every apache china clay before finally settling on the Majestics. The color choices and boldness of those colors is why they win out for me. I see why some favor the edgespots of the other CCs but I still like the Majestics edges. Just wish any of these china clays had sharp edges...

Thanks for the info. I am choosing between these two. Just ordered a sample of each. I think I like Milano’s but the quality control worries me. If I found either used for a discount that would probably make my decision, but they don’t seem to show up in the classifieds.

Thanks for the info. I am choosing between these two. Just ordered a sample of each. I think I like Milano’s but the quality control worries me. If I found either used for a discount that would probably make my decision, but they don’t seem to show up in the classifieds.
Well, if you're interested in Dunes china clays, I'm about to post in the classifieds as soon as I get home and take some pics. I have 800 of em I've barely touched.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom