Tourney Mac Tournament clock for HORSE? (1 Viewer)

Chris Manzoni

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Looked high and low and can't seem to find a tournament clock for HORSE that works on a Mac. Anyone know of one?

You don't need a dedicated HORSE clock. Any Mac-compatible tournament clock that can display antes can be used for HORSE (or any limit game).

For the limit stud game levels (Razz, Stud, Stud8), just list the program's ante as your tournament's ante amount, the program's small-blind as your bring-in bet, and the program's big-blind as your completion bet (and small bet). Calculating the big bet on 5th street and later is easy, it's just 2x the small bet. The levels that use board cards (Hold'em, Omaha8) just use the program normally.

You don't need a dedicated HORSE clock. Any Mac-compatible tournament clock that can display antes can be used for HORSE (or any limit game).

For the limit stud game levels (Razz, Stud, Stud8), just list the program's ante as your tournament's ante amount, the program's small-blind as your bring-in bet, and the program's big-blind as your completion bet (and small bet). Calculating the big bet on 5th street and later is easy, it's just 2x the small bet. The levels that use board cards (Hold'em, Omaha8) just use the program normally.

Well, that is one way to do it. If you don't mind the bring in being half the complete amount. I'm a bit of a purist, and for me the bring in amount should be 1/4 the complete amount. Trying to punch in those numbers on most tournament clocks simply confuses the software and it tries to correct it, which is pretty frustrating. Also many clocks don't like it when you have some rounds with antes (Stud) and others without (board games). I would really like to use the correct tool for the job, it will also save me the hassle of having to tell everybody what game we are on over and over when they can just read the screen. I prefer all tables to be playing the same game at the same time. A horse tournament clock makes this possible.

Well, that is one way to do it. If you don't mind the bring in being half the complete amount.
Dunno what software you're using, but I have no such restriction on mine. I can plug in any numbers I desire for ante, sb, and bb amounts.... per level.

We multi-table, and everybody uses the same tournament clock. Not sure what your real issue is here, besides being a mac user.

I use blinds up, which is great but gets befuddled when the small blind isn't half the big. What software do you use?

I just downloaded this app yesterday for use on iPad and iPhone. So far it does almost everything I am looking for to run a tournament except tracking bounties as part of the buy-in.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/texas-holdem-poker-timer-pro/id1047302196?mt=8

Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 9.10.09 AM.png

To use it for horse, you can change the alert at the end of a level to announce the next game in the rotation via a text to speech function.

I tested it last night using airplay on the Apple TV and it looks great on the big screen.

I just downloaded this app yesterday for use on iPad and iPhone. So far it does almost everything I am looking for to run a tournament except tracking bounties as part of the buy-in.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/texas-holdem-poker-timer-pro/id1047302196?mt=8

View attachment 134271

To use it for horse, you can change the alert at the end of a level to announce the next game in the rotation via a text to speech function.

I tested it last night using airplay on the Apple TV and it looks great on the big screen.

This app is brilliant! Have used Blinds Up for a long time, and really appreciate it, it's very good. But this one is much better for horse. Thank U thank U thank U so much!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom