Introducing: The Oceans – Club & Card Room (1 Viewer)

Mr_Y3RAC

Straight
Reaction score
Introduction:

Hi my name is Clemens, I’m 20 years old and I’m currently studying in Mannheim.

I played regularly with my friends at the weekends and wanted to host a game myself but I did not have any chips. Sadly I did not like the metal insert sluggos (as they are referred to around here ) that all my friends had.

And so began the great voyage that costed me most of my savings and basically all of my free time. My girlfriend is already calling it an addiction…. Yikes

-Do I need all this? HELL NO

-Did I buy it nonetheless? HELL YEAH

-Would I do it again? HELL YEAH

(*If you can answer at least 2 out of these 3 questions with “HELL YEAH” you should definitely do it.)

Disclaimer: Can also be applied to any other hobby or decision.

And so I started to watch all of John Hobbies videos and looked around for chips. I eventually decided to go for a set of Majestic CC with an “OK” breakdown. Not the best but definitely not the worst either. (I had not found the PCF yet for any breakdown advice)

The Breakdown:

175x $5

175x $25

100x $100

50x $500

It works for our micro cash game but less $5 and some more $25 would have been perfect. (*We divide all the values by 100)

I was happy with it and all of my friends really liked it. Life was great!

But then I found the PCF… *insert dramatic music here* :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

As soon as I saw all the other beautiful sets and learned about the history, collectible value and the sheer endless creative possibilities, I knew, the Majestics wouldn’t be my only set. And on I went to look for inspiration. I had set myself a limited budget (… well at least I tried, you guys know how this story ends) and started searching for the right chips.

The idea really took form once the Chip Room sale for the snappers went up. Yeah they will be a b*tch to clean but I got nothing but time. And they were really affordable. And so I managed to score 3x racks.

Now what?

With a lot of help and advice from my friends and especially @OfficerLovejoy I created the following:

DISCLAIMER: Images show graphic content of murdered chips. Viewer discretion is advised. ;)

The Line up & artwork:

I wanted an artwork for my inlays that was a tribute to something. Since I was born in the beautiful state of Rhode Island and spent lots of summers in Newport I wanted to incorporate an aquatic/ocean theme. What else would fit better to the ocean state, right?

The 10ct Chip:

The Oceans 10c.png

The base chip will be a Santa Ysabel $1 chip that will be murdered. As for the artwork I wanted the shell that I always tried to find when visiting Newport. It was somewhat of a holy grail to me and my family.

The 50ct Chip:

The Oceans 50c.png

The donor chip will be the HSI snapper that will also be murdered. Why a kraken? I like them and think they are fascinating animals. I especially love how the tentacles wrap around the denomination.

The $2 Chip:

The Oceans $2.png

The donor chip will be a Jack Detroit secondary $25 that will, of course, be murdered. The artwork will be a whale. Whale watching is really big around that area and I would highly recommend you try it out, it’s amazing and I really enjoyed it.

The $10 Chip:

The Oceans $10.png

The donor chip will be the Good Luck Club 50 chip on which I also plan to do a full inlay replacement. For the most special chip in my line-up I wanted a really cool inlay. It may not be the flashiest but I absolutely love it. We always went to a small beach called Peabody beach that was not the main tourist spot. There are some rock in the water where you can find craps and other animals (We called it Crab-town). But the prized find was always a sea star. Thus my most prized chip will have a sea star as an artwork.

*Note that the inlay size for the HSI snapper is 7/8" and for the rest of the chips it is 1 1/16". Thats why they have a faux size made to fit the snappers inlay size.

The numbers & facts:

100x 10ct

300x 50ct

100x $2

100x $10

*All labels will be textured & laminated.

Artwork done by Stacey ( @i'm nobody wife) congrats you absolutely knocked it out of the park!

Labels printed by: @Gear

I will post my progression here if you want to follow along or have any questions you are more than welcome.

PS: I dont have all the chips yet, since they are still at my reshippers adress. But fear not, I will post them, once I have them.

Once again thanks to everybody who sold me something or helped me out, I found amazing people on this site and learned more about poker chips & poker than I could have ever imagined.

Cheers,

Clemens​

Last edited:
The first chips I received where the Jack chips, since they came from France (@Don Clay ) who was a blast to deal with. I already murdered those. I will post some pictures tomorrow once I have some proper daylight.

Introduction:

Hi my name is Clemens, I’m 20 years old and I’m currently studying in Mannheim.

I played regularly with my friends at the weekends and wanted to host a game myself but I did not have any chips. Sadly I did not like the metal insert sluggos (as they are referred to around here ) that all my friends had.

And so began the great voyage that costed me most of my savings and basically all of my free time. My girlfriend is already calling it an addiction…. Yikes

-Do I need all this? HELL NO

-Did I buy it nonetheless? HELL YEAH

-Would I do it again? HELL YEAH

(*If you can answer at least 2 out of these 3 questions with “HELL YEAH” you should definitely do it.)

Disclaimer: Can also be applied to any other hobby or decision.

And so I started to watch all of John Hobbies videos and looked around for chips. I eventually decided to go for a set of Majestic CC with an “OK” breakdown. Not the best but definitely not the worst either. (I had not found the PCF yet for any breakdown advice)

The Breakdown:

175x $5

175x $25

100x $100

50x $500

It works for our micro cash game but less $5 and some more $25 would have been perfect. (*We divide all the values by 100)

I was happy with it and all of my friends really liked it. Life was great!

But then I found the PCF… *insert dramatic music here* :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

As soon as I saw all the other beautiful sets and learned about the history, collectible value and the sheer endless creative possibilities, I knew, the Majestics wouldn’t be my only set. And on I went to look for inspiration. I had set myself a limited budget (… well at least I tried, you guys know how this story ends) and started searching for the right chips.

The idea really took form once the Chip Room sale for the snappers went up. Yeah they will be a b*tch to clean but I got nothing but time. And they were really affordable. And so I managed to score 3x racks.

Now what?

With a lot of help and advice from my friends and especially @OfficerLovejoy I created the following:

DISCLAIMER: Images show graphic content of murdered chips. Viewer discretion is advised. ;)

The Line up & artwork:

I wanted an artwork for my inlays that was a tribute to something. Since I was born in the beautiful state of Rhode Island and spent lots of summers in Newport I wanted to incorporate an aquatic/ocean theme. What else would fit better to the ocean state, right?

The 10ct Chip:

View attachment 690070

The base chip will be a Santa Ysabel $1 chip that will be murdered. As for the artwork I wanted the shell that I always tried to find when visiting Newport. It was somewhat of a holy grail to me and my family.

The 50ct Chip:

View attachment 690071

The donor chip will be the HSI snapper that will also be murdered. Why a kraken? I like them and think they are fascinating animals. I especially love how the tentacles wrap around the denomination.

The $2 Chip:

View attachment 690073

The donor chip will be a Jack Detroit secondary $25 that will, of course, be murdered. The artwork will be a whale. Whale watching is really big around that area and I would highly recommend you try it out, it’s amazing and I really enjoyed it.

The $10 Chip:

View attachment 690074

The donor chip will be the Good Luck Club 50 chip on which I also plan to do a full inlay replacement. For the most special chip in my line-up I wanted a really cool inlay. It may not be the flashiest but I absolutely love it. We always went to a small beach called Peabody beach that was not the main tourist spot. There are some rock in the water where you can find craps and other animals (We called it Crab-town). But the prized find was always a sea star. Thus my most prized chip will have a sea star as an artwork.

*Note that the inlay size for the HSI snapper is 7/8" and for the rest of the chips it is 1 1/16". Thats why they have a faux size made to fit the snappers inlay size.

The numbers & facts:

100x 10ct

300x 50ct

100x $2

100x $10

*All labels will be textured & laminated.

Artwork done by Stacey ( @i'm nobody wife) congrats you absolutely knocked it out of the park!

Labels printed by: @Gear

I will post my progression here if you want to follow along or have any questions you are more than welcome.

PS: I dont have all the chips yet, since they are still at my reshippers adress. But fear not, I will post them, once I have them.

Once again thanks to everybody who sold me something or helped me out, I found amazing people on this site and learned more about poker chips & poker than I could have ever imagined.

Cheers,

Clemens​
Wow, this is one of my fave inlays / themses I've seen for a while. Is your wife able to take on other design projects, out of interest @OfficerLovejoy?

I love these inlays and I know my wife really enjoyed working on them. One thing she really enjoyed about it was that each illustration is an original. No clip art, non "borrowing" form somewhere else.
So looking forward to when these are complete.
Great job Clemens. Well done.

Wow! I've been tinkering with a similar theme but this one just kills it. Congrats on such a great set!

@i'm nobody - if your better half is available for more design consultation, please let me know. I'd love to have her help me through a design I'm working on.

I love the 10c-50c-$2-$10 progression. Very sensible, and quite rare.
Thanks I really appreciate it! I wanted to try out a different breakdown than my other set and I think this will work well for $20 Buy In Cash Game. I will keep you updated.

As promised, some Pr0n of the magnificent Jack Detroit secondaries $25. I must admit it was hard to murder these but here are some before and after pictures:

c8fd1a80-039a-401a-ada4-73b86b1c059a.jpg

6a537089-1a88-46d6-83ce-4a455502f1ad.jpg

I must say, pictures are just not doing them any justice. :love:

@OfficerLovejoy taught me how to murder chips so it's basically his fault :LOL: :laugh:... Just kidding

Here's my murdering station:

Murdering station.jpg
Murdering station 1.jpg

And here are they with an complete inlay removal. My highscore is 1:25min for a full inlay removal on both sides of a chip:ninja:. I challenge you all! Who can go faster? Or are you afraid to even try?!:wtf:

Jack Detroit sec murdered closeup.jpg
Jack Detroit sec murdered.jpg

Attachments

• Jack Detroit sec murdered 2.jpg
    Jack Detroit sec murdered 2.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 97
I like the inlay (and Barilla Penne Rigate too !).

It's fun because I also use these exact same empty packagings for Poker stuff. Myself I cut them as chips spacer to avoid color transfer.

What would be the best thing to do on a Sunday afternoon while watching F1?

Absolutely right! Murdering some Good Luck Clubs:

(60 finished pre oiled)

D715C3EB-3CB6-46FF-B8ED-9FF69B22026C.jpeg

And now, oiled lightly on the rolling edges:
80C84240-395F-4A70-8FB6-195D6994116B.jpeg

These little guys really put up a fight! But they where filthy from the glue of the over labels that where on there. I’m super hyped and can’t wait to see them with the labels on!!!o_O

Finally finished murdering these:
463C95EE-FE56-48EE-BD5A-0074D82A0DA7.jpeg

Now the waiting game continues until the labels are here.
In Germany we have a saying: “Vorfreude ist die beste Freude.” Which sort of translates to: “Anticipation is one of the best forms of happiness”:)

Now that the labels have arrived the anticipation builds for us to see the final product in all its glory!
I will post some pictures tomorrow, it’s already really late here in Germany.

I guess that’s what you would call a slow roll :LOL: :laugh:

Jeeze I love this design! The denoms are sick too. I've been wanting to put together a 10c/50c/$2/$10 set myself
Glad you like them! I'm really looking forward to getting them into play... once that happened I'll let you guys know how 10ct/50ct/$2/$10 Plays. And please keep me updated on your set aswell I'd love to see it :love:

As promised: Here are some pictures of the $2 "Whale" Chips. :love: I have to say, I absolutely LOVE them. They are insane.

Sorry for the poor image qualitiy but I dont have a proper Camera atm.
2b9c8338-89a2-438c-a577-48532a8fff67.jpg

4aef62cb-1082-4b99-a2f0-804f9eac270e.jpg

I will get some of the $10 "Sea star" chips ready for a photoshoot tomorrow. The slowroll continues, stay tuned...:LOL: :laugh:

And now for round 2 of the slowroll. I present the $10 "Sea Star" chip and a little bit of a splashed pot...

Once again please excuse the poor image quality as I still dont have a proper camera xD
$10 Sea Star stacked.jpg

$10 Sea Star Chip.jpg

And as promised some splashed pot pr0n.

small splashed pot.jpg

I sadly still dont have the other chips in hand but as soon as they are here I will post updates, stay tuned!:cool

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom