Is this art? (2 Viewers)

I would have loved it if you would have took a picture of the plaque/description/whatever it is next to the light one. I'm the first to admit I don't get it, but I'd be interested to see if there are any clues or a description. Did you read it @detroitdad , can you shed any light on the situation for me. ;)

I would have loved it if you would have took a picture of the plaque/description/whatever it is next to the light one. I'm the first to admit I don't get it, but I'd be interested to see if there are any clues or a description.
Sign says,
"Banana Dragon"

"Consumed by display hall set-up worker as mid-day snack when Snickers vending machine malfuctioned. Sorry for any inconvenience."

Because an individual's opinion of quality has nothing to do with an object's generally accepted classification.

You can, but your opinion regarding quality is not a valid argument in that context.

For example, I don't question that your Sunsets are poker chips. :vomit:
1563384417485.gif

Lol. im good. Im ther only one that needs to like them.
Get that common sense and objectivity outta here! I wanna see some a glass of bourbon on the table tonight followed by some tyrannical posts here. Burn em all Bill Targaryen!

They risk their lives and stacks when they insult the dragons...errr bourbons.

I went to a gallery in the UK on the coast to see this exhibit.

Looked interesting until i got inside.

We sat through a 15 minute documentary of how this guys art is 'walking' and when i say walking i mean, one foot in front of the other walking.
The guy interviewing him said, "we are both walking now.. am i creating art?"
the artist said... "no"

The viewing room was empty and we started laughing loudly at the absurdity.

Didn't realize the 'artist' was outside in lobby signing books. :confused

IF anything you can take from art you dont like or understand, its that at least it got you thinking. Which for a lot of artists that is their objective.

edit: I'm a big believer in counter norms, and if you want to plug a lamp in the the wall and call it art. I support you.
What i enjoy and would appreciate as art has nothing to do with what someone else thinks is art or appreciates.
Do i think you should get government grants to 'walk' ? no.

Last edited:
I went to a gallery in the UK on the coast to see this exhibit.

Looked interesting until i got inside.

We sat through a 15 minute documentary of how this guys art is 'walking' and when i say walking i mean, one foot in front of the other walking.
The guy interviewing him said, "we are both walking now.. am i creating art?"
the artist said... "no"

The viewing room was empty and we started laughing loudly at the absurdity.

Didn't realize the 'artist' was outside in lobby signing books. :confused

IF anything you can take from art you dont like or understand, its that at least it got you thinking. Which for a lot of artists that is their objective.

edit: I'm a big believer in counter norms, and if you want to plug a lamp in the the wall and call it art. I support you.
What i enjoy and would appreciate as art has nothing to do with what someone else thinks is art or appreciates.
Do i think you should get government grants to 'walk' ? no.

I love everything about this post. You should start an art exhibit of art you think is in fact, not art... to get us thinking about it :)

Good luck with that $19.99. The private sector is terrible at supporting the arts. Without government grants, we would lose one more thing that made humanity great.

It's hard to not notice the decline in art and the drop in people creatively thinking. In a few generations I suspect Americans will be a mindless hoard of people chanting and watching things explode.

Good luck with that $19.99. The private sector is terrible at supporting the arts. Without government grants, we would lose one more thing that made humanity great.

It's hard to not notice the decline in art and the drop in people creatively thinking. In a few generations I suspect Americans will be a mindless hoard of people chanting and watching things explode.
You mean like watching "Ouch My Balls" in the seemingly prophetic movie Idiocracy?

I don't condone vandalism but couldn't you say they got covered with more art? Prove me wrong.
I wouldn't say that graffiti can't be art, but there are inappropriate locations to display the craft.
1563474631618.png
Is certainly art, but I wouldn't want it painted on the hood of my car.

saw in the news this week

First exhibition of AI-DA paints at Oxford.
AI-DA it's a robot that paints based on it's own 'paint' algorithm

exposition-aida-artiste-robot-oxford-numero-magazine.jpg

62250530_10156328617212844_9176692906352705536_n.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom