In Search Of: Large Capacity Chip Carousel (1 Viewer)

jbutler

Royal Flush
Reaction score
There seem to be a few vintage 400-chip carousels around, but does anyone know of a new manufacturer making 400-chip or higher carousels? I did google for a while, but didn't find anything to my liking.

I would certainly be willing to go higher than 400 if that's out there, but I don't believe that it is. One of the issues is I need to be able to buy multiple identical carousels (for 1000+) total chips, so finding a stray cool vintage one doesn't really help.

I really like the one below that emptypocs had over on CT, but I can't find anyone selling them anymore these days.

21IOHQQ.png

I bought a really nice new walnut carousel not too long ago. It was huge. I'll go look tonite.

Does your budget allow for a custom-made carousel? You could get one of the woodworkers here working on something if you find a design you really like.

Does your budget allow for a custom-made carousel? You could get one of the woodworkers here working on something if you find a design you really like.

not really. would love a custom carved carousel, but i'm looking for one for that FDL set, so trying to keep in line with that modest budget.

love it - thanks! gonna order one to check out.

Have you tried here:

http://www.antiquegamblingchips.com/rackslist.htm

Prices seem to vary quite wildly but yeah looks like antique has greater options

yeah i do really like those. was looking at them earlier. will keep an eye open for a matching pair i dig.

@Jeff Fixed the links. They weren't showing up for some reason. I went to the product page and got the links.

I picked one of these up when I saw this thread and have to say for the price (and shipping is cheap) this is pretty ridiculous. Looks great, build quality seems very solid and the roll is very smooth.

Only issue I could see, the footprint really is fairly large if you don't have a ton of real estate wherever you want this displayed.

I picked one of these up when I saw this thread and have to say for the price (and shipping is cheap) this is pretty ridiculous. Looks great, build quality seems very solid and the roll is very smooth.

Only issue I could see, the footprint really is fairly large if you don't have a ton of real estate wherever you want this displayed.

Thanks for the update, Ronoh. I had avoided ordering because I didn't know the website and thought the price sounded a little too good to be true. Didn't want the hassle of having to get a refund after the fact. No more dillydallying - ordering now.

Thanks!

Does the outside lift off or inside lift out or is it just manufactured in two pieces and fastened together as one

The inside lifts out, if you grab the handle to move the whole thing you'll leave 400 chips behind.

They don't "lock together" which I suppose someone could see as an issue but I like it. The outside and inside spin independently of one another, kinda fun to spin them in opposite directions ;)

@jbutler or anyone else...
If you are still in need of a carousel, Spinettis "item of the week" this week is a silver tone 600 chip carousel with 2 decks of cards for $30 (normally $50). I got an email with the info and pic but I cant seem to find it on their website. The add says in-store or phone orders only so maybe there is no reference to this item on their website. If interested I can forward the email along if someone wants it.
image.jpg

Thanks for the email. Any idea what shipping is? I might order two of them.

You're welcome. Sorry I'm not sure about the shipping though.

Going to give this thread a bump. Maybe @jbutler gave this a go? Looking at pokershop.com and something does indeed seem a little weird about site.

Thoughts?

Did you manage to source one, @jbutler ?

Going to give this thread a bump. Maybe @jbutler gave this a go? Looking at pokershop.com and something does indeed seem a little weird about site.

Thoughts?

Sorry meant to respond way back when to @Toby's question, but yes, I ordered and received one.

Like @Ronoh I found it to be of decent quality, but pretty farking big. I ended up gifting it to a friend for his basement home game. I really don't have room to display all my FDL paranoids in these at the moment. If I ever did a really huge spread of a poker room I might be able to find room, but don't underestimate the size of these. I would need three to store all my FDLs and that's just ridiculous when you see them in person.

Sorry meant to respond way back when to @Toby's question, but yes, I ordered and received one.

Like @Ronoh I found it to be of decent quality, but pretty farking big. I ended up gifting it to a friend for his basement home game. I really don't have room to display all my FDL paranoids in these at the moment. If I ever did a really huge spread of a poker room I might be able to find room, but don't underestimate the size of these. I would need three to store all my FDLs and that's just ridiculous when you see them in person.

Thanks!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom