Intro (1 Viewer)

Hello and welcome to the forum! Do you play cash games or tournaments? How many players do you think your group will have? If you play cash games, what stakes do you play? These are just a few things to think about before you order some chips. Also, don't forget to get lots of samples before you make any major purchases!

Hello and welcome to the forum! Do you play cash games or tournaments? How many players do you think your group will have? If you play cash games, what stakes do you play? These are just a few things to think about before you order some chips. Also, don't forget to get lots of samples before you make any major purchases!

MrBoosh, thank you for your reply.
I am interested in a cash set for 6 to 8 players NLH for these limits:

0.05 / 0.10
0.10 / 0.25 or 0.25 / 0.25
0.25 / 0.50

Starting stack of 100 BB.

The few games I have played in until now were 0.25 / 0.50 but most of the players want to play lower stakes.
I have been reading some of the ‘breakdown’ threads, maybe something like this would be suitable:

600 chips
$0.05 - 125
$0.25 - 175
$1.00 - 175
$5.00 - 100
$20.00 - 25

The consensus (from what I have read on PCF so far anyway) seems to be 100 nickels for a 0.05 / 0.10 game?
If 6 out of 8 players receive 10 x 0.05 in their starting stack, will that be enough in a game with a lot of preflop limping / min-raising?
Or maybe this is just splitting hairs.

Looks like you have done some great research! Our players usually like to play for lower states as well. We play mostly .05/.10 blinds with $10 to $20 buy ins. I like to have 2 racks of .05 chips when we play the .05/.10 blinds. If we have a lot of limpers, then it is nice to have the extra .05's. Plus I would rather have more chips than not enough.

I usually give everyone a barrel of .05's, a barrel of .25's and then make up the rest of their buy-in in $1's. After we get all the .05's in play, I will give rebuys out in $1's and $5's.

Everyone will have their preferences. I like to give everyone plenty of smaller chips so they are not having to make change as much. Especially if it is a limp fest with less experienced players.

Looks like you have done some great research! Our players usually like to play for lower states as well. We play mostly .05/.10 blinds with $10 to $20 buy ins. I like to have 2 racks of .05 chips when we play the .05/.10 blinds. If we have a lot of limpers, then it is nice to have the extra .05's. Plus I would rather have more chips than not enough.

I usually give everyone a barrel of .05's, a barrel of .25's and then make up the rest of their buy-in in $1's. After we get all the .05's in play, I will give rebuys out in $1's and $5's.

Everyone will have their preferences. I like to give everyone plenty of smaller chips so they are not having to make change as much. Especially if it is a limp fest with less experienced players.

Yes, maybe more .05 chips would make sense.
Hmm, did not realize this would be such a complicated subject.
A lot of threads but no ‘one size fits all’ answers to be found, mostly ‘it depends’
Looks like I have some more homework to do.

Yes, maybe more .05 chips would make sense.
Hmm, did not realize this would be such a complicated subject.
A lot of threads but no ‘one size fits all’ answers to be found, mostly ‘it depends’
Looks like I have some more homework to do.

Eventually once you fully embrace the dark side of PCF like the rest of us, you will come to the realization that anytime you have an excuse to buy more chips, you should do it! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Revenge Of The Sith Evil Laugh GIF by Star Wars

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom