Majestic China Clays (1 Viewer)

mjernst83

Sitting Out
Reaction score
This post is for anyone trying to make their mind up about purchasing Majestic CCs over the other brands. I recently purchased a tournament set from Apache after obsessing over which brand to buy for nearly a week. I was mostly between Milano and Majestic. I got a sample set of each and at first, there were things I liked better about each. The colors of the Majestics are far more vibrant than the Milano. The feel is very similiar. I prefer the edge spots of the Milano and at first I preferred the inlay stickers of the Milano too. After having them for a few days the Majestic stickers grew on me and I decided I liked them more. The quality control of the Majestic labels is much better than Milano. Some of the Milano labels are printed offset and I don't like how the font size changes for the higher denominations. The Majestic labels are basically uniform with font size and there are no quality issues. I also prefer the sound of the Majestic over Milano, it's more of a deep, dull thud compared to the slightly higher pitch sounds the Milanos make.

Once I received my Majestic tournament set and oiled them all, I'm very happy with my decision. They stack nicely and stick together nicely. A stack of the Milanos actually slides apart and falls over with less bumps of the table than the Majestics. The colors really pop after oiling. The crown mold impressions around the edge of the chip look a lot better than the pattern they use for the Milano mold. IMO, I like everything better about the Majestics except for the edge spots of the Milano. I'm also not a fan of the stock $5k brown, I think I'm gonna order the orange Majestics and relabel them with $5k labels. I just prefer a bright color for the higher denomination chips.

If you're on the fence, I highly recommend Majestic over Milano!

Attachments

• Stacks.jpg
    Stacks.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 1,078
Here ya go! Included before and after pics of oiling too.

Attachments

• 20FC94A6-F2F4-4027-825B-CB0FC33E0CCD.jpeg
    20FC94A6-F2F4-4027-825B-CB0FC33E0CCD.jpeg
    199.7 KB · Views: 1,305
  • 449B4356-0B67-4A33-A8B1-1321A8605565.jpeg
    449B4356-0B67-4A33-A8B1-1321A8605565.jpeg
    152.9 KB · Views: 2,954
  • B8B19F17-0449-46B1-A964-4FE9CEE329BD.jpeg
    B8B19F17-0449-46B1-A964-4FE9CEE329BD.jpeg
    161.3 KB · Views: 1,418
  • 7C408188-A906-4DA1-92B3-944CADCFD238.jpeg
    7C408188-A906-4DA1-92B3-944CADCFD238.jpeg
    200.2 KB · Views: 1,293
  • 17D34038-8D68-46AB-B35A-AA668F6F9E35.jpeg
    17D34038-8D68-46AB-B35A-AA668F6F9E35.jpeg
    137.4 KB · Views: 1,204
I have a large set of Majestics and I also didn’t like the brown $5000 chips so I purchased some pink chips and had them labeled with $5000 denom. Gear makes the labels and he actually had some blank Majestics to sell and he took care of it. I’ll post a few pics later to show as an example

Always post pics. I have zero Majestics. I do have a plan for a friend when the spirit molds die to replace them with majestic in the future.

Attachments

• 9274D28D-51CC-43F8-9EE3-BD1F2AE0B1F4.jpeg
    9274D28D-51CC-43F8-9EE3-BD1F2AE0B1F4.jpeg
    218.8 KB · Views: 702
  • 9CDC0CD1-5D36-4CDE-8691-6177447FEA82.jpeg
    9CDC0CD1-5D36-4CDE-8691-6177447FEA82.jpeg
    193.6 KB · Views: 709
I have a large set of Majestics and I also didn’t like the brown $5000 chips so I purchased some pink chips and had them labeled with $5000 denom. Gear makes the labels and he actually had some blank Majestics to sell and he took care of it. I’ll post a few pics later to show as an example
I tried to go to the Gear website but it says it's down for maintenance. Does Apache not sell the labels at all? I was hoping to order the orange chips and labels along with them but if the guy at Gear can take care of all of it that would be great too. Do you have contact info? I can't get anything from the website currently.

I substituted the bright orange for the $5000 chip and use brown for $20,000 that never get used. Highly recommend.

I tried to go to the Gear website but it says it's down for maintenance. Does Apache not sell the labels at all? I was hoping to order the orange chips and labels along with them but if the guy at Gear can take care of all of it that would be great too. Do you have contact info? I can't get anything from the website currently.

Contact @Gear on here

Here’s a splash pot comparison Milano vs Majestic. It’s always going to be a personal preference but for me, Majestic > Milano.

Attachments

• D5008734-9423-4E57-9133-5F059D4428E0.jpeg
    D5008734-9423-4E57-9133-5F059D4428E0.jpeg
    210.8 KB · Views: 913
I substituted the bright orange for the $5000 chip and use brown for $20,000 that never get used. Highly recommend.
I’ve replaced the brown 5K’s with orange. I was going to use the brown chips as bounties, but now I’m going to grab a pack of either the $5 red or $500 white Royal oversized chips.

I tried snagging the 400 black and orange blanks on eBay for $99. They were taken down then reposted for $199

Did you get your labels from Gear or Apache? And did you do the relabeling yourself?
You can no longer get labels from Apache. Gear bought out all of the labels from the first build of chips so labels can only be purchase from Gear. That being said you only want to get newly made labels for the 5000s because the original labels had a fade in the middle of the label. The new Majestics don’t have a fade. Gear knows this and will get you the right label. You can search the forms for “majestic” and “fade” and see what I mean.

I was impatient and gear had a long list of work on his plate so I just ordered 25 Blank Orange chips, moved the $5000 labels over to the orange blanks, and sold the blank brown chips that I didn’t make $20,000. Labels peel off really easy with the X-Acto knife and can easily be swapped.

You can no longer get labels from Apache. Gear bought out all of the labels from the first build of chips so labels can only be purchase from Gear. That being said you only want to get newly made labels for the 5000s because the original labels had a fade in the middle of the label. The new Majestics don’t have a fade. Gear knows this and will get you the right label. You can search the forms for “majestic” and “fade” and see what I mean.

I was impatient and gear had a long list of work on his plate so I just ordered 25 Blank Orange chips, moved the $5000 labels over to the orange blanks, and sold the blank brown chips that I didn’t make $20,000. Labels peel off really easy with the X-Acto knife and can easily be swapped.
Thanks for the info. I had read about the fade being removed from the design and I see that mine don't have it. I've messaged Gear, hopefully he's not so busy now and can get some labels to me soon. If not I'll try the X-Acto knife method.

And the table topper for the win!
Had to put it em on the PCF logo for this post. I missed the original GB for that but was able to snag one from someone with a want ad

Great looking set, you said pink earlier but those chips look like the orange ones, right? Did you do the labels yourself or did @Gear do them for you?
I call em pink bc they were originally a frac but they’re really pink/orange. Not really a bright enough color to be either one. I planned on getting the blanks from Apache and have gear send me the labels. Gear is great to deal with and he advised me that he can do the labels no problem but he also happened to have blanks already and he would sell me those and apply the labels when they were ready. So he did it all for me. Ez Pz

Got my orange chips from @Apache and ordered $5k denom labels from @ABC Gifts and Awards. The final result is in the picture. I really like this $5k chip much better than the brown. @Gear never responded to my direct message and the website is under construction so I would recommend anyone else needing labels just reach out directly to @ABC Gifts and Awards, Gene was very quick to respond and I received my order within a few business days.

Attachments

• D3BD3011-AC10-4399-9C65-FD5B154E0D2E.jpeg
    D3BD3011-AC10-4399-9C65-FD5B154E0D2E.jpeg
    168 KB · Views: 581
Got my orange chips from @Apache and ordered $5k denom labels from @ABC Gifts and Awards. The final result is in the picture. I really like this $5k chip much better than the brown. @Gear never responded to my direct message and the website is under construction so I would recommend anyone else needing labels just reach out directly to @ABC Gifts and Awards, Gene was very quick to respond and I received my order within a few business days.
Looks good

How much are the ABC labels?

Cool thanks. Any discrepancies vs the originals?
Nothing that you’ll notice once you put them on. They are slightly thinner and maybe a mm or two smaller in diameter but once they’re on you won’t notice a difference. I actually did use an X-ACTO knife to remove the label from one of the old brown chips and put it on an orange just for comparison sake. After mixing a few chips up I had to look very closely to figure out which was which. They match well.

Thanks for posting all of this info about the labels and pictures. I also bough a set of Majestics, and came to the same decision you did when I was considering the Milanos. I don't like the brown 5000s either. I might end up getting plaques. but it's nice to see what you did with the orange chips.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom