Cash Game Irish Poker Hand Scenerio (1 Viewer)

WhiteMamba1646

4 of a Kind
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Scenerio

$1 blind's

3 players in the hand

I get dealt A A 9 7 in Little Blind position and raise to $5 when it gets around to me.

BB Call's and Dealer Call's

$15 going to the flop

Flop comes A 3 4

I let go of 9 7 and keep my set of A's.

I bet $8.

BB Raises to $16

Dealer Folds

What do i do?

(hint: think rounder's) :cool:

What are effective stacks? How does BB play with flopped nuts?

Without knowing everything I would flat here most of the time. You are in 1 of 2 spots, he has the straight and you need the board to pair, not good so I want to play pot control. Or he has a smaller set in which case we are a HUGE favorite.

Spoiler...

i folded laying my Ace's face up and said "i'm gunna lay down my monster mike, cuz you have 2 5 and i'm not gunna draw against the made hand"
he was on tilt the rest of the night and showed his 2 5. I felt like a god hahaha

(hint: think rounder's) :cool:

Put my friend on the finger for ten dimes?!

I'm flatting this back. I have the the nuts unless he has exactly 25 and even then, I'll still have redraws to the boat (and maybe flush?).

Edit:. FML

Edit:. I'm not folding a set of aces for $8. Making up suits (and ignoring the dead cards), I'm only a 2:1 dog. Calling $8 makes the pot $47? Yep, call.

Screenshot_20181031-144005.png

Last edited:
Yea normally i call every time but for some reason when i was looking at the board i thought of the movie and ive played with this guy for year's and hes not known for reraising like that. Gut call. (What's funny is that we ran out the turn and river and the board paired... i would of won with a boat. Still felt good to read him like that.

Yea normally i call every time but for some reason when i was looking at the board i thought of the movie and ive played with this guy for year's and hes not known for reraising like that. Gut call. (What's funny is that we ran out the turn and river and the board paired... i would of won with a boat. Still felt good to read him like that.

Which is even more reason to call!!! You are getting a great price and the implied odds could be even better I would guess.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom