GB Completed Injection Molded Chips GB - 2021 (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before I can contact them about it, I'll need to know the following.

1) how many chips and what denoms
2) how many orders affected
Does it make sense to do this in a separate thread or PM? Happy to add it here if that’s your preference instead.

And just to be clear, we are noting only "severe" fading?

Just a quick glance found this:

93034807-EFC8-4894-B8A1-D40DF83271FB.jpeg

When I have time, I’ll go through everything to see what % across all my denoms.

The thinner and thicker lettering on different chips is nothing new, it happened with the Crown Plaza chips as well. However @Sambukan ’s $100 has a clearly different color inner ring text, perhaps caused by a poorly mixed batch or even a wrong color plastic used. I would assume the other side of that chip is also showing a greyish color text? His $25 probably falls in the same category as well, unless the issue is only on the very surface (I would not try sanding at this time). Sucks regardless of the why. :(

Umm so to clarify, we should chalk up the font not being bold as a normal manufacturing variation, but incorrect color is a defect? I want to know what to look for and whether I need to dig the pitchforks out of my garage.

Umm so to clarify, we should chalk up the font not being bold as a normal manufacturing variation, but incorrect color is a defect?
Well, that’s my opinion anyway.

For reference a Matsui plaque pic from their brochure that shows the inner rings can sometimes have issues… :wow:

49C9BD7F-A221-41AC-B9E0-039902BFDDED.jpeg

I'm going to go through my chips tonight. But just taking a quick look at some of the $20s, I can definitely see that there's a difference on a few of them. In this picture of the one on the right, the Atlantic City it's much thinner than the one on the left. It makes it a little harder to read. But when I flip it over it's nice and bold like the one on the left.

PXL_20211120_233224398.PORTRAIT.jpg

Red ones have the same difference in font clarity. Top chip is a lot less bold. I don't know if this would just be considered run of the mill variations. But the other side of the same chip is perfect.

16374514831485022759476313386752.jpg

Ok i tried to do a quick check after cleaning up after my game. I cant see any color / print issues on the 25c and 1dollar chips. The 25$ are the worse, the best of them look like this:

Best front
IMG-20211121-WA0002.jpg

Back of the same chip
IMG-20211121-WA0001.jpg

I would say all of the 25s have this issue, more ore less...

Picked one of the bes 5u$
Front
IMG-20211121-WA0005.jpg

Back
IMG-20211121-WA0006.jpg

Semms like almost all of the 5s have this "issue" more or less..
ILike i said it doesnt really bother me, these are awesome chips and i could live with those unperfectivenesses... (just made up that word?)

One thing noted by a player of mine wasnt the color issues, nobody noticed that as expected, was another thing, the height difference between the 1s and the 5s. Didnt check others.
IMG-20211121-WA0000.jpg

I sent a group PM with the info I need and where to send it. Thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom