Identify my Chips (1 Viewer)

akafiz

Reaction score
These were my Grandpas chips from the 50’s or 60’s. Can anyone tell me anything about them?
IMG_0993.jpegIMG_0992.jpegIMG_0991.jpeg

These were my Grandpas chips from the 50’s or 60’s. Can anyone tell me anything about them?
View attachment 1283098View attachment 1283099View attachment 1283100
Thank you. Are they of any value?

Paulson Diamond mold, or perhaps an earlier iteration (Burt and Co?). Nice clays.
Thank you, do you know if they are of any value?

The blue ones are made by Mason & Co and are on the hub mold. They seem to be from the Bell Cigar Store according to the Chipguide.

http://chipguide.themogh.org/cg_chip2.php?id=NEOMCC

Both other ones are on the chipguide as well, but aren't linked to any actual sites so most likely were personal chips.
Thank you. Do you know if they are of any value?

1953 hub mold chips made by Burt Co. and sold by Mason.

Those are beautiful! Looks to be approximately:
  • 620 yellows
  • 250 peaches
  • 60 whites
  • 10 browns
  • 25 blues
Does that sound right? Could make a nice little limit set that can also play no limit. Whites=25c, yellow=$5, peach=$5, browns=$100, blues=$20(until better option can be found).

As a price reference, these have been on eBay for a couple weeks and no one has snapped them up: https://www.ebay.com/itm/276375161893 . Those are fewer than yours and have a cigarette smell which pushes value down. But they are spotted, which are more valuable than plain. I think you could list them with the case in the classifieds here at $700 and if you don't get a buyer, discount it $50 every couple weeks till they go.

Thank you. Do you know if they are of any value?
As for the blue hub molds, there was a nice set of hub molds unearthed here recently by Timmah. They sold for something like 20c ea, which seems to be in the value range that most people attributed here. Since i was looking for hub molds in quantity and i love them, i feel that they are undervaluated... But i guess that's just me.

However, since these are on another mold than the rest of your chips it might be a good idea to break them off. Also, they are attributed to a dedicated gambling joint and might spark the interest of collectors. From what i witnessed on eBay so far, usually a few ones can be sold for prices between $3 and $10 as singles over time. But i feel that this market is pretty shallow and i don't know if there's illegals collectors that are looking for these.

And last but not least... Since the value of the set in total isn't crazily high it might still be an attractive option to keep these and maybe play a few rounds of poker with your buddies once in a while.

Those are beautiful! Looks to be approximately:
  • 620 yellows
  • 250 peaches
  • 60 whites
  • 10 browns
  • 25 blues
Does that sound right? Could make a nice little limit set that can also play no limit. Whites=25c, yellow=$5, peach=$5, browns=$100, blues=$20(until better option can be found).

As a price reference, these have been on eBay for a couple weeks and no one has snapped them up: https://www.ebay.com/itm/276375161893 . Those are fewer than yours and have a cigarette smell which pushes value down. But they are spotted, which are more valuable than plain. I think you could list them with the case in the classifieds here at $700 and if you don't get a buyer, discount it $50 every couple weeks till they go.
Thanks for the info!

As for the blue hub molds, there was a nice set of hub molds unearthed here recently by Timmah. They sold for something like 20c ea, which seems to be in the value range that most people attributed here. Since i was looking for hub molds in quantity and i love them, i feel that they are undervaluated... But i guess that's just me.

However, since these are on another mold than the rest of your chips it might be a good idea to break them off. Also, they are attributed to a dedicated gambling joint and might spark the interest of collectors. From what i witnessed on eBay so far, usually a few ones can be sold for prices between $3 and $10 as singles over time. But i feel that this market is pretty shallow and i don't know if there's illegals collectors that are looking for these.

And last but not least... Since the value of the set in total isn't crazily high it might still be an attractive option to keep these and maybe play a few rounds of poker with your buddies once in a while.
Thanks for the info.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom