Giveaway Liftapint's 10k posts, TRK giveaway (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In! Thanks for the giveaway and cool qualifiers!
1: Make time to live life, work will always be there
2: Rhode Island

Attachments

• 20180603_051620.jpg
    20180603_051620.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 89
in! very good idea this thread will be very interesting to read

Best advice: If you can do something now in a few minutes, do it now. (remedy against procrastination and ever growing to do lists)

Thank you and congratulations!

A little anecdote reminds me, at my very beginning on PCF (that is to say yesterday...lol), @liftapint was one of the first members that my friends advised me to ask in confidence if I needed any help.
It seems that a lot of copag cards (among other stuff) arrived in France thanks to you :)

In fact, that was probably the best advice I get :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

In.

1. “Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance. ” ― Dave Barry
2. "Turns out it's not where but who you're with that really matters." ― Dave Matthews

Not in, but congrats regardless. Glad to have actually met you, not just “met”. Thanks for all the chats and deals over the years.

Best place overall was France. History, art, food, architecture...amazing.

Best place domestically was NYC for similar reasons as above. Not as much history, but you could sub in Broadway, baseball, or both.

IN

Best advice I've received .. tough one. I've been given a ton of great advice over the years.
at the workplace - never take anything work related personally. Its all business. Leave your work at work and don't think about it when you don't need to.
at the poker table - slow down and think. So many times we rush into decisions without thinking them through. If you slow down, sometimes things make more sense.
at home - well, I'm not as good here, but its all about balance. People say Happy Wife, Happy Life, but that tends to really make a relationship one sided. Make sure everything has balance, and you'll be fine. ... or as my dad told me right before our wedding .. the answer to everything is "Yes Dear !!"

In

Best advice was from my father. No one wants to hear about your problems, even if they ask. Be uplifting, positive and cheerful even if you don't really feel that way.

Favorite vacation spot. Bellows Beach Oahu Hawaii. This is a military "hotel", not open to the general public. Sure the rooms are WWII vintage cinderblock but the beach and water are the cleanest I have ever seen. Better make your reservations months in advance, these fill up fast.

Thanks & grats -=- DrStrange

In!

Thanks Mel and congrats on 10k posts! Whoa!

1) Poker advice: Hopefully I'm not mangling it too bad, but here goes: If you're going to call a bet, you might as well raise.
Life advice: You can't save your ass and your face at the same time.
2) Favorite places: Rivers (too hard to pick just one)

As @Ben8257 pointed out, I recently hit the 10,000 posts mark. And as @gopherblue pointed out, most of these have been posts about my dogs (or bumps in my wanted ads).

But to celebrate my recent Royal Flush status (i.e. many years of blabbering about nothing), I would like to do a giveaway.

Of COURSE, this give-away has to be TRK-related! This give includes 10 TRK singles, one chip for every 1,000 posts, with a couple of dealer buttons and cut cards thrown in. What you see is what you get (plus maybe a few other things I'll throw in the box too, who knows).

Rules:

Giveaway is available to everyone, international too, and I'll cover shipping obviously (it's a giveaway!).

All you have to do is respond in this thread that you're "In", and answer one of the following questions (or both).

1) What is the best advice you've ever been given (can be poker related, but even better if it's not)?

2) Where is your favorite place that you've ever traveled, and why? (can be in the US, or not)?

This giveaway will end at 6pm Pacific on Sunday June 6th. A winner will be drawn at random, using an online randomizer of some sort --what do people use for this type of thing, so I don't have to go the @Ben8257 names in a hat method, although I loved that :) I have visitors this weekend, so it might take me a hot minute to get the drawing done, but I don't want to drag this out forever, thus, the deadline.

Thanks to PCF for providing me a place to blab about nothing on a daily basis, for 8 years and counting. I've "met" so many great people, and developed an incurable addiction to little clay (and occasionally plastic) discs.

Just added: Runner-up prize, "got poker chips" decal sticker. Thanks @FordPickup92!

View attachment 710431
In.

1) What is the best advice you've ever been given (can be poker related, but even better if it's not)?

If you value your bank balance and savings, steer well clear of the TRK rabbit hole.

2) Where is your favorite place that you've ever traveled, and why? (can be in the US, or not)?

Vancouver. Of all the cities I've been to, it has the best combination of urban life, nature and food — by far.

Thanks for this, Mel!

IN

1) If you want to go fast go alone. If you want to go far, go together. -Ethiopian runner's proverb

I like @Klobberer 's advise better, though.

2) Yellowstone after Labor Day Picture is of MY Mel and I there in early October

Attachments

• yellowstone.jpg
    yellowstone.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 97
Congrats Mel, you’ve definitely earned it. Very generous. Some very cool goodies in the giveaway.

Great submissions already. Saving a bunch of the good quotes as well as places that have been mentioned. Good to have some extra resources/references when planning the next trip

I’m in.

1) My father always told me to treat everybody equally and exactly how you want to be treated. Show people you genuinely care for their best interest, and it’ll always come back around even when you think it doesn’t. I live by that, daily.

2) My homeland, Palestine. Haven’t been in about 8 years but I loved visiting especially when my grandparents who lived there were still alive. Place is full of culture and history. I’ve been to several places internationally but that one sticks out like a sore thumb not only because of what it is, but due to my family roots and personal ties to it.

Good luck to all the entrants.

In!
Favorite place visited so far was New Mexico to see some distant family that I’ve only had the chance to see a few times. It’s fun hearing old family stories and history. Thanks for doing this!

IN! Thank you for doing this, @liftapint, and congrats on 10,000! I have a ways to go to catch up! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

My grandmother's favorite phrase when I was a kid was, "Every little bit helps, the old lady said as she peed into the ocean." What exactly does that mean? I think it goes hand-in-hand with an order my grandmother always barked out: "Don't just stand there, do something!"

I probably need to lean on that a little bit more these days. It's also great poker advice -- when in doubt, bet! :)

IN!!!

"Treat others as you would like to be treated."

Great Barrier Reef in Australia is up there. I have never seen water so clear that I could see 30 feet down to the bottom of the ocean. Everything was in HD! Fun fact,... after snorkelling - one of the others who was scuba diving said "wow did you see that shark down there?" … and then I pissed my wetsuit.

In

And hard to pick between Mayrhofen - Austria or South Lake Tahoe (so i wont pick :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:) Made some friends for life on both trips and both places provided me plenty of snow :D

In

Best advice. Several quotes that have stuck with me

“Often times the person you need to forgive is yourself”

“The most wasted days are those on which you have not laughed”

“If God gives you more than you need, build a bigger table not a taller fence”

Best places I’ve visited:
Thailand- went there for missions in 99 for 2 months. It’s beautiful: the people, the food, the culture, the currency exchange rate Lol.

Ecuador- been to Catamayo and Loja for a few weeks several times now. I would like to retire there now. At least once a week I tried to convince my wife to sell the house and buy 50+ acres there and just chill. She says no but I think it’s only because she hasn’t visited.

My Ecuadorian family

C938A144-9C99-45AF-A432-A1B21796F38F.jpeg

Last edited:
In please.

Best advice (applies primarily to tests but can be applied universally):

If you find yourself becoming extremely anxious/nervous (during an exam), drop your pencil and take 30 seconds to take several deep breathes to relax. The 30 seconds “wasted” is well worth it.

I try to apply this elsewhere, telling my kids to do the same whenever they become very upset for whatever reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom