Is this art? (2 Viewers)

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
I don't get it. Maybe im just not refined enough.

20190713_123544.jpg
20190713_123649.jpg
20190713_123653.jpg

#1: is a study in red, as well as an exercise in diminishing brush strokes. You were standing too far back to truly appreciate/feel the emotional stir of this one.

#2: An exquisite use of light and shadow. How is this not brilliant?

#3: Sorry, even I cannot explain this PoS. Call an electrician and get it hardwired, you low-life apartment dweller.

Bonus Round, @Sprouty: This is an extremely amateurish exploration of shapes. If this was done by your child, I apologize. If this was done by an adult, they should apologize, then stick with painting. If they decide to make a poker table it would wind up looking like this...

#1: is a study in red, as well as an exercise in diminishing brush strokes. You were standing too far back to truly appreciate/feel the emotional stir of this one.

#2: An exquisite use of light and shadow. How is this not brilliant?

#3: Sorry, even I cannot explain this PoS. Call an electrician and get it hardwired, you low-life apartment dweller.

Bonus Round, @Sprouty: This is an extremely amateurish exploration of shapes. If this was done by your child, I apologize. If this was done by an adult, they should apologize, then stick with painting. If they decide to make a poker table it would wind up looking like this...
View attachment 310204
But now I know where my "space" is on the poker table! I must have it.

I've seen movies that have been absolute wastes of my time. Nobody questions that it was a movie.
I've read books that were unfinishable. Nobody questions that it was a book.
I've heard music that sounded like a man screaming as the entire band was thrown down the stairs. Nobody questions that it was music.
I've been served food that was unpalatable. Nobody questions that it was food.

Why does visual art that you dont like get questioned, when all other forms of art are accepted, even if it's terrible?

My dog eats poop. Poop is not food.

Although @Poker Zombie offers an intriguing line of thought, I think this quickly approaches the philosophical debate on the existence or non-existence of truth.

I've seen movies that have been absolute wastes of my time. Nobody questions that it was a movie.

If it is that bad of a movie. Why not question it?

I've read books that were unfinishable. Nobody questions that it was a book.

If it was that bad, why not question it?

I've heard music that sounded like a man screaming as the entire band was thrown down the stairs. Nobody questions that it was music.

I've been served food that was unpalatable. Nobody questions that it was food.

Why does visual art that you dont like get questioned,

The short answer is "because I can".

The Room...see The Room. It is such a bad movie (probably the worst) that it is excellent entertainment. Such a train wreck.

If it is that bad of a movie. Why not question it?

Because an individual's opinion of quality has nothing to do with an object's generally accepted classification.

The short answer is "because I can"

You can, but your opinion regarding quality is not a valid argument in that context.

For example, I don't question that your Sunsets are poker chips. :vomit:

Was Yoko Ono who made an exposition in New York which was an empty hall?
It was a "conceptual art performance" on which "the exposition was in her head"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom