Tourney Is there an anti bounty so to speak? (2 Viewers)

renegadegatorman

High Hand
Reaction score
So we know that a bounty is a reward for knocking out a player or taking someone's stack. But has anyone seen a reward for doubling up off an all in? Other than the chips of course lol.

Seems like it could be a fun way to encourage more all ins.

So we know that a bounty is a reward for knocking out a player or taking someone's stack. But has anyone seen a reward for doubling up off an all in? Other than the chips of course lol.

I played in an T6000 MTT where a T500 chip was given as a reward for knocking a player out of the tournament. That is the closest I have seen to what you are describing. I really did not care for that peculiarity. Can't speak to how it originated. Never asked.

We have run a few wacky/weird/fun tournaments in the past (usually holiday-related), each with some unique and non-standard 'rules'.

One of those included a KO-bonus, where a player knock-out earned extra chips. Other chip bonuses were awarded for specific hand wins (set-over-set, flush-over-flush, boat-over-boat, quads-over-quads), or winning with 7-2. Winning multiple consecutive hands could also earn bonus chips.

They all played a part in the players employing different strategies from the 'norm' attempting to gain extra chips, which was the underlying goal.

All of the events were low-cost and supposedly non-serious by design, with lots of fun banter.

It would also kind of discourage those all ins from getting called. Maybe there could be a 1 or 2 BB reward for shoving even if you don't get called? That seems like it would induce action all around.

We have run a few wacky/weird/fun tournaments in the past (usually holiday-related), each with some unique and non-standard 'rules'.

One of those included a KO-bonus, where a player knock-out earned extra chips. Other chip bonuses were awarded for specific hand wins (set-over-set, flush-over-flush, boat-over-boat, quads-over-quads), or winning with 7-2. Winning multiple consecutive hands could also earn bonus chips.

They all played a part in the players employing different strategies from the 'norm' attempting to gain extra chips, which was the underlying goal.

All of the events were low-cost and supposedly non-serious by design, with lots of fun banter.
I might have to run one game with these sorts of rules as a test. I have a couple of really splashy players along with a few players who like it when the game is closer to bingo than NLHE. I could see these sorts of rule variants possibly increasing the fun at the table for the majority of players.

It would also kind of discourage those all ins from getting called. Maybe there could be a 1 or 2 BB reward for shoving even if you don't get called? That seems like it would induce action all around.
I think you're right. Perhaps if the prize came from the tournament instead of the player faced with the call it wouldn't deter calling as much. I like the extra BB idea though.

Oh, when I read your title, I was thinking of a chip that would prevent you from being knocked out. So, in a situation where I'm all in against you and you beat me, I get to remain in the game with a BB remaining (I don't know exactly - just a sum that allows me to live on for another hand). You'd take my "Anti-Bounty" chip so that means you'd get 2 chances to not get booted from the tourney (mine and your original one).

Oh, when I read your title, I was thinking of a chip that would prevent you from being knocked out. So, in a situation where I'm all in against you and you beat me, I get to remain in the game with a BB remaining (I don't know exactly - just a sum that allows me to live on for another hand). You'd take my "Anti-Bounty" chip so that means you'd get 2 chances to not get booted from the tourney (mine and your original one).

That would be pretty wild, idk how I feel about it lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom