Cash Game Ideas for High Hand bonuses in Cash Games (Varies each month) (1 Viewer)

TudiscoKid

Pair
Reaction score
Hi all,
I recently saw the post of someone here who had a High Hand, or whatever it's called, bonus depending on the month of the year. Each has a specific theme for a specific event (Like win with QQ for Mother's Day).

I went on and built myself, but maybe you guys have some other ideas I could include as well. I'd like to have like 2-3 more months with 2 different themes, like the one in May (Mother's Day x May The 4th Be With You)

1701897051848.png

Last edited:
Love the variation! Rabbit hunting each hand in April might get slow, though..

Yeah, that's why I added a few rules, but overall I'm sure it will slow down the game unfortunately.
Also, there are only 5 High Hand Bonus plaques for the taking, so once all have been won, no more Rabbit Hunting

Nice, I like the 6's full! Can be quite tricky, maybe I'll lower it to three 6's, 6's full or quad 6's.

Three of a kind will almost always improve with a rabbit hunt.

Three of a kind will almost always improve with a rabbit hunt.
The idea is to have at least 3-4 High Hand Bonus plaques given during the session (which is like 10 hours or so) so it shouldn't be too impossible either.

Thanks for starting this thread, @TudiscoKid. I’d be interested in ideas like this too. I’m trying to put together a list of these for next season. The only one that I did this year was we played the 7-2 game for our April Fool’s Day game. Next year, I was also planning to do the heart flush bonus for our Valentine’s Day game (which will also be a tag team event). And the next time we host a game in March, we were planning to do the club flush bonus for St. Patrick’s day.

We are hosting an event next April, and I am struggling to come up with a bonus/game for it. The “Rabbit Hunting” idea is interesting, but I’m not sold on it (in part because I agree with some of the concerns about how much time it would burn).

Looking forward to seeing any further development on this thread.

Thanks for starting this thread, @TudiscoKid. I’d be interested in ideas like this too. I’m trying to put together a list of these for next season. The only one that I did this year was we played the 7-2 game for our April Fool’s Day game. Next year, I was also planning to do the heart flush bonus for our Valentine’s Day game (which will also be a tag team event). And the next time we host a game in March, we were planning to do the club flush bonus for St. Patrick’s day.

We are hosting an event next April, and I am struggling to come up with a bonus/game for it. The “Rabbit Hunting” idea is interesting, but I’m not sold on it (in part because I agree with some of the concerns about how much time it would burn).

Looking forward to seeing any further development on this thread.

Yep, that's something I thinking about changing, maybe the requirement is to at least have a two pair to request a Rabbit Hunt.

Is this for your homegame?

How is the high hand bonus paid?

That's for my home games, yep. The way we do it is we have a Jackpot, and any player who hits Quads or better gets 70% of the Jackpot. Any other winner gets the rest of it.
When Seasonal Bonuses are active (that's the name I gave to the High hand I mentioned here to make it easier to understand), they yield 20% of that Jackpot.

The Jackpot is funded upon rebuying/buying-in/adding-on, players need to add 10% extra which goes to the jackpot. So if you buy-in for 500 pesos, you need to give an extra 50 pesos.

This has been working pretty since we started it in March.

A little update on yesterday's game: The Rainbow Board rule was wayyy too easy to get, we got 5 rainbow boards in less than an hour, and players only needed to win the hand to qualify, which resulted in the Seasonal Bonus to be given out after only an hour of playing.
I will updated it to something like you need to win with a two-pair or better.
The K9 condition on the other wasn't met at all, most probably because we got 5 Rainbow Boards so quickly and all Seasonal Bonus plaques for the draw had all been won.
I'm thinking about increasing the amount of Seasonal Bonus plaques given out, maybe to 7? 10?

Yep, that's something I thinking about changing, maybe the requirement is to at least have a two pair to request a Rabbit Hunt.
Or maybe either a set/trips, flush draw, or straight draw? Seems like those are the most relevant rabbit hunts in my experience. Either you want to know if you hit your flush or straight or you put the other player on a potential straight or flush and you are looking to see whether you improve to a full house or quads. Maybe that is too limited, and maybe someone with two pair is wondering the same thing as the person with a set/trips. But with two pair, your odds are really slim of making it.

Or maybe either a set/trips, flush draw, or straight draw? Seems like those are the most relevant rabbit hunts in my experience. Either you want to know if you hit your flush or straight or you put the other player on a potential straight or flush and you are looking to see whether you improve to a full house or quads. Maybe that is too limited, and maybe someone with two pair is wondering the same thing as the person with a set/trips. But with two pair, your odds are really slim of making it.

Yeah you're right, I'll make it straight draw or better.

1693325169720.png

Any other ideas?

I've realized that having only one type of hand (Ex: 69, or QQ) is not enough as it will not occur a lot withing the first 4 hours of the game.
I need to have 2-3 different types of hands, like the one in November (AA, 88 or A8)

Any other ideas?

I've realized that having only one type of hand (Ex: 69, or QQ) is not enough as it will not occur a lot withing the first 4 hours of the game.
I need to have 2-3 different types of hands, like the one in November (AA, 88 or A8)
You could add the dirty diaper for May or June (Mothers/Fathers Day) lol

Can you guide me through the meaning of this specific number? Lol
The name? I think it originally came from Nicholas Rigby, who likes to play 23 like AA and calls it the diaper. Pretty sure the "dirty" comes from it being offsuit (even worth than the diaper)

Maybe someone else knows more about the origin. I just know it's another silly name for a specific shitty hand

Oh alright, I didn't know that ahahah

I already have a win condition with 24 and 25 for Xmas so...

I've just had a new idea based on the Blackjack side game 21+3

1701898921182.png

Basically if two players during showdown make a Two-Pair, Trips, Straight or Straight Flush combining their hole cards, they qualify!

Last edited:
Yeah you're right, I'll make it straight draw or better.

View attachment 1187584

A little update on this Seasonal Bonus as we've had the first session including it yesterday!
This is the updated version of it (Only works if a flop has been shown and only the winner can rabbit hunt)

1712344869377.png

It worked great, actually the added conditions make it not so common at all, we've had only 1 qualifier in 1 hour!
I was fearing this would be a rabbit hunt fest, making it too easy to qualify and making the session slow, but not at all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom