Cash Game Is this breakdown good for 0.25/0.25 and two tables? (1 Viewer)

quintooo

Flush
Reaction score
Things got out of hand in my invite list/stakes and I'm an easy person to persuade. I've got 15 players, doing two tables, 8 and 7. Game is 0.25/0.25 NLHE, buy ins are $20-50, match big stack.

I have this breakdown:
200x $0.25
500x $1
200x $5
100x $20
100x $100

alternatively, I have this breakdown:
100x $0.25
180x $1
400x $5
100x $20
100x $100

I saw this post and seems like detroitdad used two sets for both tables. For a couple reasons, it'd tilt me to use two different sets. But I'll run two sets if I have to.

Is my first set fine to use for both tables, though? I'm mostly worried about not having enough quarters, due to limpers and raising to $0.75 pre. I'm also honestly a little worried about not having enough $5 for rebuys or when game gets deep.

Set 1 is really going to want more 5s.

Any chance you can mix the sets? Quarters and ones from the first and fives and up from the second?

Things got out of hand in my invite list/stakes and I'm an easy person to persuade. I've got 15 players, doing two tables, 8 and 7. Game is 0.25/0.25 NLHE, buy ins are $20-50, match big stack.

I have this breakdown:
200x $0.25
500x $1
200x $5
100x $20
100x $100

100x $0.25
180x $1
400x $5
100x $20
100x $100

I saw this post and seems like detroitdad used two sets for both tables. For a couple reasons, it'd tilt me to use two different sets. But I'll run two sets if I have to.

Is my first set fine to use for both tables, though? I'm mostly worried about not having enough quarters, due to limpers and raising to $0.75 pre. I'm also honestly a little worried about not having enough $5 for rebuys or when game gets deep.
First Set is good if they play like 25/25c. $1 are going to be the sole workhosre chip for 25/25c

so 100 x 25c plus 250 x $1 with some value chip ($5/20) are good enough

I have this breakdown:
200x $0.25
500x $1
200x $5
100x $20
100x $100

100x $0.25
180x $1
400x $5
100x $20
100x $100

either will work fine. People can make change when needed.

I play .25/.25 $40 weekly and I will fight to the death that; 1) 100 isn’t enough fracs, and 2) the $1 is the workhorse, not the $5, 3) making change all the time sucks and slows the game and should be minimized, not promoted. But each game plays different. I think most people saying otherwise are usually higher stakes players that only occasionally play .25/.25 and probably play it like a higher stake than those that regularly play it.

I am just about to drop an add-on order for my CPC mangos to extend it for the occasional 2 table night. I am adding on fracs and $1s to get to this:

240x .25
500x 1
300x 5
60x 8
100x 20
60x 100

So I prefer your first breakdown.

Last edited:
Set 1 is really going to want more 5s.

Any chance you can mix the sets? Quarters and ones from the first and fives and up from the second?
Sadly, no. The height of 20 chips from both sets has a 1 chip height difference. Way too much for me to mix.

I play .25/.25 $40 weekly and I will fight to the death that; 1) 100 isn’t enough fracs, and 2) the $1 is the workhorse, not the $5, 3) making change all the time sucks and slows the game and should be minimized, not promoted.
Yea, I read on the forum that a rack of fracs should be enough for 0.25/0.50. I've been to games where it is enough, so it's what I got for my second set. But for some reason, it doesn't feel like enough for my games lol.

I haven't played 0.25/0.25 enough to know what the workhorse chip is. $1 chip sounds right, but I'm afraid the game might get out of hand and play bigger. Well, we'll see.

Last edited:
I think your first set is fine. I think being heavy in ones is good for 0.25-0.25 and 0.25-0.50. My only concern is that if you do "match the big stack" you might deplete your fives fairly quickly if everyone goes to the max after the first double up. But even if that happens, you have plenty of twenties that can be used, you won't exhaust the bank.

I think your first set is fine. I think being heavy in ones is good for 0.25-0.25 and 0.25-0.50. My only concern is that if you do "match the big stack" you might deplete your fives fairly quickly if everyone goes to the max after the first double up. But even if that happens, you have plenty of twenties that can be used, you won't exhaust the bank.
Yea, I'm worried about running out of 5's as well. Hopefully when/if it gets that deep, there'll be less players and I can switch to the second set and then just raise blinds or something.

Yea, I'm worried about running out of 5's as well. Hopefully when/if it gets that deep, there'll be less players and I can switch to the second set and then just raise blinds or something.
Youll never need to switch. Each person can get 13 5’s and if u get low give 20’s for 5’s and youre fine. I think youll find ur over thinking it. Maybe 1 or 2 people get a huge stack at some point and if they do give them a $100 chip or some 20’s and youll still have the same chips in play

Youll never need to switch. Each person can get 13 5’s and if u get low give 20’s for 5’s and youre fine. I think youll find ur over thinking it. Maybe 1 or 2 people get a huge stack at some point and if they do give them a $100 chip or some 20’s and youll still have the same chips in play
Yup, 500-600 chips set is more than enough to cover 1 table

I personally like seeing those bigger denomination get in play too rather than hoarding hundreds of $1 & $5

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom