Cancelled Looking for $0.05 Fracs (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Page

Pair
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Looking to start a low stakes cash set, and I’m looking for a rack of nickels. I don’t have anything specific in mind at this time, so any advice would also be appreciated! Thanks!

Quite a few Mountain top sets with nickels out there. Could post a wanted add
Also look for some cards mold chips. Some of those have nickels as well.

Yeah still need info on like type of chip, ceramic, clay, plastic... CPC, THC, RHC. Your budget and desires determine everything.

My favorite nickel is the artichoke joes hotstamp THC. They are pretty pricey though, $4+ per chip

CEF7AF18-0554-4F73-B017-695082781152.jpeg

Yeah still need info on like type of chip, ceramic, clay, plastic... CPC, THC, RHC. Your budget and desires determine everything.

My favorite nickel is the artichoke joes hotstamp THC. They are pretty pricey though, $4+ per chip
Okay, I’m pretty new to this so it sounds like I need to do a lot more research . I haven’t really decided too much on which style of chip, I think I’d prefer a clay but I’m not really too sure what everything costs so I was hoping to have some discussions with people that had chips for sale.

Majestics and Pharaohs (China clays) from @Apache have stock nickles. The cards mold ceramics from China that everyone is buying recently are nice, and have some great designs.

Hey bud, I am doing the exact same thing right now. I did a china clay cash set when I first joined last year, with custom DIY labels. And now I'm doing a Paulson set. I've been watching the classifieds for a while now, and the chips in the link below popped up last week. Just got them yesterday and they are really cool. I'm trying to do a mostly THC set for as cheaply as possible, so if you want to talk or compare notes, hit me up. You just need to be patient and keep an eye on the for sale posts.

Another option instead of chips labeled as nickels is a non-denominated chip. That was what I was going to do before I found the chips in the link. I'll show you what I bought first and you might be interested in them.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...ered-hs-cincinnati-buy-in-36mm-paulson.74400/

Thanks everyone for the different options and advice I appreciate it!

Hey!

If you are interested, I would be willing to sell you my set of Dunes china clay chips. I had purchased these chips many years ago when I first had joined these forums (thread here: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/dunes-clay-poker-chip-pre-sale.12592/ ). I purchased these with the intention of contacting Gear and seeing how I could go about getting labels to convert the $100 chip into a $0.05 chip. Life happened so I was away from the forums for years and never contacted Gear until about a few days ago. I haven't gotten a response from him as of this post and I'm sure he is busy, but if he does respond, I can maybe refer him to you if you're interested in that? After coming back to the forums, I've decided to go ahead and grab myself a set of Key West chips (the set I've wanted the most since first joining) and they would be replacing this Dunes set. These chips have (unfortunately) not seen the table yet (and still have that china clay smell), although that might change next Saturday (6/12) should the Key West chips not arrive on time. After that they'd only have seen the table once. Other than that, I've only recently oiled them (the edges only) and they are in great condition, with the exception of some scratch marks on the edges (seen in the second pic attached). If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

As for advice, I'll pass on to you what I was told when I first joined.... Samples, Samples, Samples. Do not hesitate to get samples if you are able to! Welcome to the forums!

Attachments

• duneschinaclay.jpg
    duneschinaclay.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 51
  • duneschinaclay2.jpg
    duneschinaclay2.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 52
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom