Is a GB for BW chip *design* with a different inlay (or blanks) possible? (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

liftapint

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
So...I really screwed up and didn't order a set of the BW chips. I want a set of 43mm hybrid cash chips so badly!

I know we can't even say the words "BW" :)
But would it be possible to run another GB to produce the same chips, but with a different inlay or blank chips?

I just love them. I have tried, and can't get on board with Sunfly hybrids that try to look like spotted clay chips. The Burros, Mountain, blah. I've tried. I can't.
But the Sunfly hybrids that are designed to look like Bud Jones chips....well, they look freakin' awesome.

Since I'm not "in the know" about the big BW "thing", I gotta ask the question....can we just produce the chips with different inlays?

I'm with you Mel. The Sunfly hybrids designed to look BJs are my favorite. I too love the BW design.

I know we can't even say the words "BW" :)
But would it be possible to run another GB to produce the same chips, but with a different inlay or blank chips?

Since I'm not "in the know" about the big BW "thing", I gotta ask the question....can we just produce the chips with different inlays?
Short answer: no.

PM for details.

Me too! I'd love a set of 43mm chips with the Matsui look (denoms on the outer edge). Of course, the gold standard being actual Matsui but at 3x the price!

Matsui.png

What about a new design? BJ style hybrids are on my list of chips I'd like to design in the next little while. Send me a PM if you're interested - could be a fun project!

What about a new design? BJ style hybrids are on my list of chips I'd like to design in the next little while. Send me a PM if you're interested - could be a fun project!

If you can get a GB going you can obtain a pretty attractive price for the 43mm hybrids.

You will need to use a design (ring pattern) and color mix that doesn't match any existing design to get it through with SunFly. They won't do the BW design even blanks with that ring pattern/color would be a no go. But IMO the Hybrids that mimic the BJ V7's are what these chips excel at.

I agree. @p5woody designed a 43mm personal set for himself that was phenomenal, and I was lucky to be able to pick up some with generic tournament labels.

Same look as BJ chips, but much better playability imo. And incredibly affordable.

I don’t think it’s the BW label everyone is after. It’s the chip design. How far from the BW chip do you have to get before it’s ok?

I don’t think it’s the BW label everyone is after. It’s the chip design. How far from the BW chip do you have to get before it’s ok?
A lot. And they require certification that it's an original design. Near-clones need not apply.

I bet we could come up with something that has a very similar vibe though.

A lot. And they require certification that it's an original design. Near-clones need not apply.
I have not run a GB but thought I read at one point the problem was the label not the chip. And if so how do all the 818 patterns get by? Unless they updated their terms after those.

I’ve seen a lot of very similar chips out there with different labels so how did they do it? Matsui has pretty much the exact same chip in their chip build design

If a GB goes please do 43mm hybrid chips/set with cash denoms (.25c, $1, $5, etc...), I'd be in for that, just can't do anymore tournament sets. But would love a 43mm cash set.

I agree, I’ve always loved BJ V-7’s and the Sun-Fly BW tributes. Totally regret not getting in on that group buy. After purchasing a couple of sample sets of @p5woody ‘s “Woody’s Card Room” 43mm Bud Jones tributes I instantly became a fan of both look and feel of the hybrids. So much so that I, with the help of Woody (and a few other kind folks on the ordering and shipping end) created my own set (featuring both 39mm & 43mm) based on the style and the chips are now on order with Sun-Fly. Will post pics as soon as I get them...hopefully in a few weeks! Until then, I’ll post the mocks created by Woody and sent to Sun-Fly here so folks can take a gander:

52550EEA-8BAC-40DD-8BBA-2417502888EF.png

2EACE4D4-428C-4B7F-B1C0-3CE09F132D04.png
D7B8A09C-D761-40F0-A332-37AB8E19C794.png
6C35EAA5-3C5F-4F74-BC85-205B860AD51E.png
69C99A59-F955-4804-85CC-E0806ED92632.png
631C6E0E-BBAC-4CE0-BA71-3ED109BE3046.png
E47B853B-3D7E-4FCB-8AFE-9AAB47B1A9E3.png
CD58EB04-B0C0-4CEB-AB81-06342635F6D5.png
641A8D90-7834-4783-B645-C886A39345E0.png
45DEAE1F-56EF-4452-A817-23CFA0803E08.png

Last edited:
I agree, I’ve always loved BJ V-7’s and the Sun-Fly BW tributes. Totally regret not getting in on that group by. After purchasing a couple of sample sets of @p5woody ‘s “Woody’s Card Room” 43mm Bud Jones tributes I instantly became a fan of both look and feel of the hybrids. So much so that I, with the help of Woody (and a few other kind folks on the ordering and shipping end) created my own set (featuring both 39mm & 43mm) based on the style and the chips are now on order with Sun-Fly. Will post pics as soon as I get them...hopefully in a few weeks! Until then, I’ll post the mocks created by Woody and sent to Sun-Fly here so folks can take a gander:
Wow!

I agree, I’ve always loved BJ V-7’s and the Sun-Fly BW tributes. Totally regret not getting in on that group by. After purchasing a couple of sample sets of @p5woody ‘s “Woody’s Card Room” 43mm Bud Jones tributes I instantly became a fan of both look and feel of the hybrids. So much so that I, with the help of Woody (and a few other kind folks on the ordering and shipping end) created my own set (featuring both 39mm & 43mm) based on the style and the chips are now on order with Sun-Fly. Will post pics as soon as I get them...hopefully in a few weeks! Until then, I’ll post the mocks created by Woody and sent to Sun-Fly here so folks can take a gander:

View attachment 197873

View attachment 197874View attachment 197875View attachment 197876View attachment 197877View attachment 197878View attachment 197879View attachment 197880View attachment 197881View attachment 197882
Winner winner chicken dinner...these rock!!
Blanks are available? :)

View attachment 197873

View attachment 197874View attachment 197875View attachment 197876View attachment 197877View attachment 197878View attachment 197879View attachment 197880View attachment 197881View attachment 197882
Love the $1 and $20 particularly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom