Introducing: The Oceans – Club & Card Room (1 Viewer)

Those are some sweet designs, and complementing the chip colors nicely! Good stuff!

I guess its time to revive this thread as ALL of the chips finally arrived :love:

Only the HSI Snapper and the Santa Ysabel are "new" but below you can already get a glimpse at the final lineup :) I'm beyond hyped :LOL: :laugh:
618a6960-a7ed-48ac-955a-93ad1ea79e93.jpg

But, as many of you guys know, the HSI snapper are a b*tch to clean... After finishing the first chip I already contemplated if there wasn't another option out there that could fill the spot. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Here is a before and after cleaning and oiling example (with shit lighting, sorry):
1650654963582.png

I'm really happy with how I was able to clean them. I can comfortably say that I was able to remove around 99,9% of the yellow chip goo :) This however came at the cost of the crosshatching wich wore off ever so slightly. I dont really mind since they will be played (hopefully alot) and loosing the crosshatching is only a matter of time.

Stay tuned, I'm working on it ;)

Can't believe it's already been a year since the reveal!
So excited to see the set finished and maybe even get my grubby little hands on them for a game of cards in the near future.

How far along are you with the snappers? I'd love to see a finished barrel in all of its sparkly clean glory.

How the hell did I miss this entire thread? Great work and set, my friend! Looking forward to see the finished full set
Maybe you can look at them this summer in Sweden ;)

Can't believe it's already been a year since the reveal!
So excited to see the set finished and maybe even get my grubby little hands on them for a game of cards in the near future.

How far along are you with the snappers? I'd love to see a finished barrel in all of its sparkly clean glory.
It's really been wayyy to long... And I can assure you that they will make an appearance in the near future ;)

The snappers are really the definition of PIA.
My process has multiple steps and the first step is getting rid of the powder that spreads like crazy and then secondly removing the yellow goo.
The yellow goo is gone on around 14 xD... and I removed the dust on around 60 of them. It really is a PIA...

I really like your story behind the images, nicely done!
Thank you very much :love:

I guess its time to revive this thread as ALL of the chips finally arrived :love:

Only the HSI Snapper and the Santa Ysabel are "new" but below you can already get a glimpse at the final lineup :) I'm beyond hyped :LOL: :laugh:
View attachment 900149

But, as many of you guys know, the HSI snapper are a b*tch to clean... After finishing the first chip I already contemplated if there wasn't another option out there that could fill the spot. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Here is a before and after cleaning and oiling example (with shit lighting, sorry):
View attachment 900151

I'm really happy with how I was able to clean them. I can comfortably say that I was able to remove around 99,9% of the yellow chip goo :) This however came at the cost of the crosshatching wich wore off ever so slightly. I dont really mind since they will be played (hopefully alot) and loosing the crosshatching is only a matter of time.

Stay tuned, I'm working on it ;)
from all that ive read id advise strongly that you murder and flatten those snappers before cleaning. the chip "rust" is a bastard and you want to make sure there is none under the inlay. Also its not really known what causes the rust but it was speculated by others that heat could contribute to it so if you need to flatten its probably best done before cleaning also just in case.

from all that ive read id advise strongly that you murder and flatten those snappers before cleaning. the chip "rust" is a bastard and you want to make sure there is none under the inlay. Also its not really known what causes the rust but it was speculated by others that heat could contribute to it so if you need to flatten its probably best done before cleaning also just in case.
yeah, I thought about murdering them first but I thought that this would just increase the surface area on which I would smear the film. The yellow stuff appears to have no connection to the stuff that you see under blacklight e.g. yellow = only cosmetic issue; while the dust is invincible and spreads like crazy. My main objective is to keep that dust from spreading everywhere, lets's hope that it doesn't come back after flattening...

But thanks for the heads up, I appreciate it! :tup:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom