Vendor Sale Made-to-order Custom Table Toppers (14 Viewers)

Hey all, I've decided to try and design my topper myself so have been painstakingly trying to learn illustrator to achieve this. This is my latest draft and I'm really starting to like the way it's coming out but would love any feedback on it. I'll still need to hash out some details to ensure things are high enough res and if I need to vectorize the logo but just wanted to get some feedback from the community on the design. We have a backyard little oasis/bar with a tiki vibe and most of our games are outside so I figured I'd have it all match. My wife and I used mainly some ideas and AI to create the bar logo and we have a sign in the works as well to match. Next is chips lol.View attachment 1333647
This is awesome for someone who's just learning illustrator. How long did it take for you to get to this point?

Hey all, I've decided to try and design my topper myself so have been painstakingly trying to learn illustrator to achieve this. This is my latest draft and I'm really starting to like the way it's coming out but would love any feedback on it. I'll still need to hash out some details to ensure things are high enough res and if I need to vectorize the logo but just wanted to get some feedback from the community on the design. We have a backyard little oasis/bar with a tiki vibe and most of our games are outside so I figured I'd have it all match. My wife and I used mainly some ideas and AI to create the bar logo and we have a sign in the works as well to match. Next is chips lol.View attachment 1333647
Love it!
Suggestion: move the two tiki icons in the background, behind the main logo, out so you can see all 4 tiki icons clearly... or maybe have the tiki icons almost touch across the entire background (including behind the main logo), with no dead space at all...
Just a thought...

This is awesome for someone who's just learning illustrator. How long did it take for you to get to this point?
So to preface I have some limited Photoshop, LR, and Canva experience which helped a good amount. It probably took me 6-8 working hours to get to this point over a few days. That's without the logo. The logo was it's own beast. The hardest part for me was figuring out masks to keep certain images like the thatching within the template. Having said that some of the first drafts are absolutely horrendous so it's come a long way lol

Love it!
Suggestion: move the two tiki icons in the background, behind the main logo, out so you can see all 4 tiki icons clearly... or maybe have the tiki icons almost touch across the entire background (including behind the main logo), with no dead space at all...
Just a thought...
Here's a version mixing the feedback from you as well as @GrindstonePoker
86f8a49c-cdc0-456c-a7fe-9e613871d687-1_all_54649.png

So to preface I have some limited Photoshop, LR, and Canva experience which helped a good amount. It probably took me 6-8 working hours to get to this point over a few days. That's without the logo. The logo was it's own beast. The hardest part for me was figuring out masks to keep certain images like the thatching within the template. Having said that some of the first drafts are absolutely horrendous so it's come a long way lol

Here's a version mixing the feedback from you as well as @GrindstonePoker View attachment 1333746
Outstanding! Love how you pushed the main logo forward even more. Well done!!!

Does anyone have an Amazon or other link to a "large roll" of cabinet liner, 48 in wide? I recall finding such a link on this thread or another thread before, however I can't for the life of me find it now. I know I can make an underlayer out of multiple pieces, but it would just be nicer in one piece....

Edit / update: I found the link I remembered, but it was only to the 12" version. Guess I was imagining things that there was a 48" by several feet version. My dining table is a 42 x 66 oval and I'm ordering a custom topper for it.

These table toppers look so good. So impressed with the finished products. Having a tough time deciding which direction I want to go in!

Has anybody found a topper rail that these go particularly well with?

Design came out amazing. Big shoutout to the talented @aaron2786 for bringing it to life. Thank you! This order came quick, thanks to @rjdev7 for making it happen! Only downside is I think the sizing needed to be a touch wider. Maybe it will breathe itself out more, just unrolled it out of the box 5 mins ago. #PickleballPoker
1000036087.jpg
1000036094.jpg
1000036096.jpg
1000036092.jpg

Attachments

• 1000036089.jpg
    1000036089.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 26
Design came out amazing. Big shoutout to the talented @aaron2786 for bringing it to life. Thank you! This order came quick, thanks to @rjdev7 for making it happen! Only downside is I think the sizing needed to be a touch wider. Maybe it will breathe itself out more, just unrolled it out of the box 5 mins ago. #PickleballPoker
View attachment 1338785View attachment 1338788View attachment 1338789View attachment 1338787
Yeah they can come up a big big or small, there is a tolerance mentioned in the first post of the thread I think. But man I'm glad you like it, have many happy games

Hey guys I still exist!

Now where is @inapinch to post his pics?

I just got these in. I'm pretty happy with them. No glaring errors, although I'd recommend a couple changes for anyone ordering these designs from @rjdev7 if he offers them: reduce the Vegas logo sizes a bit and lighten the outside green (on Vegas topper) and burgundy (on Harold's Club topper) a smidge. The Vegas topper would also look great in blue, grey, and red.

1717631796567.png

1717631819670.png

Did I make a mistake in sending a second message and having my PM moved to the top of the list again?

Big shout out and thank you to @rjdev7 and his fantastic toppers. Was looking for one I could use on my patio table to complement my Tiki Mask wall. He tweaked his existing Tiki topper for me and it came out even better than I expected. Great work! Thanks again and I cannot wait to actually get it into play.

8ARM1bD.jpeg
IMG_6620.jpeg
okFFasd.jpeg
6oTmdoY.jpeg
l1Ovqqw.jpeg
qKcEZyh.jpeg
HNDiUE8.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6620.jpeg
    IMG_6620.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 29
For those of you who are going to use these on a normal table with Volara foam underneath like me, my storage solution was to buy this tripod bag off of Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0CR1BFF9W?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

They sell different lengths of bag depending on how wide your mat is. The mat and foam can be rolled up together or separately and are well protected. Also easy to transport if need be. I am also using an old headband just to gently keep the roll together.

IMG_6623.jpeg

IMG_6624.jpeg

For those of you who are going to use these on a normal table with Volara foam underneath like me, my storage solution was to buy this tripod bag off of Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0CR1BFF9W?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

They sell different lengths of bag depending on how wide your mat is. The mat and foam can be rolled up together or separately and are well protected. Also easy to transport if need be. I am also using an old headband just to gently keep the roll together.

View attachment 1342819
View attachment 1342820
Thanks. Can you list your source for the Volara foam please? Thx!

Have a unique request. Looking to add this to an outdoor table and roll up when not in use. Unique aspect is the need to for a middle umbrella hole. I can certainly self cut but worried about cleanliness of look. Umbrella needed to stay in table for overhead lights in umbrella for night game. Suggestions?

Have a unique request. Looking to add this to an outdoor table and roll up when not in use. Unique aspect is the need to for a middle umbrella hole. I can certainly self cut but worried about cleanliness of look. Umbrella needed to stay in table for overhead lights in umbrella for night game. Suggestions?
I would probably just make a stencil of the circle you need and use a hobby knife or razor blade around it

Yeah I feel like it would cut nicely with a sharp exacto knife. Should be able to lay on table and cut from underneath so it's more precise

Maybe just do a couple of relief cuts like they do w/ rail cupholder holes so you have a nice snug fit w/ umbrella in place and it looks nearly seamless.

I had a vision of this, while pitching cards, every once in a while… “Ding!”
Off the pole. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom