Jack Tournament 500 Chip Sets Sale (1 Viewer)

I had no interest in these -- just wanted to offer my opinion that this is the type of sale that just cried out for unlimited entries for a fixed time period, followed by some sort of drawing to determine the lucky winner/purchasers.

It certainly would have been more entertaining!
I found it more entertaining that I was actually able to get what will hopefully be good chips at a very fair price;)

I found it more entertaining that I was actually able to get what will hopefully be good chips at a very fair price;)

Not sure what was said but i I’ll pipe in since it appears to be more of nonsense cheerleading...

I find it highly entertaining the guy actually shipped chips he posted pictures of, and said were for sale.

B3F9113C-F904-4AC9-AF70-4EA6C4BCF8E1.png

Last edited:
Got a tracking number, looking forward to getting these. I hope others who get them post pron, because I’ll be waiting longer than most due to Canada shipping.

I believe these are gonna be awesome, I decided I had to have at least one tourney set because life is too empty with no sets.

I had no interest in these -- just wanted to offer my opinion that this is the type of sale that just cried out for unlimited entries for a fixed time period, followed by some sort of drawing to determine the lucky winner/purchasers.

It certainly would have been more entertaining!
And I sat there with a big smile, because it was so pure. Announced the night before and a quick dibs sale the following afternoon - reward the people who give the site traffic. Yes, I think I should have a better shot at chips than the guy who logs in once a week.

I JUST got done selling all of my tourney sets, as they got zero use and sat in a drawer because my players want cash games only.

Then this damn post pops up telling me that there are only 16 sets for sale and I have only an hour to pay for them, and my heart starts racing....

What do I do? Do I make the mature, reasoned decision and simply pass knowing full well that there are no circumstances where I will use these chips for any purpose? No. Of course not. I type "IN" (all caps). I commit to buy (and pay for) chips I don't need because the clock was ticking and my judgment on whether or not I needed them at that very moment may have been compromised.

Now I have a tracking number, $675.00 less in my bank account, a slightly better understanding of the affect this hobby has on me and a package of chips that I do not need in route to my home.

Is this REALLY what my life has become....

I JUST got done selling all of my tourney sets, as they got zero use and sat in a drawer because my players want cash games only.

Then this damn post pops up telling me that there are only 16 sets for sale and I have only an hour to pay for them, and my heart starts racing....

What do I do? Do I make the mature, reasoned decision and simply pass knowing full well that there are no circumstances where I will use these chips for any purpose? No. Of course not. I type "IN" (all caps). I commit to buy (and pay for) chips I don't need because the clock was ticking and my judgment on whether or not I needed them at that very moment may have been compromised.

Now I have a tracking number, $675.00 less in my bank account, a slightly better understanding of the affect this hobby has on me and a package of chips that I do not need in route to my home.

I mean I can replace that $675 in your bank account..

And I sat there with a big smile, because it was so pure. Announced the night before and a quick dibs sale the following afternoon - reward the people who give the site traffic. Yes, I think I should have a better shot at chips than the guy who logs in once a week.
Hardly the situation here.

I mean I can replace that $675 in your bank account..
I got $700 for you. Flip those chips.

That could have been accomplished with the lottery, etc. simply by allowing, say, one hour for entries.

But there may well have been some who were members years before *you* joined who missed out because of something like being at work at the appointed minute. It's a pretty slippery slope when you try to determine just who deserves preferential treatment.

For me, I couldn't resist the bright colours and almost perfect inlay for a tournament chip - no dollar signs, clearly states tournament chip, no cash value, and black vs white to really make the colours pop. If the inlays filled the entire recess, they'd be real bangers. I'd love to find the window licker at Paulson who keeps putting undersized inlays on chips.

Now to see if I can live with RHC once they are in hand...

In, backup, fingers crossed...or if someone has buyers remorse...or if some feels sympathetic to a slightly colorblind person who would benefit from having and playing with a set of solids. (Add puppy dog eyes here)

I assume I am very late to the party here...

For me, I couldn't resist the bright colours and almost perfect inlay for a tournament chip - no dollar signs, clearly states tournament chip, no cash value, and black vs white to really make the colours pop. If the inlays filled the entire recess, they'd be real bangers. I'd love to find the window licker at Paulson who keeps putting undersized inlays on chips.

I mean if you can’t let me know.

That could have been accomplished with the lottery, etc. simply by allowing, say, one hour for entries.

But there may well have been some who were members years before *you* joined who missed out because of something like being at work at the appointed minute. It's a pretty slippery slope when you try to determine just who deserves preferential treatment.
Hey, I’m not asking for preferential treatment. I’m just saying that I like first come first served. If I miss something when I’m working or driving or sleeping, I’ll live with that.

Hey, I’m not asking for preferential treatment. I’m just saying that I like first come first served. If I miss something when I’m working or driving or sleeping, I’ll live with that.

Surely you can't mean that you tolerate gambling in any form!

I've been looking for tourney chips, something affordable and had to be Paulsons. The Jack Detroit chips are pretty awesome, but these Cincy chips have better colors (no 25k chip though). Black inlays on bright chips are my thing, and the price on these chips was literally a steal if the pics posted in the OP are representative of what we are getting. Never thought I'd be this happy to score a set of boring solid tourney chips;)

This was a good sale, from an awesome vendor and sounds like deals were struck behind the scenes to make this kind of thing happen for us chippers. This type of sale is good for the community. Thanks @Apache.

Picture of my new Jack Cincinnati tournament chips. I added a rack of Harrah’s Cherokee T5 which will be my T500, the T500 will be my T5000, and the T5000 will be T25000.

View attachment 676155

By the way, I put a very light coating of oil on the edges as they were super thirsty!!
How is the condition? The Harrah's look significantly better from the photo (obviously because they are unplayed), but what do you think overall?

How is the condition? The Harrah's look significantly better from the photo (obviously because they are unplayed), but what do you think overall?
Some are a little dirty, but very few flea bites. Maybe one or two per barrel max. I am very pleased with them. The black almost looks like a dark purple. This might be because they were cleaned in an ultrasonic (I believe).

Picture of my new Jack Cincinnati tournament chips. I added a rack of Harrah’s Cherokee T5 which will be my T500, the T500 will be my T5000, and the T5000 will be T25000.

View attachment 676155

By the way, I put a very light coating of oil on the edges as they were super thirsty!!
Is that T100 base grape? Definitely thought it was black from the original pics, that may be a deal breaker now, chips are supposed to be here tomorrow :confused

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom