Lightning Strikes (4 Viewers)

The Penguins completely outplayed the Lightning last night, outshooting the Bolts 48-28 :eek: Pens lead the series 2-1 :( The Lightning better start shooting the puck or this will be over soon.

Screen Shot 2016-05-19 at 7.54.48 PM.png

Game day :unsure: hopefully the Lightning can find their game :) we need the triplets to have a solid game

Screen Shot 2016-05-20 at 3.53.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-20 at 3.52.56 PM.png

Lightning even the ECF series 2-2 :D Who would have figured the more you shoot the puck the more you score :confused:

The wrap-around goal to tie it 3-3 was amazing (and amazingly fast)!

The Lightning just kept surging and Kucherov has amazing skills. I was getting pretty nervous especially after Callahan's shot ricocheted off both posts and somehow did not go in :eek:

Game day :D time to finish off the Pens - hopefully a few less blatant penalties :mad:

Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 2.47.39 PM.png

Let's Go Bolts !!

Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 9.25.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-23 at 8.14.27 AM.png

This is a sick game Doc. I know you have to be losing your mind right now. One more to tie it up after being stuck 3-0. Nuts.

Definitely disappointed we didn't start playing until the 3rd period :sick: but I always assumed the series would go the full 7 games.

Screen Shot 2016-05-25 at 4.47.07 PM.png

That was the classic example of the score showing nothing of what happened in the game.

Game day :cool: The Lightning are 5-1 in game 7 on the road :) The Penguins are 2-7 in game 7 at home :cautious: Time for Vasilevskiy to steal a game and the Lightning to bury their scoring chances

Screen Shot 2016-05-26 at 9.13.59 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-26 at 9.15.13 AM.png

Go Bolts !!

Breaking news - Steven Stamkos is skating in the pregame warmups and may play tonight :) If he plays I hope he actually helps and is not a distraction :cool: GO BOLTS !!

Screen Shot 2016-05-26 at 6.49.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-26 at 6.50.45 PM.png

That was a disappointing, but not unexpected, end to the Lightning's season. I am honestly surprised we made it as far as we did with the injuries to key players that we sustained. The Penguins simply outplayed us last night and for the majority of the series. Even so, we still had a chance to tie the game but could not overcome the Pen's relentless forecheck. The Penguins were the hungrier team and deserved to win.

It was nice to see Stamkos back and it would have been an awesome story if he could have scored the game winning goal. I hope that was not his final game as a Bolt.

Bishop once again went down with an injury in the playoffs - that makes three years in a row he was unavailable when we needed him most. I have to think that won't go unnoticed by Steve Yzerman and expect Bishop to be traded in the off season.

We still have a strong nucleus of young players and several key role players that should make us Stanley Cup contenders for at least the next few years.

We still have a strong nucleus of young players and several key role players that should make us Stanley Cup contenders for at least the next few years.

Drouin RFA after next year could be difficult negotiations after this years ordeal. I think he proved his value to the team. Not sure what was going on behind the scenes but from an outside perspective it didn't look good for either party.

I am having a hard time understanding that trade - Subban for Weber. Might end up being a positive for both teams.

It's left me confused. I see it as a negative for both teams - at least for the Preds, as we have been building our entire team around Weber. Now, he's gone and in his place we get a player that is essentially an equal.

And that's why I don't think the Canadiens benefit at all from the trade either, which means there's a secondary reason for the trade. Is Subban a locker room problem child? Is Subban's contract heavily loaded on the back end (Weber got the lion's share of his pay up front)?

My theory is the trade for Subban just to try to get fans in the seats. Subban is a dynamic and energetic player, that pulls fans into the game. The Preds were cutting ticket prices to fill seats, even though this was the first year Nashville advanced beyond the first round of the playoffs. This means the Preds side of the trade wasn't for hockey, but for business.

What's Montreal's angle?

Hope your Lightning are expected to be better than my Rangers this year. Opening night for us tonight as well. Good luck!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom