LouBdub's Hot Rod Set (2 Viewers)

1661191291688.gif

@louBdub, what's the current goal for the set? breakdown-wise

For some denoms it looks like you're going full rat rod, for others it looks like you've got a big bulk of a single chip carrying a single denom (like that frac pick up). Are you going to try and sub these out with singles over time?

@louBdub, what's the current goal for the set? breakdown-wise

For some denoms it looks like you're going full rat rod, for others it looks like you've got a big bulk of a single chip carrying a single denom (like that frac pick up). Are you going to try and sub these out with singles over time?
Breakdown will be up in the air, as I can’t really dial that in just yet. It will evolve and grow.

The 50c is actually pretty mixed, there’s about 10 different chips involved.

The largest bundle I have is the $5, as that’s proven to be the difficult child to rod out.

Approach was to buy large chunks, and sub in over time. I think it worked, hopefully…

Last edited:
Breakdown will be up in the air, as I can’t really dial that in just yet. It will evolve and grow.

The 50c is actually pretty mixed, there’s about 10 different chips involved.

The largest bundle I have is the $5, as that’s proven difficult child to rod out.

Approach was to buy large chunks, and sub in over time. I think it worked haha, hopefully…
I think it's worked too! Will be cool to see flesh them out with more variety. You've set yourself a might task with HS and cali colors!

We've taken a different approach, I am trying to purchase as few duplicates from the beginning as possible

I think it's worked too! Will be cool to see flesh them out with more variety. You've set yourself a might task with HS and cali colors!

We've taken a different approach, I am trying to purchase as few duplicates from the beginning as possible
I don’t think I’d be able to live with myself if I couldn’t play the set right away. So I went heavy bulk from the jump. I don’t have the patience to single buy and wait for a playable rack, I’d go crazy haha.

But I do have time to buy small now, and add to it. Chip by chip, piece by piece.

This HotRod is gonna scream!

Are magic eraser sheets better than the bars?
Buy the Bulk Bars off of amazon. 50 of them for the price of 2 packs at the store. I can get a rack per bar.

I much prefer the bars then sheets. Sheets work great, but can't stand up. And I like cutting channels in the bars to do the rolling edge and both sides at once. Makes it simple.

My current frac lineup. Definitely not a single chip @FestiveKnight haha

What am I missing?????? There’s gotta be more. Help me find them!

Gotta catch’em all!!! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

(82) Riviera Tall Stamp
(50) Riviera Short & Fat stamp
(12) Longhorns
(5) Oasis
(5) Nevada Palace
(4) Freddies
(2) Sams Town KS
(2) Riverside Resort
(1) Aladdin Hotel

C1F82E55-1C0A-4141-AA32-F0BE29A78166.jpeg
994E401D-3E31-4A04-A87F-0A484B0FBFD1.jpeg
B9759497-4A86-4A8E-A871-08CCE3120348.jpeg
24402C20-4C5E-4582-8F1B-116EDF594FBB.jpeg
99B2D6CB-C3A6-4822-B863-8B395E4F7D82.jpeg

I no longer wanna be like @JeepologyOffroad when I grow up…

I wanna be like @Ben8257 & @HaRDHouSeiNC for FRACS!!!!! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
My current frac lineup. Definitely not a single chip @FestiveKnight haha

What am I missing?????? There’s gotta be more. Help me find them!

Gotta catch’em all!!! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

(82) Riviera Tall Stamp
(50) Riviera Short & Fat stamp
(12) Longhorns
(5) Oasis
(5) Nevada Palace
(4) Freddies
(2) Sams Town KS
(2) Riverside Resort
(1) Aladdin Hotel

View attachment 973133View attachment 973134View attachment 973135View attachment 973136View attachment 973137

I no longer wanna be like @JeepologyOffroad when I grow up…

I wanna be like @Ben8257 & @HaRDHouSeiNC for FRACS!!!!! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Check here

I may have missed it, but what condition chips are you looking for? Are you ok with chips with slightly rounded edges? (not bike tires, but may not stand on edge)
I’m happy entertaining all chips. I’ve turned some away, traded others & bought the rest. I’m not chasing mint, but some end up that way.

Condition to me all depends, I have a spherical chip rating setup :wtf:

what's the current goal for the set? breakdown-wise
I’m shooting for something right around this, because holy shit $5s are hard to find :LOL: :laugh:

Blinds: 50c / $1

200x 50c ($100)
200x $1 ($200)
140x $5 ($700) - will grow this as I find more
40x $25 ($1,000)
20x $100 ($2,000)

$4,000 Bank should cover my table just fine.

Last edited:
I’m shooting for something right around this:

Blinds: 50c / $1

200x 50c ($100)
200x $1 ($200)
140x $5 ($700)
40x $25 ($1,000)
20x $100 ($2,000)

$4,000 Bank should cover my table just fine.
Not sure how your game plays (how much do you expect buy ins to be?) and not nearly a breakdown expert but that feels heavy on 50c and light on $5s which are often the workhouse of .50/$1

Not sure how your game plays (how much do you expect buy ins to be?) and not nearly a breakdown expert but that feels heavy on 50c and light on $5s which are often the workhouse of .50/$1
Well, I’ve apparently taken a path that probably has the most difficult $5 on earth haha.

I’d love another bundle of yellow $5! Anyone? If anyone is willing? No? Yeah…. I know….. :confused

Since RatRod’s don’t have plans, figured I wouldn’t either. You just follow it and it shows me where to go. Changing and evolving along the way. If I planned it to a perfect number, it wouldn’t really be a RatRod, just a blueprint to follow.

I’m all in on letting it flow and grow my man haha.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom