I need chairs! Advice would be appreciated. (1 Viewer)

rottenprimate

Sitting Out
Reaction score
So I need chairs to go with the table that will be arriving to my house this week. Ideally I would get some Gassers but there are currently none near me for sale.

Should I go with the Costco padded folding chairs for now and just keep on the look out for Gassers and when I finally do get some just resell the Costco chairs?

Or should I get something like the Hercules chairs (https://www.walmart.com/ip/Flash-Fu...t-Fabric-Silver-Frame/55209633?athbdg=L1600)?

Thanks for the advice.

So I need chairs to go with the table that will be arriving to my house this week. Ideally I would get some Gassers but there are currently none near me for sale.

Should I go with the Costco padded folding chairs for now and just keep on the look out for Gassers and when I finally do get some just resell the Costco chairs?

Or should I get something like the Hercules chairs (https://www.walmart.com/ip/Flash-Fu...t-Fabric-Silver-Frame/55209633?athbdg=L1600)?

Thanks for the advice.
You're likely to have less of a loss reselling the Costco folding chairs. However the Hercules chairs are a step up and will be much more comfortable long term if you are still looking for gasser chairs.

look on Facebook market place, OfferUp. 5 mile....... use banquet chairs or church chairs as your search, I did this and locally here had tons of options, got some like those Hercules chairs for $10 a piece after little negotiation

Good Luck

look on Facebook market place, OfferUp. 5 mile....... use banquet chairs or church chairs as your search, I did this and locally here had tons of options, got some like those Hercules chairs for $10 a piece after little negotiation

Good Luck
Thanks yes I've been scouring them. I'll keep on searching

Does anybody think something like these would be comfortable enough?

chair.jpg

I actually have 8 of those. They work well for my auxiliary table needs and are very easy to use, move, and store when needed. My wife loves them for extra dinner seating too. (Which is always good.)

A puzzle to solve when it comes to a poker table doubling as main dining table is that the poker surface can be 2.5in lower (if not more) than the dining surface (the latter being unusually high).
I am dealing with this puzzle right now.

The sensible thing to do (in that case) is to go for chairs of somewhat higher ass-height, in order to placate wives' bitching. :)

$30/each for the Hercules chairs is a pretty decent deal nowadays.

Facebook marketplace is definitely a good option. Office Max here in Michigan has the padded folding chairs for like $47 each which is insane.

I just found this sale on FB MP and picked up 24 chairs for $15 each. Good condition, just needed to be cleaned up.

1661951157023.png

That's what I use now and it was an upgrade from the plastic folding wedding chairs. Found mine on craigslist qty 15 $25 total. $1.66 a chair. Look hard and you can find a deal.

I decided to try to upgrade my chairs again. I've got some pretty big players and the black stacking chairs with thin padding wasn't cutting it.

Found 70 chairs on FB at a Country Club and all sales were going to a church for repairs. I grabbed 10 @ $20 a piece. Win/win.

332918429_6026521767466352_2383642912089403165_n.jpg
336186416_5918015358295973_6236522226510666825_n (1).jpg

These are very solid and heavy duty. I didn't want cloth since my players smoke cigars.

I was the first one there and got to cherry pick my 10. Got all of them without any tears.

These were made by Global Allies llc. They only sell to hotels, resorts and country clubs. They have a flex aluminum back where you can lean back a little bit. Had one player test it out and he loved it. We watched March Madness games this weekend sitting in them. Huge upgrade.

My wife didn't want me to spend $200, so I offered up anyone who wanted to upgrade can either pay $20 and own it or $10 and get an unlimited rental. 9 players took the $10 rental so I only had to pay $110 ($11 a chair). I can't wait to host my next game and get some reactions.

Go Gasser - it will happen on Marketplace for you. For now, get some folding chairs at Goodwill and/or Gasser like, ask people to bring their own chair. I did that for years with 30 to 40 guys and never had a complaint. Now I’m firing up a more permanent spot in my basement I waited and got these for $5 each….. be patient.

3C82FA62-098D-401A-BCDF-87CC862C5BDB.jpeg

These are on marketplace 8 for $85... look decent shape from pictures. Thanks for any thoughts on these.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230505-222751.png
    Screenshot_20230505-222751.png
    394.3 KB · Views: 41
Echoing what most others have said already.

Local Craigslist is often good for stackable banquet chairs. Often come from closed down restaurants, halls, churches, etc. Most likely to be serviceable and cheap. Every now and then you might get very lucky and find Gassers or something nearly equivalent.

Remember your ability to store when not in use. If they are always in use, then not to worry. But some may have aspirations for hosting multi-table tournaments on a regular basis.

I'd like to add that there could be some good auctions in your area for office, restaurant, etc. liquidations. I've found some good condition/quality furniture this way, but it varies per area.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom