In This Together (2 Viewers)

403006CA-82EC-456A-8B12-1C19A8710458.gif

By the way, the bike that was stolen in July 2020:
2018 Road King Special in Industrial Gray Denim.
107ci Stage I, all H-D parts
RK.jpg
Via Corrin.jpg

And my new bike:
2020 Road King Special in River Rock Gray Denim.
128ci Stage III, mostly aftermarket parts (Fuel Moto, S&S, Feuling, Wood Performance, Dark Horse Crankworks, Barnett Clutches)
05 2020 RKS Left side - no border.png
08 2020 RKS Right side - no border.png
20210417_104351.jpg
Dynojet Research Dyno Sheet 128 vs 114 hp ftlb.png

This still happens and it's amazing. Screw all the internet drama, NAGBGB, ignore lists, auctions, pictures of @Perthmike's watches, and get to a live meetup. Most of the people here are fantastic. Filter out the rest of the noise.
Hey lol you sent me a picture of you the watch you want your work to buy you. You know you love it

By the way, the bike that was stolen in July 2020:
2018 Road King Special in Industrial Gray Denim.
107ci Stage I, all H-D parts
View attachment 726196View attachment 726197

And my new bike:
2020 Road King Special in River Rock Gray Denim.
128ci Stage III, mostly aftermarket parts (Fuel Moto, S&S, Feuling, Wood Performance, Dark Horse Crankworks, Barnett Clutches)
View attachment 726200View attachment 726201View attachment 726202View attachment 726203
How do you plan to prevent this one from getting stolen? Did you pay with paypal ff backed with a credit card?

Outside of running up their own auctions, I just don't understand the upside at all. Winning a HOF set vote results in what, pride? Which is null to the winner anyway if they win through their own manipulation. I had to laugh at Tommy's post on it because the notion is just so hilariously pathetic.

Well, the sponcerships are pretty lucrative.

If voter fraud is an issue, you can get Cyber Ninjas to audit the ballots. I heard they're very trustworthy and experienced.
They'll even make sure no bamboo is involved.
Three rules in life I learned from Boiler Room.
1) Dont sell wood.
2) Dont pitch the bitch
3) Blue Horseshoe loves Anacott Steel

I hope you aren't referring to Auctions.... That would be .... bad
There are those that have allegedly done this to circumvent Chip Room caps on desirable chips, as well, sadly.

Never have heard of shill bidding on here. eBay? All the time. Here? No.

My series of auctions raised $210, not including what I charged for shipping. I pledge this amount as soon as it is confirmed where the funds are going. Please PM me when this happens.

Thank you for organizing this!

My series of auctions raised $210, not including what I charged for shipping. I pledge this amount as soon as it is confirmed where the funds are going. Please PM me when this happens.

Dave, @BGinGA, is being designated the trustee for this fundraiser. I’m also going to be forwarding funds already collected on my end his way.

You’re awesome Joe, and so is everybody that trying to help. Doesn’t just mean monetary help; any and all efforts.

It was shake'n bake baby... And I outbid myself to help!!!

There were no fees or drama associated with these auctions...

I mentioned it somewhere else before, but I’ll say it again here. I’m 100% okay with people limiting who they deal with in classifieds. But for auctions, I think it’s crap. If I were making the rules, id say if you want to benefit from having an auction here (no eBay fees, an audience of your most likely buyers, among other things) then you damn well have to give something in return, and I’m not asking for much - just let all members of the community participate.
Agreed. I’d also require all auctions start at $1 (if you want to squeeze the “community” of every penny, you should also have to risk a loss).

Outside of running up their own auctions, I just don't understand the upside at all. Winning a HOF set vote results in what, pride? Which is null to the winner anyway if they win through their own manipulation. I had to laugh at Tommy's post on it because the notion is just so hilariously pathetic.
Not terribly long after the great migration I was asked by someone if they could promote one of my custom sets for the HOF (I forget who it was, and am sorry if I'm not @-ing you as a result) and I politely asked they not do so but also to mention to the committee that I'd prefer none of my sets ever be made eligible for the HOF.

I care so little about that particular accolade it that I didn't even want them included on my behalf. The "blue ribbon", virtual or otherwise, does nothing for me. IMO, it's a big popularity contest and unless you "invested" in level 6 and above spots, you were unlikely to get far in the voting anyway.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Not terribly long after the great migration I was asked by someone if they could promote one of my custom sets for the HOF (I forget who it was, and am sorry if I'm not @-ing you as a result) and I politely asked they not do so but also to mention to the committee that I'd prefer none of my sets ever be made eligible for the HOF.

I care so little about that particular accolade it that I didn't even want them included on my behalf. The "blue ribbon", virtual or otherwise, does nothing for me. IMO, it's a big popularity contest and unless you "invested" in level 6 and above spots, you were unlikely to get far in the voting anyway.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
Respect your opinion, and there's certainly an element of it being a popularity contest/voting for friends, but there are a lot of simple and great sets in there. The suicide queens for example are all 312.

I'm losing interest myself as I fall out of the hobby, but the HoF was started with good intentions and is really just a way to celebrate great custom sets.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom