London Bridge is Down (2 Viewers)

Truly a strange day for us from Commonwealth countries. Elizabeth has been on some of our currency for over 60 years. It was just one of those constants in life that you don't think will ever come to an end.

Truly a strange day for us from Commonwealth countries. Elizabeth has been on some of our currency for over 60 years. It was just one of those constants in life that you don't think will ever come to an end.
I didn’t even think about the currency. What happens now? Slowly transition to the new king?

I didn’t even think about the currency. What happens now? Slowly transition to the new king?

I imagine that our Governor General will be in talks with the Crown, Prime Minister, and the Bank of Canada to figure out how new currency will be minted with King Charles on it. It's one of things that isn't unprecedented, but feels like it is all the same.

I'm looking for the gematria thread that predicted it would be today but can't seem to find it??

Seriously though, thoughts to her family, friends, and all those around the word if this is a blow to you. I hate when people say "but they had a great life" when other people are grieving, but in this case I can understand it. Living into your mid 90s and living 70+ years of those as a queen, that's one hell of a life.

Is he definitely taking the name Charles? I had $5 at 20-1 that he’d be the first King Jeremiah I of England.
I think I remember reading he may be a George. Something about not wanting to be a King Charles due to British history.

Is he definitely taking the name Charles? I had $5 at 20-1 that he’d be the first King Jeremiah I of England.

His name is Charles Philip Arthur George so he can use any of them. Probably not Charles because of the negative connotations, so George is the most likely. But obviously King Arthur would be the funnest.

Why change it? I'd leave it. Let it be a tribute to the longest reigning monarch of the Commonwealth
That's just how it works. Whoever the monarch of the day is gets their face on the currency. Business as usual.

Edit: I should add, all the old coins/currency with her face on it stay in circulation.

That's just how it works. Whoever the monarch of the day is gets their face on the currency. Business as usual.

Edit: I should add, all the old coins/currency with her face on it stay in circulation.
Shame that do too. Now that would be would be a serious TCR sale!

Only the $20 has the Queen's image. As well as some coins.

The Canadian Mint announced the coins with the Queen will circulate indefinitely. Apparently there are still some nickels in circulation of her father. The $20 will continue as well until directed by the government to change it to the new King. Our bills are polymer so they last for several years.

He's Charles III.

The recent only ones who changed their names were Alberts who decided to be King Edward or George out of deference to Queen Victoria's wishes that there would never be a King Albert. Victoria herself was Alexandrina Victoria but decided to be Victoria. It's basically all her fault.

He's Charles III.

The recent only ones who changed their names were Alberts who decided to be King Edward or George out of deference to Queen Victoria's wishes that there would never be a King Albert. Victoria herself was Alexandrina Victoria but decided to be Victoria. It's basically all her fault.

oh, he already chose huh? boooooring.

Boy did this comment not age well (Erm, didn’t start well?)
you may have missed something.....

Screenshot_20220909-075225_Chrome.jpg

His name is Charles Philip Arthur George so he can use any of them. Probably not Charles because of the negative connotations, so George is the most likely. But obviously King Arthur would be the funnest.
Should just go with initials, like a rapper: King C-PAG

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom