Journey to a Hot Stamped T Mold Tourney Set (1 Viewer)

monkeydog

Flush
Reaction score
I've been wanting a large tourney set for a long, long time.

After stamping some T Molds for a couple of members I decided that I'd build my own set.

The side note to all of this - my group doesn't play tournaments anymore and floats between 8 to 12 regulars. So of course I need a tournament set for up to 40 with rebuys.

Anyway, I have always loved two colours from BCC - Sherbet and Chocolate. I decided to use them as the starting point, Sherbet 25's and Chocolate 100's. I've always liked pastel colours so Lavender 500's - once I got some in hand I decided that I didn't quite like them as a chip I'd be seeing a lot of, so they became 25,000's and I ordered some Purple. My fav colour for chips is Pink, so Hot Pink 1000's it is! Then what goes with pink? Canary Yellow of course! So was born some Tweety Birds 5000's. I was missing some 10,000's and really wanted Horizon Blue for those - unfortunately all sold out before I decided to head down this path. Second choice was Red of some type - just couldn't do it though - too much of a clash. Settled on Dark Blue. Don't love it, but it is what it is. Now for rebuys, I wanted to keep the set to 1500 chips (and wanted another colour!!) so I decided on using 2,500's and picked Grey. These will only see the felt during large tourneys- so likely never!!!

I still have to have the stamps designed and made but the theme is set - story to follow later, here are some pics!!!

IMG_0599.JPG
IMG_0600.JPG
IMG_0601.JPG
IMG_0602.JPG
IMG_0603.JPG

Kinda look like candy, eh?

Very nice! You are pretty lucky @AK Chip sold me his limit set of Soapy's Parlor chips though as I had ordered samples of several of those chip colors and was going to buy all of the chocolate and lavender chips for a limit set I wanted. Glad it worked out for both of us! :D

Very nice! You are pretty lucky @AK Chip sold me his limit set of Soapy's Parlor chips though as I had ordered samples of several of those chip colors and was going to buy all of the chocolate and lavender chips for a limit set I wanted. Glad it worked out for both of us! :D

I wondered if some of the colors would sell out before I could add-on! After getting samples I fell in love with the mold. I am planning a tourney set as well but I have no clue on the design or theme yet.

I don't know...that seems light.

Haven't had more than 10 players in probably 10 years. Figured a 3 table set with re-buys should do . Might have bought more if they hadn't run out of some colors!

@monkeydog Can I hit you up if I want my T-molds stamped? Might be a while from now, but what do you charge? What about making the dies?

Stamped the Sherbert yesterday - remembered that I don't like stamping T-Molds!! Around 30% of the chips have a convex or concave surface. Makes a clean stamp impossible. I think this is more colour specifc (at least I hope) and that the others won't be as bad...

I've been wanting a large tourney set for a long, long time.

After stamping some T Molds for a couple of members I decided that I'd build my own set.

The side note to all of this - my group doesn't play tournaments anymore and floats between 8 to 12 regulars. So of course I need a tournament set for up to 40 with rebuys.

Anyway, I have always loved two colours from BCC - Sherbet and Chocolate. I decided to use them as the starting point, Sherbet 25's and Chocolate 100's. I've always liked pastel colours so Lavender 500's - once I got some in hand I decided that I didn't quite like them as a chip I'd be seeing a lot of, so they became 25,000's and I ordered some Purple. My fav colour for chips is Pink, so Hot Pink 1000's it is! Then what goes with pink? Canary Yellow of course! So was born some Tweety Birds 5000's. I was missing some 10,000's and really wanted Horizon Blue for those - unfortunately all sold out before I decided to head down this path. Second choice was Red of some type - just couldn't do it though - too much of a clash. Settled on Dark Blue. Don't love it, but it is what it is. Now for rebuys, I wanted to keep the set to 1500 chips (and wanted another colour!!) so I decided on using 2,500's and picked Grey. These will only see the felt during large tourneys- so likely never!!!

I still have to have the stamps designed and made but the theme is set - story to follow later, here are some pics!!!

View attachment 81240 View attachment 81241 View attachment 81242 View attachment 81243 View attachment 81244

Kinda look like candy, eh?

Can you put stacks of dark blue and chocolate next to each other

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom