SOLD Lakeshore Inn Set - 820 chips (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thinking was that if we slowly worked our way there in increments someone could reason/justify that it's only $100 more (for instance) but now they are staring at $1,500.
Sound logic. You may have killed off the frog in boiling water effect and simultaneously made it clear that you are a force to be reckoned with. Then again, now that you bring this to light... seems to be an open invitation for your competition to rethink possibly getting back in the bidding!

My thinking was that if we slowly worked our way to $7,000 in increments someone could reason/justify that it's only $100 more (for instance) but now they are staring at $1,500.

We must think alike. I often implement the hammer strategy in auctions too. Sometimes I've paid more than I otherwise would have, but I'll never know how much I saved by scaring away the competition lol. The incremental climb bias is very real, and is likely responsible for some of the craziest auctions we've had here (Pointe After $25s come to mind). Still a few days to go though, so we'll see what happens with these. The good thing if you win is I can deliver them in person so you don't have to worry about shipping and insurance :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
We must think alike. I often implement the hammer strategy in auctions too. Sometimes I've paid more than I otherwise would have, but I'll never know how much I saved by scaring away the competition lol.
It all depends on if that $7,000 price was perceived as a "hammer"... and perhaps, as @RainmanTrail says, there is still time left for the "incremental climb" to occur. But I agree. The hammer can be quite effective!

Ultimate dream set man! Rare edge spots, progressive inlays, Cali colors,...I could go on and on.
GLWA!

To me what is really cool is that these hail from a real card room in Cali. BTP/SB are nice cash sets but there is something unique about chips coming from a real place. There is all the history and mystique behind it which is neat. Even moreso if you are a cali native.

Great set. GLWA.

Is that really blaze on the $1? It looks so different to me in the pics

118FED63-501D-41F9-8FC7-E17240B695A8.jpeg

To me what is really cool is that these hail from a real card room in Cali. BTP/SB are nice cash sets but there is something unique about chips coming from a real place. There is all the history and mystique behind it which is neat. Even moreso if you are a cali native.
Don’t forget the lead and shaped inlays.

Great set. GLWA.

Is that really blaze on the $1? It looks so different to me in the pics

View attachment 348432

Yes, it's blaze orange. They look like they're on fire in person. I just can't get the colors to render well on my phone's camera. The $1s are insane.

It's crazy to think that at these prices you're sitting on a set currently valued at nearly 24k. And you wonder why the crazy Outpost guy keeps calling you. His buddy that owned the Lakeshore will be calling next ;)

Blaze orange never photographs well for some reason. Same problem with PCA secondary $25s - they look so much more amazing in person.

I find taking pics outside with some natural light really helps to show the colors better. Not direct sunlight but get that indirect light at around 5 PM.

But yeah pics don't do justice to some of the amazing paulson colors like blaze and mex rose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom