Kitchen remodel advice (1 Viewer)

Not a kitchen remodel, per se. But my washer gave up and leaked water onto the hardwoods. They were ruined. So surprise tile job for the new year! Got the waterproofing/underlayment done yesterday, hope to lay the tile today, and grout tomorrow.

Attachments

• PXL_20220114_161054146.jpg
    PXL_20220114_161054146.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 52
My wife and I are contemplating a kitchen reno. We just finished the guest bathroom so she's feeling motivated. Put a granite counter with undermount sink and sanded and stained the golden oak with Java colored stain.

Didn't take a before but it was golden oak with a formica countertop with drop in ceramic sink.

Here's the after just need to frame the mirror and do some painting touch-up.
IMG_20220105_135124338_HDR.jpg

Up next is our golden oak kitchen with formica countertops.

any progress updates @allforcharity?

Yeah, the floor is tiled, the drywall is back on, and the electrical is done and ready for light installation, but it still looks like a huge mess. Still need to grout and paint. Then cabinets go in next week.
20220128_062544.jpg

Last edited:
Love it!
Tons of cabinets, lots of lighting, huge refrigerator, two tones.

All the things I'm lacking lol.

I have a friend who's an interior designer and I feel like she'd love this kitchen. She had recommended this color combination.

It's actually two side-by-side units, one is entirely freezer, one is entirely refrigerator. I'll have pics in about two weeks when most of everything is installed and done.
For my home renos, I've always done my own design. It's not necessarily everyone's cup of tea, but I like to think of my rooms as my canvases.

Its fabulous! I really like how the ceiling feels endless with the white cabinets, and that the bottom cabinets are dark.

Awesome job man.
Do those Post-its say "never fkn touch anything in this kitchen"? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

What's the stainless drawer left of the oven? Dishwasher or mini fridge?

Haha, the post-it's were to remind us what goes where when we were moving stuff back in. The cabinet configuration did change a bit so we has to find new locations for lots of stuff. Including my chip cleaning equipment (ultrasonic, detergent, and paraphernalia).

Stainless drawer to the left of the oven is a warming drawer. 2 of them, actually. Scored them both on local Craiglist, same brand and model #s too. Useful for big parties, which seem to happen more frequently as time goes on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom