Is this a call? (1 Viewer)

grandmeme

Two Pair
Reaction score
So a good friend of mine told me that Crown Melbourne recently opened up a 2/5 PLO game (they usually only offer 1/3 or 5/5), and I was in the area with cash in my wallet, so obviously I had to check it out.

Played around 2 hours and currently stuck 3 bullets - very simple spots, got it in both times on the flop with double suited AAxx with front and back nut flush draws, as well as a KKxx top set which didnt hold against a turned nut broadway. Definitely bleeding a lot with my premiums, but it's PLO so very standard so far. I have a really nitty image so far on the table as everyone is seeing how I only showdown premiums, but the table is very loose and action-packed.

We're currently 8-handed, and I pick up :td::th::js::9s: on the button with about $550 effective. The straddle is on at $10 and UTG+1 bumps it up to $30. HJ, SB and I all come along.

Hero: $520
Pot: $135

The flop comes :8s::ts::4s: and it checks to the HJ who donk leads pot. I don't really believe him with the J high flush with a boat and straight flush redraw. I call with no intent of folding any turn. To my suprise, the SB repots (he has us all covered) and everyone, including the HJ, folds.

Now I'm in a pickle. Would SB even have any bluffs here? He's a pretty aggressive and loose player, but I'm pretty sure jamming the naked :as: into 4 players would be pretty hard to get through. We have a pretty good price to call $385 to win $925 with the FH draw, but what is HJ potting with and folding to a rejam here? I can only think of potting middle or bottom set here with a spade, or maybe even two pair. So assuming that my draws are pretty slim. Could HJ be doing this with a weak flush?

Is this a sigh call?

Of course I had to play this session after I insulted @Anthony Martino for commentating NLHE. Poker Jeezus is exacting his revenge!!!

Your getting 2.5 to 1 with somewhere between 7 and 9 outs currently, with a potential 3 more after the turn. Even if you opponent has one of the worst hands you can see like :as::qs::tc::8c:, you still have 32% , which only needs 2 to 1 to call.

Sometimes bad or aggro players get good hands. You have the 4th nut flush so your flush could definetly be beat

And if it is beat, your opponent might block some of your straight flush outs

Still, you can pair the board to win with two cards to come, and you don't have a ton left in your stack

Probably a sigh call expecting to be behind most of the time, but at least with outs

I guess there was only one option after all.

I ended up sigh calling. As if to mock us, the SB shows :as: :7s::8c::4c: for the pure nuts as well as blocking both our boat and straight flush redraws. I flip it over and the HJ claims he had 44. So uh, I need a date with an eight?

I miss. I instinctively get out my wallet, but errr, there's nothing left. Oops.

I'm stuck heaps this session, but I'm not about to pay the $5 ATM fee. That's the Oreo McFlurry money.

I do the walk of shame, but I'm rewarded with some good old Maccas icecream on the way home.

cate-thumb-640-desserts_SH__0007_McFlurry-Oreo.png

Life is good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom