Le Cove Inspired CPC Design (1 Viewer)

churlbut18

Full House
Reaction score
I've spent the last month or so analyzing the "epic" chips including Mapes, Nevada Club/Lodge, Lakeshore Inn, etc... and there is always one set and one chip that I keep circling back to. Le Cove and the Le Cove $20. And since I can't seem to find even a barrel, I'm contemplating somewhat of a tribute LIMIT set.

The design concept draws from the Le Cove $10 as my $1, the $20 as my Primary $20, and the $500 as my Secondary $20. Yup, two different $20's. And yes, a two denom limit set.

Here is the inspiration, pics courtesy of @RainmanTrail

IMG_0072.JPG

IMG_0073.JPG

IMG_0071.JPG

And here is my design. I think the two $20's are pretty much locked in unless there is a better suggestion (note: I played with purple and blurple as the base on the Secondary $20 but they seemed too dark). Struggling a bit with finalizing the $1 though. Also, the H mold is not final either. Would consider A mold too.

IMG_0077.PNG

#1 Revised (Mandarin on primary $20)
IMG_0098.PNG

IMG_0078.PNG

IMG_0079.PNG

IMG_0080.PNG

#4 Revised (Mandarin on primary $20)
IMG_0099.PNG

IMG_0081.PNG

Would love some feedback on any aspect.

Thanks,

Last edited:
I've never seen a LeCove $20 in person, but the spots don't look like DG Pink to me.

If I'm off base pardon my ignorance, this is purely based on how I see the color on my phone.

Possibly consider retro or mandarin red?

IMG_4944.PNG

IMG_4943.PNG

I've never seen a LeCove $20 in person, but the spots don't look like DG Pink to me.

If I'm off base pardon my ignorance, this is purely based on how I see the color on my phone.

Possibly consider retro or mandarin red?

View attachment 101753
View attachment 101752
Interesting... I played around with the retro and mandarin red and didn't think it looked good, but now that you've posted these, I think you might be right. The pink may not be the best.

Last edited:
What about the jockey mold, closest Paulson feel you'll get in CPC lineup hands down.

I like #1 with the Mandarin red on the 20

Since limit games tend to just play with a single work horse chip, and higher denoms are only needed to keep the size of a chip set manageable, I have long advocated, and plan to build my own, 3 color non-denom limit set. You could do this micely with your design. A 1x chip, a 20x chip and a 400x chip.

1 chip = 1 stack of the next lower denom.

That way you could spread any sized limit games for life. From .01/.02 limit, to $100B/$200B in the event you're in some hyperinflation economy.

These are great color choices.

I just realized that Paulson used a similar (if not the same) blue color/spot on the Horseshoe Gardena $1 as they did on the Le Cove $10 noted in the design above. This helps to solidify my thinking even more of going with the two tone blue $1 as the workhorse chip.

However, because I like Dayglo Peacock so much I'm leaning towards the lighter base and darker spot (reversing the tones).

IMG_0256.JPG

I just realized that Paulson used a similar (if not the same) blue color/spot on the Horseshoe Gardena $1 as they did on the Le Cove $10 noted in the design above. This helps to solidify my thinking even more of going with the two tone blue $1 as the workhorse chip.

However, because I like Dayglo Peacock so much I'm leaning towards the lighter base and darker spot (reversing the tones).

View attachment 103560
These colors were part of their home sets. The blue chip is a part of several sets...my viva Las Vegas set has that chip as a $10 chip.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom