I hate people that don’t respond (1 Viewer)

stavman

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
@chipsncoffee what do you have to say for yourself? Do you have any reason at all for ignoring said user after he's paid you? If he continues to ignore, definitely use the rating feature and report him. This is just outright theft.

Looks like they've been online today. I'd give it a couple of days to see if they reach out. If not, that's what the feedback system is there for. I've seen negative feedback given for far less.

Looks like they've been online today. I'd give it a couple of days to see if they reach out. If not, that's what the feedback system is there for. I've seen negative feedback given for far less.
Is this the only recourse though? If he never sends the chips then he can just about on the forum selling to other potential victims? Wouldn't this be cause for a ban?

Ok...I’m going to take a slightly different stance here than most...

I have a similar situation that came up with someone on the forum...a site vendor actually. I paid far more than 30 days ago and went around 30 days since last contact. My PMs got progressively more frustrated in tone and he did finally reply back — taking full responsibility, apologizing, explaining how these crazy times have knocked him off his game (but acknowledging that wasn’t a justification), and offering to solve in whatever way was best for me.

I’m not saying the same is true here, but life really is crazy for a lot of reasons for a lot of people right now. I hope the offending party comes forward and offers an explaination and to make things right...this is certainly not enough money I would expect someone to burn their reputation over. But maybe something really is going on??

Yeah, maybe give it some more time. Maybe something going on personally these days. We never know.

Ok...I’m going to take a slightly different stance here than most...

I have a similar situation that came up with someone on the forum...a site vendor actually. I paid far more than 30 days ago and went around 30 days since last contact. My PMs got progressively more frustrated in tone and he did finally reply back — taking full responsibility, apologizing, explaining how these crazy times have knocked him off his game (but acknowledging that wasn’t a justification), and offering to solve in whatever way was best for me.

I’m not saying the same is true here, but life really is crazy for a lot of reasons for a lot of people right now. I hope the offending party comes forward and offers an explaination and to make things right...this is certainly not enough money I would expect someone to burn their reputation over. But maybe something really is going on??

No I get it. The thing he’s been online and just never bothered to respond. All I need is communication.

No I get it. The thing he’s been online and just never bothered to respond. All I need is communication.
For what it’s worth...same situation here...was online every few days. (I brought that up in my PMs)

FWIW if I am seeing this correctly he has not commented or interacted on PCF since your auction. And I think that “last appeared on...” can get triggered by browser tabs being opened. Not that that is better or worse.

Last edited:
FWIW if I am seeing this correctly he has t commented or interacted on PCF since your auction. And I think that “last appeared on...” can get triggered by start tabs being opened. Not that that is better or worse.
Yes, it could be another family member using the googles.
(Doesn't excuse the incredible delay...I would also be pissed, but there are scenarios that don't include him logging in all the time to laugh at the money he's gotten away with.)

I think the best way to avoid this whole ghosting thing is to make a post like this, give them 48 hours to resurface, then they get banned and if they've bought or sold before and we have the information... their name and address gets posted on the forum for all to see... seems like one hell of a deterrent...

I think the best way to avoid this whole ghosting thing is to make a post like this, give them 48 hours to resurface, then they get banned and if they've bought or sold before and we have the information... their name and address gets posted on the forum for all to see... seems like one hell of a deterrent...
What you're describing is highly frowned upon at best, and illegal in some places at worst. Doxing can get lots of people in trouble.

A public warning and negative feedback should be plenty deterrent for others to see to be careful about dealing with.

I would bet something tragic happened. Hang tight, and maybe in the meantime we can ban together and do a charity auction with the buyer as the beneficiary.

Lol, fuck no.

Is this the only recourse though? If he never sends the chips then he can just about on the forum selling to other potential victims? Wouldn't this be cause for a ban?
Well, he's gonna ruin the handle "chipsncoffee" for sure. This brotherhood is gonna fry him all over..

I really am surprised by this. As @Rbonus012 points out, a few members here have positive experience with him.

This just sucks @stavman , you have shown amazing temperance, and you deserve explanation...

Uh. Nah....

Amazing patience and benefit of the doubt being shown here. Thanks for the warning, I’ve already put @chipsncoffee on “ignore”.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom