Just had 1st Shower in 5 Days !!!! (1 Viewer)

RussB42

Flush
Reaction score
The water is back on and just had 1st shower on 5 Days. Water Boil is still on, but can shower as long as ya keep yr mouth shut and don't swallow any water.

Man I didn't know a 79 yr old could feel so GOOD !!!!

Hope everyone can do this...

We have very low water pressure, and have been for the last 4 days. It's barely enough to get our hair washed. However, thankfully water is running. We are on a citywide boil water order though. Schools are shut down now for that reason, and so were the airport, restaurants, etc. the last few days. Water mains are breaking all over the city with the freezing temperatures for the last 9 days (longest since '44) and today we hit 60. They are expecting more breaks throughout the week as things thaw out.

I'm thankful we have some water access, and can't imagine what you guys are dealing with in TX. Glad to hear your back up, showered and feeling good!

During humanitarian operations in my previous unit there were times we'd go 10+ days without a shower so we'd always pack a couple Costco size packs of baby wipes and that was our shower. Either that or collect some rain water over the course of a few days and fill up a camping shower. I know what it feels like to get a shower after not taking one for so long. It's a great feeling

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom