Life is Grand! (5 Viewers)

807F4CB0-8902-4D22-B0D3-D6148464EE85.jpeg

47F7179D-DAF2-40F9-A792-3500DC51E107.gif

Jim with The Chip Room has his own subforum: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/forums/the-chip-room.21/

If you go into that subforum and click the "Watch" button then you'll get notifications (either through messages on the forum or via email, or both, your choice) whenever Jim posts a new thread to that subforum.

Sometime in the next couple of weeks Jim will post a thread promoting the upcoming sale. It will have links to his PayPal store where you can buy the chips, but those links won't go live until the day and time of the sale. When the time approaches, star refreshing that post; when the links go live, click on the links to visit his store and buy the chips you want; you'll need to do it quickly before they sell out.

So:
  • "Watch" his subforum
  • Wait until he posts his sale thread; you should get a notification
  • Read his sale thread so that you know what chips will be sold, how much they cost, what the rules are for buying them, and what day and time the sale will be
  • Take the time in advance of the sale to figure out what you want to buy
  • Wait until the sale starts
  • Refresh the sale post
  • Click on the sale links
  • Buy
You can look at some of his previous sales to get an idea of how it all works, for example last year's Jack Cincinnati sale.

Good luck!
Thank you for this post! This is super useful for someone who hasn't been around for one of these before.

I guess I got lucky, mine aren't too bad. They do seem to have some UV dust, and at least in my set it seems to come off of both the primary and secondary $25 onto the surface and my hands.

Attachments

• chips-uv.jpg
    chips-uv.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 141
The same issue as the primary HSI $25. Not the same green, is it?
Anyone got a photo of them side by side?

The same issue as the primary HSI $25. Not the same green, is it?
Anyone got a photo of them side by side?
I think those were day green. Maybe it’s whatever fluorescent pigment gets put in certain colors that gets released as the chips wear?

It is a pretty lineup under UV, but surprised there are no UV security features on any of the inlays.
1722394A-C999-4E3C-BF3B-7A59959D203E.jpeg

I think those were day green. Maybe it’s whatever fluorescent pigment gets put in certain colors that gets released as the chips wear?

It is a pretty lineup under UV, but surprised there are no UV security features on any of the inlays.View attachment 912592
Me too, that is actually what I was checking for and then I saw the mess all over my hands. I did scrub the pri 25 the most because it had the most juice on it so maybe that is what released so much dye. Looks like yours has it too though.

Those primary 25s are caked with that UV ink (at least mine was). This was after cleaning it. It was all over my hands too. Wonder if that is why the green looks a bit off
Can someone explain a little more what is going on here/what the history of this is? It sounds like this is an issue that's cropped up in the past with other chips?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom