Just snagged a Tag Heuer for Cheap!!! (1 Viewer)

Trihonda

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Since I was 18 years old, I've wanted a Tag. (I'm now in my 40's). They've always been a bit out of my price range. On a whim, my family and I visited a local pawn shop (for the fun of it), and my wife finds a couple Tags in the watch case. She calls me over, and one happens to catch my eye. A Kirium WL1112 "Professional" with a black dial. Now, I'm not a cultured watch aficionado, but I have a couple Swiss watches, and a couple decent titanium watches, but not a Tag...

I've shopped them online, and for anything "Tag" I would put on my wrist, I was looking at spending $1000+. When I tried on this Tag, I was sure it wouldn't fit... but amazingly, it fit perfectly...

The pawnshop had the price listed at $250, and after some negotiations, I got them down to $200. The Crystal looks perfect, but the band I slightly worn (most importantly it's running and appears to keep the time just fine). Doing some research, it appears that this model is a tad older, but retailed for $1,600 new. Used, I'm seeing them go for $600-1500 depending on condition.

This isn't as good as finding a nice 1000 piece ASM or Paulson chipset in a pawn shop for $100, but it comes close IMHO.

Tag Face.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not a watch guy myself but I love getting a great find in an unexpected place :)

Congratulations!

OMG, the watch was a little dirty... So when I got home, I took my Sonicare toothbrush (old head), and some jewelry cleaning solution... and hit every nook and cranny. The grime just poured out of every crevice. It was disqusting, but I was glad I was getting the crud off the watch. It's much shinier now :)

I've got 3 - one from my wife for a wedding present, two we bought elsewhere when good deals presented themselves. Love the Tag Heuer's. The wedding present watch is one of the larger ones (I forget the model) and I've had in 11 years now. I'm very rough on watches and shoes for whatever reason, and I've not had a watch last longer than 2-3 years, but this Tag just keeps tickin' (literally). It's gone back to Switzerland twice for repairs but it looks and runs great.

Just having some fun with my camera phone and UV lighting :)

62f92dfad3233a2a3d51967ff9f2dc34.jpg

Congrats on the nice watch and great deal. Now use part of your savings to pick up a no!no! pro3 and re-post your watch/arm pr0n, please. :p

Ha! Well, we can't all be THIS cool...

sphynx-cat.jpg

I don't understand jewelry. My watch lives in my pocket, and is also capable of running programs, accessing the internet and making phone calls. It also streams music and podcasts.

I don't understand jewelry. My watch lives in my pocket, and is also capable of running programs, accessing the internet and making phone calls. It also streams music and podcasts.

i wear watches to work because there are many times when i'm in a meeting/conference/hearing/whatever when it would be extremely inappropriate to look at my phone, but when i easily surreptitiously glance at my watch.

I wear watches because I grew up wearing watches, and truth be told, they've twice saved my hand from being separated from my wrist. (oh, I use watches to tell time too) :)

i wear watches to work because there are many times when i'm in a meeting/conference/hearing/whatever when it would be extremely inappropriate to look at my phone, but when i easily surreptitiously glance at my watch.

I started wearing watches out of habit (pre-smartphones) but now, this ^. I feel naked without one on. Unless I am actually naked. Then it's appropriate not to wear one.

Congrats! I've had my Classic 2000 since 94 and wear it every day, naked or not. Love it.

Circumstances change, and as a result, habits change. I wore a watch all my life until retiring and moving to Florida. Down here, it just doesn't seem necessary. {shrug}

Nice Tag! Some of the older ones are very nice indeed.

Even though I'm not wearing them any more, I have a Breitling chrono I bought new in 1966. It's been through two years in 'Nam and two marriages, and it just wouldn't seem right to part with it.
:cool:

Circumstances change, and as a result, habits change. I wore a watch all my life until retiring and moving to Florida. Down here, it just doesn't seem necessary. {shrug}

Nice Tag! Some of the older ones are very nice indeed.

Even though I'm not wearing them any more, I have a Breitling chrono I bought new in 1966. It's been through two years in 'Nam and two marriages, and it just wouldn't seem right to part with it.
:cool:

now that's a special watch, indeed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom