Luckiest player in Daytona Beach (1 Viewer)

lazercat

Waiting List
Reaction score
I visited my parents in Florida last week and decided to splash around at the Kennel Club. My first session on Thursday night was more of a re-acclimation than anything. It was my first time back in a card room in over 10 years so my main goal was to just get comfortable with the flow and action, and specifically to avoid mistakes. I ended down ~ $140. No big/notable hands, just won a few average pots and lost a handful of pots where I either failed to connect a low-mid pocket pair or got called out on 2 streets of bluff and had to let it go.

Went back Saturday night and requested a table change about 90 minutes in. This is the first time I've been smart enough to identify a bad table and seek greener pastures, which I'm very happy about. I got down ~$200 before I finally started catching cards and connecting on the flop in multi-way pots. But that's not where my profit came from.

They run $599 high-hands every 20 minutes. At 8:50pm I got dealt :7d: :8d: in a late position and we were like 6-ways to the flop, which included :5d: :6d:. There's good action, and I turn the :9d: for the straight flush. What's extra wild about that is that the 8:20 - 8:40pm high-hand was won by a guy 4 seats down from me with the exact same hand (same hole cards and same runout to the 9). So 9pm comes around and my high hand holds up, and they start the paperwork.

At ~9:19, before we've finished the tax stuff for the 9pm payout, I get :9x: :9x:. Again, good multi-way action to the flop which is something like :9x: :kx: :jx:. Scary board for bottom set so after some bets I decide to get it all in, hoping that nobody's made their straight already. 1 caller, who did flop the straight. But before I even realize I'm behind the turn comes out with the case :9x:... During the hand they call "last hand" for the high-hand, and I'm able to sneak in there beating out the previously-set high hand of :6s: :6c: :6d: :6h:, taking the 9:20pm high hand as well.

I think I ended up like +$300 for the session itself, then an additional $1200 in the double high-hands. So now I have a bankroll again and am getting back into the game, all thanks to the horseshoe up my butt. I'm going to The Lodge a few times a week and am feeling pretty good about my profitability. Still making some very dumb mistakes but overall limiting my downside as I get used to playing again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom