Is this where the kewl kids hang out? (1 Viewer)

the3rd

Pair
Reaction score
Edward III here from Pennsylvania. Some of you may remember me. I was a chiptalk user for a few years and it has changed quite a bit. I checked in there and discovered this forum. I don't know how much I'll participate, but thought I'd say hi.

I remember you. Welcome. This is a great, active site. Now Post some chips pics.:D
I already did, although not good ones. My camera battery was low and wouldn't flash or autofocus. Check out my media. How do I delete my stupid double thread?

I sure hope that there aren't any newfoundlanders here trying to pronounce your name. Welcome to PCF. Buy a wallet with a chain on it...or padlock..

What made so many users jump ship?

TL/DR version:

Chiptalk went down temporarily. Too long for anyone needing a regular chip fix. PCF welcomed us with open arms, free everything, and occasional prizes. Most found it too much to keep up with 2 sites, so they kept posting where all the action was at. Some loyalists continue to hang at CT, but this is where the big party moved.

I sure hope that there aren't any newfoundlanders here trying to pronounce your name. Welcome to PCF. Buy a wallet with a chain on it...or padlock..
Already spent thousands. Looking to unload.
Interesting... I didn't know Newfies couldn't pronounce Edward, the third. How do they say Prince Edward Island? :)
TL/DR version:Chiptalk went down temporarily. Too long for anyone needing a regular chip fix. PCF welcomed us with open arms, free everything, and occasional prizes. Most found it too much to keep up with 2 sites, so they kept posting where all the action was at. Some loyalists continue to hang at CT, but this is where the big party moved.
Gotta have a backup to the backup.

Good to hear from you. I'm very happy that you've ascended here. I was never a fan of Edward II after that whole business with Isabella and Roger Mortimer.

The former site now known as the "Big Blue Wall" suffered from a lack of effective site administration since mid-1993...after upgrading the site to 64KB of memory and installing a new 20MB Western Digital hard drive, site administrator "Ten" (as in, the site needs Ten people to fix it) sought to monetize the site in an effort to raise the funds necessary to further enhance it.

Ten's plans to create site revenue were supported by addle-minded morons who bought "lifetime" memberships (myself included) and charging patrons by the character for things like private messages (renamed EMs, or Expensive Messages) and marketplace ads.

At roughly the same time, Atlantic Standard Molding (ASM) was sold to an evil Marvel Comics character named "Doctor Ott" or "Red" for short. Doctor Ott was half man, half metal from the rusted bumper of a small red Chevy Corsica (hence the nickname 'Red'). Red proceeded to take breathtakingly wonderful poker chips designs and turn them into amalgamations of the inane and the grotesque. Inlays misshapen to the point where they caused vertigo, edgespots seemingly punched out by blind elves lacking hands, chips of dizzying varied heights, and colors that look washed out like a 49ers Levis....all of these horrors and more were visited upon the Community of the Big Blue Wall.

In the end, the burden was too much to bear. We set out into the cyber-wilderness, looking forlornly for that which would continue to threaten both our financial livelihood and our marriages. We needed chips. Wonderful, stackable, shuffable chips that didn't make us want to sit in the corner of a dark room and quietly weep for days gone by.

And then we found PCF. And then we figured out that we couldn't make PayPal payments while putting PCF in the memo field without getting hit by anti-tank missiles fired by DOD drones. But then we fixed that, and now we're here, happy and together and holding pointless debates about things like gun control (or the utter and despicable lack thereof) and eagerly awaiting chips from SunFly that will get me thrown into an Atlantic City jail for 15 days.

So welcome. And also, just for you, fuck the French.

Your pal,

Bergs

edgespots seemingly punched out by blind elves lacking hands

Surely you jest.

20130830_012459_zpsa31ec894.jpg

I like the triangle, round, and small penis-shaped spots.

Good Lord, Dr Ott! That pic is like visiting xhamster while the wife is out shopping,clicking on your first video and seeing a fugly fat chick showering.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom