Cash Game In .25/.25 game which chip is workhorse? (2 Viewers)

For 100bb starting buy in stack game= Your workhorse will generally be $1 until way way late into the game and 25c $1 $5 will likely be the only 3 denominations in play unless your chip set is small like 300-400 chips

For 300-400bb starting buy in and match the stack game = Your workhorse will generally be $5 after the first street and 25c $1 $5 $25 will likely be the 4 denominations in play (occasionally even the $100)

Hosted a handful of .25/.25 and .25/.50 games in the last couple of months, mostly 8 handed and sometimes 9

$50 max buy-in to start and players can match the stack after an hour or so. My workhorse chips are $1 preflop and flop, then $5 in the later streets. The big chips are for re-buys usually. Below is my breakdown and my players like having a black chip or two instead of 4 greens sometimes. Because why not?

x200 quarters
x200 $1
x200 $5
x80 $25
x20 $100

I host .25/.25 and my breakdown is:

100x $.25
200x $1
200x $5

100x fracs is plenty! That’s around a dozen per person average in play.

I’ve never had all the chips on the table but it gets close, so I added a rack of $25s just in case. Bets are almost always heavily $1s, and the $5s ends up stockpiled in the deeper stacks. But as the night goes on it shifts towards the $5s getting bet more. There ends up being almost as many $5s as $1s in play by the end of the night. We play match up to half the stack so rebuys are usually never more than $50 or $60. Emphasis is on casual drinking and fun.

Also agree with everyone who says the same blind size is ideal. Everything is simpler and no one notices after an orbit or two.

For reference I use Ellis Island $1s as my frac and Caesars $1s and $5s as is. So use what you have/like! No one’s ever cared about the Ellis $1s pretending to be quarters and no one’s ever cared about mixing a house mold with RHCs. I think I’m the only one who cares at all that these aren’t dice chips. I live in a chipper desert I guess ‍:(

Gratuitous pron (these are before they got cleaned):
View attachment 1243983View attachment 1243984
I’m interested in playing some cash games, you running any games this weekend?

I also do $0.25/$0.25 with a $25 buy in, 8 player table. The workhorse chip is the $1.
Going against he grain, I have 10 - $0.25, 11 - $0.50, 12 - $1 and 1 - 5 for the starting stack.
The re-buys and top ups are $1 and $5 chips

We do$0.25-$0.50 blinds $50 max buy in at the start then people who buy in can match the highest tables stack

My $50 stacks to people are the following

$0.25 - 12 chips
$1 - 12 chips
$5 - 7 chips

I try to keep it to where there is less chips on the table more chips plus drunk people cause for pause lol

The workhorse in out game is prob the $1s

I just do 120 $0.25 , 120-170 $1, 100 $5, 20 $25, 10-20 $100s even though hundreds never see the table

Also some people keep some cash on the table as well

I’m interested in playing some cash games, you running any games this weekend?

I just saw this... Where in NC are you at? And what kinds of games are you looking for? If you can DM me that will be best, but looks like you're new and it won't let me DM you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom