ThePrototype

Straight
Reaction score
In the middle of putting together a HSI set for cash games. Hoping to go for

Usually 8 hands

200 x $5(already have)
350 x $1 (have 150 so far)
100 x .25

Hoping this will be ok for .25/.50 into 1/1 blinds.

£50 gets you in for 100bb and theres enough chips there easily for a buy back in of £50.

I have also seen the idea of rebuys being set at $20 increments so you either pay abit less than your original buy in or a little more. ( Is this a good idea or down to personal preferance i assume)

Opinions as ive never ran cash games before, cheers guys.

Last edited:
In the middle of putting together a HSI set for cash games. Hoping to go for

Usually 8 hands

200 x $5(already have)
350 x $1 (need another 2 racks)
100 x .25

Hoping this will be ok for .25/.50 into 1/1 blinds.

£50 gets you in for 100bb and theres enough chips there easily for a buy back in of £50.

I have also seen the idea of rebuys being set at $20 increments so you either pay abit less than your original buy in or a little more. ( Is this a good idea or down to personal preferance i assume)

Opinions as ive never ran cash games before, cheers guys.
I dont think you really need two more racks of $1s, maybe rather a, rack of $25s.

Sorry i should edit this meant i only have 150 $1 chips so far of the total 350
But still, i think three racks would be plenty with the two racks of 5s you have, then buy half a rack of 25s for rebuys, they can make change on the table

You're probably good for $1s if you have 150 of them. When I spread a .25/.25 game (max $40), I use 200X .25s and 200X $1s, but I think I am in the (very small) minority here. People usually recommend a rack each of .25s and $1s.

you should consider grabbing a couple barrels of $25s (maybe 50 to fill out that 3rd rack of $5s) if you can. semi-future proofing, plus it's fun to have a few big chips on top of your stack if things are going well.

@Sambukan i think i may go that direction. With the amount i have or hope to have they could easily rebuy with identical stacks but in the unlikely scenario they rebuy for another £50 then $25 chips will be a good idea

you should consider grabbing a couple barrels of $25s (maybe 50 to fill out that 3rd rack of $5s) if you can. semi-future proofing, plus it's fun to have a few big chips on top of your stack if things are going well.
Thanks, seems like a half rack of $25 will be the way to go :) any thoughts on when it would be a good time to switch the blinds up to 1/1 from .25/50 as we wont want that all game

Thanks, seems like a half rack of $25 will be the way to go :) any thoughts on when it would be a good time to switch the blinds up to 1/1 from .25/50 as we wont want that all game
When everyone is ready to move up from a £50 buy-in to £100 buy-in (or £200 for deepstack play). Your players will let you know when they're ready!

If u want max versatility, why not just buy chips for a 5/5 game and divide by 40 at first, so a 1000 buy in is worth $25. At the end of the night if someone has 3000 worth of chips, they have $75. Then as your stakes go up, u adjust the denominator (divide by 20, 1000 worth of chips equals $50) instead of having to buy new chips. I think it’s much easier and less expensive to do it that way. This is the way we have always done it. our stakes have gone up substantially over the last 20 plus years and for over 15 years I used my chipco set. Just a thought.

If u want max versatility, why not just buy chips for a 5/5 game and divide by 40 at first, so a 1000 buy in is worth $25. At the end of the night if someone has 3000 worth of chips, they have $75. Then as your stakes go up, u adjust the denominator (divide by 20, 1000 worth of chips equals $50) instead of having to buy new chips. I think it’s much easier and less expensive to do it that way. This is the way we have always done it. our stakes have gone up substantially over the last 20 plus years and for over 15 years I used my chipco set. Just a thought.
I could but then i wouldnt have a need to buy more sexy chips :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: good idea though

When everyone is ready to move up from a £50 buy-in to £100 buy-in (or £200 for deepstack play). Your players will let you know when they're ready!
Oh i get that, what i meant was during that game we toyed with the idea of say keeping the blinds at .25/.50 for x amount of time then increasing to 1/1 to get more into the pot

A pseudo-cash-tournament - I like it! Normally, in a cash game, the blinds are set and don't increase. Nothing to stop you doing that though. If alcohol is involved it typically has the same effect as the night progresses anyway :p

A pseudo-cash-tournament - I like it! Normally, in a cash game, the blinds are set and don't increase. Nothing to stop you doing that though. If alcohol is involved it typically has the same effect as the night progresses anyway :p
Hahah it is always involved, in fact its practically mandatory :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: the main reason for having lower starting blinds is to ease the nervous players in as we have a couple of casuals. I mean im not exactly good but i want to improve and well we have a few who just like to hangout and loose money :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: once they realise your not going to get wiped out instantly i think they will settle in

I’ve ran .25/.25 that grew to 25/50 and now 50/1

my lineup is:
100x .50
200x $1
200x $5
40 x $20
10 x $100
This works really well for my 9 handed game. I need to add some more $20s.
we normally $1500-2000 on the table most nights. The 200 quarters work fine as well. I just wasn’t able to find a .25 that I wanted.

I host a weekly $1/$1 cash game that started out as a .25/.50 game as well, but quickly grew. We always start with a full table of 10. Typically, there’s at least $3500 on the table and we’ve topped 5k a few times. Knowing your players level of $$ comfort will dictate your chip needs for the appropriate bank. For a $1/$1 game, you definitely will need some $25’s and a barrel of $100’s won’t hurt either. I’d also grab another rack of $5’s, but with enough 25’s, your 200 should be sufficient.
9DAD4D65-0FE0-40C4-B5B7-EDCF51257B44.jpeg

This is what I keep in the case on game night....

$1...150...$150
$5...300...$1500
$25...60...$1500
$100...15...$1500
Total bank of $4650

I have a couple of $500’s just in case I need to buy back some 25’s and 100’s on the super crazy nights.

Very nice set that and yes i will be looking to poach some $25 when some pop up now

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom