Is Lundmark faux TSP? (1 Viewer)

Thanks Brandon! Lundmark is only $7.59 at my neighborhood Ace Hardware so I’m going to pick me up some today.

Yes, Lundmark is sodium metasilicate.
IMG_2458.jpeg

2T of Lundmark TSP (actually sodium metasilicate) with salad spinner rotation as fast as you can manage it in the bath for 1 minute @ 42C is my typical starting point. That is for a full rack of not-so-filthy chips.

Lots more info here:
http://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/ultrasonic-chip-cleaning.1691/

Yes, Lundmark is sodium metasilicate.
View attachment 1247928

2T of Lundmark TSP (actually sodium metasilicate) with salad spinner rotation as fast as you can manage it in the bath for 1 minute @ 42C is my typical starting point. That is for a full rack of not-so-filthy chips.

Lots more info here:
http://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/ultrasonic-chip-cleaning.1691/
Thanks Inca! I have a smaller sized ultrasonic (750ml) and I won’t be able to fit a salad spinner. I’m thinking about agitating the chips w tongues and chopsticks. I know this is less than ideal. Other than this technique not cleaning as well, do I risk damaging my chips if they are not in the constant motion of a salad spinner?

Thanks Inca! I have a smaller sized ultrasonic (750ml) and I won’t be able to fit a salad spinner. I’m thinking about agitating the chips w tongues and chopsticks. I know this is less than ideal. Other than this technique not cleaning as well, do I risk damaging my chips if they are not in the constant motion of a salad spinner?
Doubtful they would be damaged, just recommend doing a test run before committing many chips. I minimize water time as a general rule. Chips seem to get clean pretty quickly in US without much hassle.

Last edited:
I don't even use constant motion for my salad spinner. I do a 1/4 turn every 10 seconds, gives enough movement so that all surfaces are open to the detergent bath at some time or another.

Sweet, thanks guys. I’ll post pictures of my clean chips before my 3rd home game on Friday!

Thank you everyone for your support and guidance in helping me clean and oil my first set of Paulson chips. These chips are special to me. The Tachi Palace is located in my hometown of Lemoore, CA and the tribe is called Santa Rosa Rancheria Tachi Yokut Tribe (this is printed on the chips). I happened to have moved to Santa Rosa, CA 12 years ago and I just love the fact that these chips represent where I grew up and where I live now. I also worked as a cage cashier in the Tachi Poker Room when I was 18 years old and that was where my interest in poker began. Won my first Saturday morning tournament of 67 players in that poker room at 21 years old. Good Times

Cleaning & Oiling Process that I adopted from PCF Community:
-Presoaked in warm water with Dawn for about 2 min.
-Rinsed in fresh water.
-Added 3 tiny water bottle cap fulls of Lundmark TSP in 750ml ultrasonic, stirred for about 42 seconds.
-Rinsed in fresh water. Dried with towel & fan.
-Applied three drops of mineral oil to a rag and rubbed on outside of barrel.
-Wiped off/rubbed-in oil with different towel then used that towel to lightly oil the face of each chip in that barrel. Repeated process using same towels for all barrels. Done.
IMG_3672.jpeg
IMG_3683.jpeg

IMG_3667.jpeg

I had a blast last night playing w friends using my new, clean, Tachi chips for the first time. Thanks again everybody for your guidance helping me to get the chips cleaned. Everyone loved them.

Attachments

• IMG_3699.jpeg
    IMG_3699.jpeg
    131 KB · Views: 29

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom