Lights for game room (1 Viewer)

brains613

Flush
Reaction score
Help me light my room, please!

So, I had some puck lights, plus a hanging fixture. Those were fine... But those were literally ugly, and had cords hanging around them, and I'm hoping to have something a bit nicer this time around.

For this, I have a budget of maybe $250. Stipulations:

- It's has to be LED's, as the room gets hot already.

- The ceiling has PLENTY of space and capacity for hanging, or tracks;

- If it's a pre-made fixture, I don't mind that, but I have to be able to add a plug to it. (there's no existing fixture, and I don't intend to add one.)

- I'm willing to do a bit of DIY, within reason. I was sort of considering buying a flat LED fixture and building a sort of box around it to make it look nice and poker-y. (But I'm terrible at cutting wood, and I would need a complete guide, at a MINIMUM.)

- I like those fixtures that you would have found in a Pizza Hut in the mid 80's, so if there's a market out there for people selling those , but refurbished with LEDs, point me in that direction.

If not, that's cool. Just help me build or buy a light fixture I can use to make my room look nice.

Did you ever consider searching for pool table lights? Amazon has tons

31NaB5G-hML._AC_SY1000_.jpg

If you have a dedicated play area, then one or two good hanging fixtures will do. Make sure there's no glare from sitting position.

If not, then potlights potlights potlights. Dimmable and temperature selectable.

If you need to spot the walls as well, then dimmable tracks as well.

I really like the idea of the billiard table lights, but I wanted a custom look for my table.
Imagination is the only thing that you really need. I had a light fixture and centered my table to it. I purchased pendant SS rods, then made my own light out of a plastic flower planter, had a poster made with the design I wanted on the outside of the planter, lighted ads on top, and added 4 mini LED clocks so the time (10:54) would be front and center to whereever one is sitting, and added LED potligt on the underside of the clock. I also installed LED pot lights, one above each end of the table, so it ligts up the entire table. The lights are on a dimmer, so the lights can be fine tuned. I also have strip FCOB led's, behind a suits defuser on the underside of the raised rail, also on a dimmer.
My poker table cloth was an ice surface, so the planter looks like an NHL time clock with the designs on it. I have since replace the ice surface with another cloth, made a new center light, and retained the ceiling pot ligts as well.
Here are pics of the NHL time clock(planter) and the poker table with the ice urface.

Attachments

• Poker table 1.jpg
    Poker table 1.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 57
  • poker clock.jpg
    poker clock.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
I had the pendent lights installed initially and replaced them within a month. Dark spots in the middle of the table.

Replaced it with the 4 bulb billiard style light. Bright as hell and classy looking.
5D876A9E-309E-4A09-98AA-DE5E4611432F.jpeg
A424EEAF-5C0C-4C4D-86E3-240368C053F4.jpeg

For functionality I agree with the billiard style light. We did a combo of flush mount LEDs in the ceiling and this leathery strappy gold fixture that matches the chair. Personally, I love the thing, but it won't match every room as well..

20190226_171421-jpg.253098

I have this monstrosity directly over the center of my table.

Gkh1A0k.png

ZZnWAGt.png

Took it all apart a month ago to give it a good clean in prep for starting my home games in a few weeks. Took hours but is now sparkly.

At full power it's too bright but dimmed a bit, and with LEDs in my raised rail, I can get it just right.

edit: so get something easy to clean. Pool table lights would be perfect if you can do those - they look great in the pics posted.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom