Tourney Looking for alternating tourney games (1 Viewer)

I've ran Pineapple, Tahoe and Super-Hold'em tournaments in the past, along with several different combo tournaments that changed games at either each blind level increase or every hour (3 or 4 blind levels each game).
Failed to mention our 2-3-4 Tourney, which featured alternating levels of Pot-Limit Hold'em, Super-Hold'em, and Omaha. It was a pretty popular format.

• Super-Hold'em (keep all three, can play 0, 1, 2, or all 3
Question for those who have played super hold'em more than I: the only super hold'em rules that I've found online say that you have to play at least 1 of your hole cards but it sounds like that is not always the case. If your group plays, do you prefer playing that you have to use a hole card, or are you allowed to play the board?

My group has been playing PL Courchevel (8max) and PL/NL Ludicrous Pineapple tournaments for a while now, the latter creates some tough spots for sure.

Question for those who have played super hold'em more than I: the only super hold'em rules that I've found online say that you have to play at least 1 of your hole cards but it sounds like that is not always the case. If your group plays, do you prefer playing that you have to use a hole card, or are you allowed to play the board?
When people get to use 3 cards, and can use any of them, there is a nearly zero chance that you will win or even split a pot if you are playing the board. For super 3, we start with bigger starting stacks because players need to adjust that every hand get much better. Even then, we just a lot of early busy outs.

When people get to use 3 cards, and can use any of them, there is a nearly zero chance that you will win or even split a pot if you are playing the board. For super 3, we start with bigger starting stacks because players need to adjust that every hand get much better. Even then, we just a lot of early busy outs.
Good point, so I guess it probably doesn't matter much. I'll go with the must use 1 card rule just because that's the only one I've found on a poker website so it's nice to have something external to point to.

Yes, your current live bounty chips should always be out in front of your chip stack. In my example if you knock the first person out of the tournament, you pocket $10 (that’s instant winnings). Then you place the other two $5 chips on top of your starting 4, making your own bounty now $30 (six chips).

if later you knock someone out with a $65 bounty, you pocket (cash) $35 and add the other $30 to your own bounty, now raising it to $60.
I'm a bit late on this one, but if you want avoiding cheating on bounties (and you should), you need 2 type of bounties :

- the ones described previously (type A) and that are within your stack. Those bounties will NOT be exchanged for money.
- other bounties (type B) (or a paper writen by the TD) that you CAN exchange for money.

When you KO a player,
- half of Type A goes in your stack.
- The other half is exchanged by TB for type B bounties that you can poket and later exchange for money. If you use a paper, this is the paper (updates and signed by TD) you will exchange for money.

This way nobody will be able to cheat his bounties (type A) because they will never be exchangeable for money.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom