Vendor Sale Made-to-order Custom Table Toppers (6 Viewers)

After having gone through 32 pages here it seems like the vast majority of toppers have been as inserts for Barrington tables in the like. For those that have used them on top of a dining table or some such how have they worked out? Is the thickness enough? Does it make more sense to measure a little under or a little over? Sewn edges for this type of use?
I use mine directly on a regular table and while they’re fairly thin compared to other toppers I’ve tried, they are just thick enough (imo)

Following up the dining table topper questions... Mines approx 96*37, the standard topper is 74.5*32.5.
  1. Do we prefer to keep the pot area the same width, extend the background fill? Or custom stretch the whole image?
  2. We must have to take the betting line design out to the length so it stays a decent distance from players at the head of the table?

I use mine directly on a regular table and while they’re fairly thin compared to other toppers I’ve tried, they are just thick enough (imo)

Just going to reiterate what I have said before. Even with thicker toppers, I have found that the being placed directly on top of a hard wood table, doesn't allow mats to deflect enough to get a comfortable shuffle on cards. Long before we were using these toppers, both myself and my brother were using mats bought on Amazon, and they were thicker.. but same issue. The perfect solution for us was simple. Go grab a large roll of cabinet liner at your local Walmart (maybe 5 bucks) and cut it to size, place it under the mat. It allows the top to flex and deflect enough to allow proper shuffles as well as adds a more gripping surface under the toppers to keep them from moving at all on top of a wood surface. This is the way

I have some DDLM chips and no design skills :) but also a feeling the area in front of the betting line should be clean, do you think something like this would work?
1676995731731.png

Reactions: Rex
Just going to reiterate what I have said before. Even with thicker toppers, I have found that the being placed directly on top of a hard wood table, doesn't allow mats to deflect enough to get a comfortable shuffle on cards. Long before we were using these toppers, both myself and my brother were using mats bought on Amazon, and they were thicker.. but same issue. The perfect solution for us was simple. Go grab a large roll of cabinet liner at your local Walmart (maybe 5 bucks) and cut it to size, place it under the mat. It allows the top to flex and deflect enough to allow proper shuffles as well as adds a more gripping surface under the toppers to keep them from moving at all on top of a wood surface. This is the way
You mean when squeezing (looking) at the cards?

You mean when squeezing (looking) at the cards?

Doing riffle shuffles, they can be hard to the cards pushed together (particularly at the very bottom of the deck) without leaving a few behind, as opposed to sitting atop of an already felted or padded table - there just inst enough deflection of the topper to allow your fingers to get under all the cards. And yes also sometimes when squeezing. Again, this isn't really to do with the thickness of the topper, as the thicker toppers have the same density and when trying to push into it on top of a hard unflexing surface, it can be a pain. The liner I'm taking about is maybe 1/16 or slightly thicker. But it's waffle pattern design and buffering between the mat and the table top allows it to function as if it is sitting on top of a padded poker table.

After having gone through 32 pages here it seems like the vast majority of toppers have been as inserts for Barrington tables in the like. For those that have used them on top of a dining table or some such how have they worked out? Is the thickness enough? Does it make more sense to measure a little under or a little over? Sewn edges for this type of use?

I use it straight on the table, replaces a neoprene top which was really sippery. Holds nicely. No sewn edges is the way to go- it lays better. Mine is slightly smaller than the table based on dimensions and tolerances, but it’s not a big deal. If you want it exact, then go slight over and cut off the difference- it looks easy. I’m putting mine to use for the first time this weekend- so I’m not sure about thickness or shuffle-ability as pointed out.
Following up the dining table topper questions... Mines approx 96*37, the standard topper is 74.5*32.5.
  1. Do we prefer to keep the pot area the same width, extend the background fill? Or custom stretch the whole image?
  2. We must have to take the betting line design out to the length so it stays a decent distance from players at the head of the table?
I expanded my topper to fill the table. I kept an oval shape, filling in the corners with a different color and adding a thin ribbon around the oval of the same color. Design choice.

I expanded the betting line a touch, I saw a number about a standard distance to the betting line and pushed it out closer to that and lengthened it for the folks on the end.

(Forgive the bad lighting and shadows in the middle.)
93D4D1E6-59A6-426C-B54C-A6DA9E26D191.jpeg

Is anyone up for doing a design for mine? Have the idea pretty well narrowed down, pm me if so

Aaron can you throw together a replacement for @Godzilla28 ’s table. This is what he currently has.

1677337765609.jpeg

1677337833457.jpeg

Herman, give me the actual dimensions so we can get this done. You can decide if you want a clone or something new altogether. Maybe a more modern color palette would be nice.

These are all sick! Just bought my first table and looking to get one of these!

Is Adobe Illustrator the only want to make a custom one? I downloaded the trail version and it's a bit overwhelming. Would I understand it if I poured 2 hours into learning it?

Is Adobe Illustrator the only want to make a custom one? I downloaded the trail version and it's a bit overwhelming. Would I understand it if I poured 2 hours into learning it?
Understand it, maybe? Make something you find artistically pleasing that you'd be happy with for a long time? Eh. These things need time to sit and stew

Mac or PC user?

Doing riffle shuffles, they can be hard to the cards pushed together (particularly at the very bottom of the deck) without leaving a few behind, as opposed to sitting atop of an already felted or padded table - there just inst enough deflection of the topper to allow your fingers to get under all the cards. And yes also sometimes when squeezing. Again, this isn't really to do with the thickness of the topper, as the thicker toppers have the same density and when trying to push into it on top of a hard unflexing surface, it can be a pain. The liner I'm taking about is maybe 1/16 or slightly thicker. But its waffle pattern design and buffering between the mat and the table top allows it to function as if it is sitting on top of a padded poker table.
Tried this out last night and agree. I had to scoop the cards to the table edge to get under. I threw it on my neoprene topper and didn’t have any issues, except having to tape down my super slippery neoprene topper- one of the two reasons I wanted to try this. Going to give it another try tonight in a game.

I ordered mine with sewn edges and it's about 1/8" short on both ends but can't really notice unless you're really looking for it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom