Life is Grand! (8 Viewers)

Its a beautiful color but I dont think the condition will match up with most. Only maybe would be the pri 25s, but even those I think will be better condition.
So is everybody assuming that all the primaries, except maybe for the $25s, are vg-nm?

I wouldn’t get high hopes of the lower denoms being NM. He already said there was mint chips at the top of some barrels, but won’t be separating them from the used chips. Even being open for only a few years, it doesn’t take very much for flea bites to show up on RHC’s.

Some will get lucky and get some minty primaries though (hope it’s me). I see a lot of cherry picking coming up, with the less than perfect chips popping up in the classifieds.

This is the last update on my package
May 11, 2022, 3:53 pm
Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
LOS ANGELES, CA 90009
Your shipment was received at 3:53 pm on May 11, 2022 in LOS ANGELES, CA 90009. The acceptance of your package is pending.
I think the base on the HSI was day green and this one is just green.
My sample set is still in LA but when it arrives I will be comparing with the primary HSI's that I have and can take pics.

Also I'll try running the set through my ultrasonic if dirty at all to see what results there.

This is the last update on my package
May 11, 2022, 3:53 pm
Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
LOS ANGELES, CA 90009
Your shipment was received at 3:53 pm on May 11, 2022 in LOS ANGELES, CA 90009. The acceptance of your package is pending.

My sample set is still in LA but when it arrives I will be comparing with the primary HSI's that I have and can take pics.

Also I'll try running the set through my ultrasonic if dirty at all to see what results there.
I was just about to pm @TheChipRoom as the USPS to Canada used to be lightening fast and something has changed (looked like a partner is involved).

My status matches yours exactly whereas two other locals went onto the next step (CanadaPost -> Richmond -> Burnaby -> Delivery) and received their packages yesterday/today.

In my experience the only way to get a USPS package to move is to submit a ticket to USPS with the tracking number and then the package moved right away.

I was just about to pm @TheChipRoom as the USPS to Canada used to be lightening fast and something has changed (looked like a partner is involved).

My status matches yours exactly whereas two other locals went onto the next step (CanadaPost -> Richmond -> Burnaby -> Delivery) and received their packages yesterday/today.

In my experience the only way to get a USPS package to move is to submit a ticket to USPS with the tracking number and then the package moved right away.
I recieved dealer buttons from Himwad a few months ago from a group buy in 4 days total....it was magic.

I am wondering perhaps our chips are at the side of the railway tracks in those piles of cardboard we have seen online..... hoping they are just in the bin waiting.

I recieved dealer buttons from Himwad a few months ago from a group buy in 4 days total....it was magic.

I am wondering perhaps our chips are at the side of the railway tracks in those piles of cardboard we have seen online..... hoping they are just in the bin waiting.

I got a guy. A Canadian mountie who keeps the customs guys in check.

1652810878001.png

Out of place comment but I can't find the colors for these chips. I also need the colors for the Jack Detroit chips! If anyone can assist, please PM me!!!

Out of place comment but I can't find the colors for these chips. I also need the colors for the Jack Detroit chips! If anyone can assist, please PM me!!!
Jim posted the colors. I think on page 2 or 3. Someone else reposted later in the thread. They're here. Go to post 1, click on Jim's name and look as his posts. He hasn't posted much since.

Here's some images of racked chips. I must say these primary chips are in great shape. I personally have racked the chips. When I reach in the barrels, they feel more like new chips than any other used chips I have felt. Most of the $1s are new. Many of the $5s are new. Less on the $25s. But all have sharp edges. I have only seen a couple of flea bites.

Attachments

• 20220517_121328.jpg
    20220517_121328.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 416
  • 20220517_121348.jpg
    20220517_121348.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 407
  • 20220517_121405.jpg
    20220517_121405.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 410
I sure hope I can snag a 400-500 chip set
You shouldn’t have an issue getting $1- $100 chips from either the primary or secondary sets. The snappers may be tough, but certainly doable in the 1st minute or 2. Anything $500 or above will be harder. Im going all out on this sale and getting chips from both primary and secondary and am not worried that I’ll get my chips. Only thing I’m slightly worried about is the $1k’s.

You shouldn’t have an issue getting $1- $100 chips from either the primary or secondary sets. The snappers may be tough, but certainly doable in the 1st minute or 2. Anything $500 or above will be harder. Im going all out on this sale and getting chips from both primary and secondary and am not worried that I’ll get my chips. Only thing I’m slightly worried about is the $1k’s.
This will be my first big sale. I’ll be paying attention to all the presale activities so I’m ready to go when time comes.

Here's some images of racked chips. I must say these primary chips are in great shape. I personally have racked the chips. When I reach in the barrels, they feel more like new chips than any other used chips I have felt. Most of the $1s are new. Many of the $5s are new. Less on the $25s. But all have sharp edges. I have only seen a couple of flea bites.
Thanks Jim - do you know when you will be posting prices?

For me
$1 Primary or Secondary
$2.50 Secondary
$5Secondary
$25 Secondary
$100Primary or Secondary
$500 Secondary

I might just stick to the secondary's just to keep the set consistent.

Now I need to understand how to be part of the sale or auction and shipping costs to Australia. Any instructions I should read?

Hopefully soon. I'm working hard on racking. I used to have 4 workers for times like this, now I have 1 and she's still in school
Please, take it easy & don't rush @TheChipRoom, a sale taking place in early June would be perfect... I only say this because Ima be flying back on the 29th lol.

Hopefully soon. I'm working hard on racking. I used to have 4 workers for times like this, now I have 1 and she's still in school
How much you paying??? I can get a plane ticket…
As a first time member of the unemployed population, it would be my honor to lend a hand towards such an important business in need of temporary help! I have previous experience too :cool
@TheChipRoom

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom