Lurker's Introduction (1 Viewer)

Italianjoe157

Two Pair
Reaction score
Morning all! Here to finally post my introduction.

Been lurking for sometime but realized being an active member will be a fun and well, most likely, an expensive endeavor :unsure:. Been playing poker since 2002 and have been an avid player since. Over the years I have made the standard progression from plastic bicycle chips -> suited poker chips -> dice chips -> super diamond chips -> pharaoh china clays (cash) -> Nexgen Pro (tournament) -----> to finally working on my FIRST paulson set of Jack Detroit.

Well...I think I'll fit right in! Cheers!

This wouldn't be a proper introduction without proof or P0rN so here ya go!

Attachments

• IMG-0205.jpg
    IMG-0205.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG-0206.jpg
    IMG-0206.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG-0207.jpg
    IMG-0207.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG-0208.jpg
    IMG-0208.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG-0209.jpg
    IMG-0209.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG-0211.jpg
    IMG-0211.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG-0212.jpg
    IMG-0212.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 110
Welcome @Italianjoe157 Seems you definitely have the itch like many of the rest of us! Serious question... when you get that set of paulsons to add to the collection do you think you will be satisfied or join the scrub donkeys... why have 1 ridiculously priced set when you can have 10 and have a nice rotation!! Lol enjoy your chipping journey!

Fellow Chipper Ben

Fellow Chipper Ben

My thought is Paulson is top tier and there are certain aspects of the chips that no other company can duplicate but rather attempt to replicate. Quality of materials, design, colors, etc. Also not a huge part but resell will be a softer land than trying to resell any of my previous sets.

I’ve been on the fence about a set of Alantic Clubs or CPC Rounder set. Rounders because of the movie but Atlantic clubs because they resembled Paulson in my eyes. Looking over the prices, I just decided to opt putting my resources into a Paulson set. There are always pros/cons of each set but I sided with the Jacks.

I however don’t think Paulson is the stoping point, just a pit stop in the journey. As I spend more time on this forum, I’m sure my taste and preferences will change, like many do.

Last edited:
My thought is Paulson is top tier and there are certain aspects of the chips that no other company can duplicate but rather attempt to replicate. Quality of materials, design, colors, etc. Also not a huge part but resell will be a softer land than trying to resell any of my previous sets.

I however don’t think Paulson is the stoping point, just a pit stop in the journey. As I spend more time on this forum, I’m sure my taste and preferences will change, like many do.
Top tier is debatable, many here will agree with you. Personally TRKs scrown molds are top of the ice berg for me, it has been debated many times and most chippers get to feel the light 8.5 to 9 gram non leaded TRKs that feel like plastic and say nope those are crap! But the real old school leaded chips there is really nothing better...

Second place for me are BCC MGK mold chips, not many made and pricey like the Grand Cardroom, Lady Lucks, club Kaneda. Very crisp and slightly denser clay composition than paulsons, awesome feel!

3rd place are RHC paulsons, yes most prefer THC but personally I like the feel of RHC better, way more susceptible to damage but as far as feel, thats my preference.

This hobby is amazing, a little something for everyone and its perfectly fine not to like whatever else thinks is the best!!

Welcome to the forum! Be careful what you consider 'top tier' lol there's some very expensive chips out there!! Pending what your tastes are Paulsons can be acquired for moderately reasonable prices. Great progress so far, hope you enjoy the forum and your chipping adventure

Hello good sir! Looks like you were in the shadows for quite some time, but it's good to see you've come to light!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom