Looking to elevate my home game (1 Viewer)

What is the amount of money people are typically bringing to the table?
Usually around $100 with several rebuy ins.
You can get custom ceramics from alibaba for around .30/chip for a small set. Not sure what shipping and import taxes would cost for your country from China.
Do you have a link? Currently looking at the EPT chips on aliexpress. Advertised as ceramics but sure how true it is.

Pharaoh Manufacturing out of Glendale, CA. Everything is custom built from their facility. Amazing quality.
I figured it out last night when I couldn’t sleep after some heavy stalking . They are absolutely amazing. My fiancé flipped when she saw them, and then flipped harder when she saw the price on their site. Now she things that she can “make something similar to the colors and patterns...” I don’t know how much I believe that, but if she does it, we will definitely post the build and pics!

Pharaoh Manufacturing out of Glendale, CA. Everything is custom built from their facility. Amazing quality.
NICE ROOM!

I have been searching and searching, and searching for some nice chairs and recall seeing these before.
Are they as comfortable as they look? Any issues with heat over long sessions as they are pleather vs leather?

Hi everyone, I'm from Malaysia and just recently got into poker chips. Been playing on and off with my 7 year old dice chips that were bought cheaply off our local version of Amazon.
Am looking to elevate my home games with my friends just to add a bit more class and feel. Does anyone have any recommendations for what I should be looking for? I've got my eyes on the EPT chips on Aliexpress as they're quite affordable and I can't afford to spend thousands of dollars on chips.

Games are usually 0.50/1 but sometimes we play 1/2 so I would prefer non denominated chips so we can alter the value as we go.

Also, would it be ridiculous to add plaques to our games considering the buy ins are usually only 100 BBs?
I run a .50/1 game that often plays like a 1/2 or a 2/5 game (depending on how much we are drinking). Just be sure you have enough $5s and $25s to account for the variance. I can run an 8 to 16 player game with the following:

.50 x 100
$1 x 200
$5 x 200 (300 if you think it players closer to 2/5)
$25 x 60 to 100
$100 x 10 to 20

Also, I LOVE playing with $20 and $100 plaques. It's different and the peeps tend to love the change of pace. If you like it...you do you my friend!!

20160130_102810.jpg

This may be sacrilegious on this forum but from what I’ve noticed from my home games, my guests and players have noticed far more how comfortable my table and chairs are than my CPC custom chips.

Before breaking the bank on chips,I would invest in a nice table and comfortable chairs.

View attachment 653306
Yeah...completely agree unfortunately!! I have spent $10s of thousands on chips, and all most of my peeps notice is that they aren't plastic. If I had that table and chairs...they would be in mother F'n HEAVEN!! Very nice!!

Leather and they are unbelievable comfortable. Well worth it.
Did you upgrade? Their description says leatherette. I sent an inquiry online.

These may be the seating solution I've been looking for. :tup:

Did you upgrade? Their description says leatherette. I sent an inquiry online.

These may be the seating solution I've been looking for. :tup:
I’m almost positive they are leather, but if they are leatherette, the material sure does feel extremely durable.

Hi everyone, I'm from Malaysia and just recently got into poker chips. Been playing on and off with my 7 year old dice chips that were bought cheaply off our local version of Amazon.
Am looking to elevate my home games with my friends just to add a bit more class and feel. Does anyone have any recommendations for what I should be looking for? I've got my eyes on the EPT chips on Aliexpress as they're quite affordable and I can't afford to spend thousands of dollars on chips.

Games are usually 0.50/1 but sometimes we play 1/2 so I would prefer non denominated chips so we can alter the value as we go.

Also, would it be ridiculous to add plaques to our games considering the buy ins are usually only 100 BBs?
Seriously, a real table should be priority number 1. Whether you built one or have one built for you, a nice sturdy table, big enough for your game with a padded playing surface and a comfortable padded rail is something that people will appreciate and remember.
Everything else is icing on the cake.

I run a .50/1 game that often plays like a 1/2 or a 2/5 game (depending on how much we are drinking). Just be sure you have enough $5s and $25s to account for the variance. I can run an 8 to 16 player game with the following:

.50 x 100
$1 x 200
$5 x 200 (300 if you think it players closer to 2/5)
$25 x 60 to 100
$100 x 10 to 20

Also, I LOVE playing with $20 and $100 plaques. It's different and the peeps tend to love the change of pace. If you like it...you do you my friend!!

View attachment 654151
This is great! Will keep this in mind thank you so much!

Seriously, a real table should be priority number 1. Whether you built one or have one built for you, a nice sturdy table, big enough for your game with a padded playing surface and a comfortable padded rail is something that people will appreciate and remember.
Everything else is icing on the cake.
Currently we're playing at my dining table and my house doesn't have space for a full sized poker table. Maybe a foldable one or a table top will do. Will look into it thanks!

Meaning if u want a cash game with an average $100 buy in, make denominator 10 and give someone $1000 in chips
There’s a guy who’s been pushing that idea on this site for years. It never seems very well received. Sure it works, but there’s a better way to do it. It’s not that I have a problem with the logic or the math, but its just an extra step that’s unnecessary. And I’m totally not the BUY MORE SETS kind of guy, I’m just a right tool for the right job kind of guy.

Security is always an issue. I only put a finite amount of chips in play using the bag system. Any rebuys over and above the bag are done with hi denomination 1k chips so I can tell how many rebuys there were just buy the number of 1ks in circulation. At the end of the night I inventory the chips and will know immediately if any chips are missing.
View attachment 653246
Have you seen the tube method? I much prefer it to the bag system.

@speshy - where in Malaysia are you located? I've traveled a bunch throughout Peninsular Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur, Penang, P. Lankawi, P. Tioman, Kota Bharu, Malacca etc.).

This was years (decades) back, but I remember sitting in a cafe in KL reading in Lonely Planet about a scam where Ferangi (foreign tourists) would be invited to a local's home and then convinced to get involved in a crooked card game. The tourist was supposed to be helping the homeowner cheat someone else, but they would end up being scammed and on the hook for as much cash as they had.

5 minutes later a friendly young woman sits down beside me and strikes up a conversation. 10 minutes later her partner arrives, and sure enough I am invited to their home. Once we get there the hard sell is on to get me involved in the crooked game (blackjack/21). 30 minutes of me telling them that I don't want to cheat someone, because I would feel bad if someone tried to cheat me, and they kicked me out of the house. I had to find a bus back into downtown, but I did have an adventure to write down in my travel journal!

LOL - please tell me that your game isn't like that!

@speshy - where in Malaysia are you located? I've traveled a bunch throughout Peninsular Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur, Penang, P. Lankawi, P. Tioman, Kota Bharu, Malacca etc.).

This was years (decades) back, but I remember sitting in a cafe in KL reading in Lonely Planet about a scam where Ferangi (foreign tourists) would be invited to a local's home and then convinced to get involved in a crooked card game. The tourist was supposed to be helping the homeowner cheat someone else, but they would end up being scammed and on the hook for as much cash as they had.

5 minutes later a friendly young woman sits down beside me and strikes up a conversation. 10 minutes later her partner arrives, and sure enough I am invited to their home. Once we get there the hard sell is on to get me involved in the crooked game (blackjack/21). 30 minutes of me telling them that I don't want to cheat someone, because I would feel bad if someone tried to cheat me, and they kicked me out of the house. I had to find a bus back into downtown, but I did have an adventure to write down in my travel journal!

I've been in some shady places in Korea, Hong Kong, and Mexico, but this is an AWESOME story!! :tup:

Wow thats crazy! Hahaha I'm based in Kuala Lumpur. Haven't heard of such crazy stories around here. I'm playing with my trusted friends so no crooked games around me! haha

I see no one answered your question. I remember seeing a post about this once, but now I can't find it. But, I did go to Amazon and save the "tubes" that post was referring to. Here's a link:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TXNYFH...olid=1O2VS2N1R7OVZ&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Apparently these are about the right size to store a buy-in stack of chips. Wish I could find that old post... :unsure:

Link:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/starting-stack-tubes.30811/

This may be sacrilegious on this forum but from what I’ve noticed from my home games, my guests and players have noticed far more how comfortable my table and chairs are than my CPC custom chips.

Before breaking the bank on chips,I would invest in a nice table and comfortable chairs.

View attachment 653306
This is rock solid (no pun intended) and a beautiful set up. Nice work @TomC727

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom