Louisiana / Baton Rouge inspired set! (2 Viewers)

I think these are cool. The one thing that jumps out at me is that the inlay seems to really clash with the $5 chip. I understand and appreciate the tobasco inspiration for the chip so I can’t imagine how to fix it. But if you’re looking for feedback, that’s the one thing I’d mention.
Although actually the thing I feel most strongly about this set is the frac - I freaking love the frac very much. That’s a great looking chip.

The inlay is very much likely to change. Maybe I'll change inlay colors on specific chips, we'll see.

Alright, sent counts to CPC so that I can get this year's prices. Going with this as the final colors / edge spots design:
20221220_BonTempsJouer_ColorsAndEdgeSpots.png

Ordering 1200 chips to cover two tables. At these sizes I should be able to accommodate two tables of 10 playing stakes between $0.25 $0.50 up to $1 $3 assuming 100BB buy-ins and each person rebuying once. We currently only play $0.25 $0.50 and the last game saw hardly any rebuys so I think I'm pretty safe here. If we ever start playing $5 $10 or higher I look forward to buying more chips for my yacht where I'll host these games.

1671573678676.png

I know it seems like a lot of chips, but do you think you will regularly have two tables? Or are you preparing for growth? Lots of folks here will say you don't have enough $5s. Especially for $1/2 and up. As I plan for bigger games in my future, I'm trying to assemble sets with at least 300 $5s per table, and I know a lot of guys like 400-500. Certainly not absolutely necessary, as long as you have the bank behind them to bring in higher denoms. But something to think about. Even 50 more per table would be better if you plan on this being a forever set.

Also, are you playing a lot of $0.25/0.50 right now? How many players per table? What is your starting stack going to look like? If you're giving them 12 quarters, then you only have enough for the first 8 players.

You can add on down the road, but then you run the risk of clay colors not matching exactly. I would rather err on the side of too many of the workhorse chips, than possibly not enough.

I know it seems like a lot of chips, but do you think you will regularly have two tables? Or are you preparing for growth? Lots of folks here will say you don't have enough $5s. Especially for $1/2 and up. As I plan for bigger games in my future, I'm trying to assemble sets with at least 300 $5s per table, and I know a lot of guys like 400-500. Certainly not absolutely necessary, as long as you have the bank behind them to bring in higher denoms. But something to think about. Even 50 more per table would be better if you plan on this being a forever set.

Also, are you playing a lot of $0.25/0.50 right now? How many players per table? What is your starting stack going to look like? If you're giving them 12 quarters, then you only have enough for the first 8 players.

You can add on down the road, but then you run the risk of clay colors not matching exactly. I would rather err on the side of too many of the workhorse chips, than possibly not enough.
I don't know that we'll ever play higher than $0.25 $0.50 frankly, but was seeing what the numbers looked like. I also will either control the game so that we only have two tables or someone else will have to provide chips for other tables. This is the single largest purchase I've ever made for myself that wasn't a computer, or a car, or a house. If things work out and I add on more later I'll gladly live with slight color differences.

As far as frac counts I'm in the "you don't need more than 100 fracs" family of thought. I give out barrels of $0.25 and barrels of $1 until I run out, and then the latecomers get a bullet of $5 chips and make change at the table.

I don't know that we'll ever play higher than $0.25 $0.50 frankly, but was seeing what the numbers looked like. I also will either control the game so that we only have two tables or someone else will have to provide chips for other tables. This is the single largest purchase I've ever made for myself that wasn't a computer, or a car, or a house. If things work out and I add on more later I'll gladly live with slight color differences.

As far as frac counts I'm in the "you don't need more than 100 fracs" family of thought. I give out barrels of $0.25 and barrels of $1 until I run out, and then the latecomers get a bullet of $5 chips and make change at the table.
People on here are in love with having way too many 5s. Two racks is plenty for two tables. Need more bank, thats what higher denoms are for. I hold $1/$2 NLHE cash games all the time with just two racks of fives for two tables and we never have a problem. And you will get to see those beautiful $25s hit the felt as a bonus.

Last edited:
People on here are in love with having way too many 5s. Two racks is plenty for two tables. Need more bank, thats what higher denoms are for. I hold $1/$2 NLHE cash games all the time with just two racks of fives for two tables and we never have a problem. And you will get to see those beautiful $25s hit the felt as a bonus.
That's great to hear, and this set will have two racks per table!

I don't disagree, and yes, you can certainly handle the game with some higher denom chips. OP is fairly new here, so I just wanted to put forward an alternative viewpoint for him to think about. I'm planning a couple of forever sets myself, and having a hard time finishing one because I originally only planned for 1 rack of $5s, and I now realize that won't allow for any growth in my game.

Ok, new year and back to work! Created a calligraphic text for the theme. Will still aim to work with a designer to make sure I’ve got the rest of the art and colors good.

8ED9362C-D86A-4296-926E-8031F03681F6.png

Here’sa very rough version on the chip designer:
492CDDB7-14DA-468B-882A-1E95F7DAC6CB.png

I've been working with @TheOffalo and he's been kicking ass at getting the inlay designed for this set. We're really close to done I believe!
Feel free to provide feedback. Not sure that I'll be making many changes but I'll appreciate it regardless. Plan is to print these out over the weekend at a print shop to get a feel for the printed colors and make any final tweaks from there.

1677861302188.png

Here's an updated sample:
20230303_BTJ_25c.png

20230303_BTJ_1.png

20230303_BTJ_5.png

20230303_BTJ_20.png

20230303_BTJ_100.png

Those look awesome! Did you have an order in the current FDL run or are you going to have to wait until next year?

Only thing that jumps out just a little, and it’s really nitpicky, is there’s no continuation of the Mardi Gras beads or pips across the top of the T. I don’t know if that was intentional or not or whether it would look good or bad if you had a few more beads or pips kind of completing the strand across the top.

I've been working with @TheOffalo and he's been kicking ass at getting the inlay designed for this set. We're really close to done I believe!
Feel free to provide feedback. Not sure that I'll be making many changes but I'll appreciate it regardless. Plan is to print these out over the weekend at a print shop to get a feel for the printed colors and make any final tweaks from there.

View attachment 1091846

Here's an updated sample:
View attachment 1091838
View attachment 1091837
View attachment 1091839
View attachment 1091841
View attachment 1091842
This is amazeballs! As a member of Cajun Country myself, I 100% approve this design!

Only thing that jumps out just a little, and it’s really nitpicky, is there’s no continuation of the Mardi Gras beads or pips across the top of the T. I don’t know if that was intentional or not or whether it would look good or bad if you had a few more beads or pips kind of completing the strand across the top.
The beads were intended to only be “worn” by the “Jouer” but I like the idea. Obviously ultimately it’ll be whatever @svickn wants.

I’ll already be removing the smaller center FdL on the inlay, which was a late edition by me but deemed unnecessary (I agree).

The beads were intended to only be “worn” by the “Jouer” but I like the idea. Obviously ultimately it’ll be whatever @svickn wants.

I’ll already be removing the smaller center FdL on the inlay, which was a late edition by me but deemed unnecessary (I agree).
Oh man, I kind of liked that Easter egg in there

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom